KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 189 190 [191] 192 193 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Andrew Lincoln is leaving TWD:
https://www.cbr.com/the-walking-dea...ture-reasoning/

And so will pretty much the rest of the viewers after this season. This show had already jumped the shark anyway as pointed out earlier, so I cant be mad at him for leaving at this point and feel his reason for doing so is respectable enough. You can only be in something like this for so long before somebody wants out, and it didnt help that this show had no real idea beforehand on when or how to end, regardless of the source material.

But to anyone who sticks around for the Norman Reedus show afterward, have fun I guess, but Daryl for me long overstayed his welcome.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 07:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's so ****ing stupid to announce that he's leaving in advance. They're ruining what could have been a very shocking red wedding type moment for them. Instead, everyone will know it's coming. Really dumb and shortsighted, like most of the decisions they've made concerning this show.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 09:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lauren Cohan is leaving as well:
https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-wa...y-not-finished/

Lol, the leads are dropping like flies.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 01:05 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No surprise there, tbh.

Originally posted by BackFire
It's so ****ing stupid to announce that he's leaving in advance. They're ruining what could have been a very shocking red wedding type moment for them. Instead, everyone will know it's coming. Really dumb and shortsighted, like most of the decisions they've made concerning this show.

Was thinking that earlier too, tho forgot to bring it up. But yeah, they just dont give a shit at this point clearly.

edit: Or is just AMC doing their attempt at damage control since Rick is the main character and all. Take your pick.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 04:36 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 04:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BackFire

They will want the ratings for the episode that we all know is his last.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

edit: Or is just AMC doing their attempt at damage control since Rick is the main character and all.

Plus probably this as well. Prepare us all for it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 12:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Galan007
I've said it before, but if the show stayed truer to the source material(ie. comics), it would be FAR better.

...But that's not going to happen. The show is on its own path now... Cringeworthy as it may be.

TWD lost its charm by following its source material to the letter in large part. It was not necessary to port every kind of weirdo in the Comics to TV.

Comics can feature numerous stories and villains (cheap to make and sell) but a TV show should have an endgame and not deviate from it.

Woodbury storyline was excellent by any measure and a decent representation of human-oriented dangers in the post-apocalyptic environment. However, Cannibals and Terminus were unnecessary additions and fillers - these groups made the whole 'running into bad guys' trope a repetitive affair in the show.

Negan was a convincing villain in the comics but didn't work out in the show; a sharp reminder that not everything that glitters in the comics is good for TV.

King Ezekiel storyline was also disappointing. The world has fallen apart and somebody have sufficient time and resources to sell himself as a king to a community, and people bought it? Rubbish.

Now the fans are expecting The Whisperers to show up? Another shit-show in the making?

TWD would have been much better with a unique story arc and set of characters. Daryl and Merle do not exist in the comics but these two were/are among the best characters of the show in the first 3 seasons. Merle, in particular, posited a unique kind of threat to Rick's group due to his cowboy mindset - excellent.

They should have replaced Eugene Porter with a university professor who would be seeking answers and trying to explore formerly important locations in search of potential clues and potential cure. Through the course of this journey, they could show us glimpses of the past which contributed to chaos and destruction.

Professor is able to unravel TWD mystery to large extent whereas Rick's group finds refuge in a large settlement where National Guard is intact and trying to maintain order. Professor also runs into this settlement and brings with him important revelations but rivalries surface.

So many ideas.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:50 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

There is a "Mystery" to TWD?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Flyattractor
There is a "Mystery" to TWD?

The virus part.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:53 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

They even still bring that up anymore?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 08:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
TWD lost its charm by following its source material to the letter in large part. It was not necessary to port every kind of weirdo in the Comics to TV.

Comics can feature numerous stories and villains (cheap to make and sell) but a TV show should have an endgame and not deviate from it.

Woodbury storyline was excellent by any measure and a decent representation of human-oriented dangers in the post-apocalyptic environment. However, Cannibals and Terminus were unnecessary additions and fillers - these groups made the whole 'running into bad guys' trope a repetitive affair in the show.

Negan was a convincing villain in the comics but didn't work out in the show; a sharp reminder that not everything that glitters in the comics is good for TV.

King Ezekiel storyline was also disappointing. The world has fallen apart and somebody have sufficient time and resources to sell himself as a king to a community, and people bought it? Rubbish.

Now the fans are expecting The Whisperers to show up? Another shit-show in the making?

TWD would have been much better with a unique story arc and set of characters. Daryl and Merle do not exist in the comics but these two were/are among the best characters of the show in the first 3 seasons. Merle, in particular, posited a unique kind of threat to Rick's group due to his cowboy mindset - excellent.

They should have replaced Eugene Porter with a university professor who would be seeking answers and trying to explore formerly important locations in search of potential clues and potential cure. Through the course of this journey, they could show us glimpses of the past which contributed to chaos and destruction.

Professor is able to unravel TWD mystery to large extent whereas Rick's group finds refuge in a large settlement where National Guard is intact and trying to maintain order. Professor also runs into this settlement and brings with him important revelations but rivalries surface.

So many ideas.
>Says comics can afford to have 'cheap' stories and villains but a show can't
>Wants a cure storyline

>lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 08:54 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Scott Wilson (Hershel) has passed away

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-w...lson-dies-at-76

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 05:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 12:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop watching this after 4 episodes last season, the comic also lost it's shine a few years back.

Time to put the zombies back in the ground.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 10:03 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I agree with Pooty.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 05:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The current seasons's off to a decent start so far, but I'm fine with this being the last one I end up watching. Fear TWD I already dropped.

Late to comment, but R.I.P. Scott Wilson/Hershel.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 10:19 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Rick... Sigh, I knew I would hate it, but still wasnt ready for this.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2018 02:52 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So of all the possibilities, THAT'S how they have Rick go out? Falling on a piece of f*cking rebar? lmao.

Mother of god this show is terrible now.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 01:47 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Well we only saw him lose consciousness at the end there, although it's tough to see how even a swat team showing up could save him at this point. We might get an episode of them looking for him and then Zombie Rick might be the one to lead those herds back to Alexandria, he couldn't unite the survivors but he could unite those two herds.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 04:53 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So other then Nostalgic Buffoonery, why does Rick go to back to the Hospital from the Fist episode?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 05:26 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Putinbot1
The comic also lost its shine a few years back.

Kirkman is a f*cking idiot for killing Andrea in the comic book. I was heartbroken.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 05:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote