KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 202 203 [204] 205 206 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Aye but she never came into it until season 2 at the farm

Well that’s about as close to the OG cast as you can get.

It’s like, Captain America didnt join the Avengers till issue 4, but he has founding member status. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 02:46 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I don't count her as an OG.

For me it's Daryl and Carol.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 03:20 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, you failed math though, remember?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 04:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will AMC ever put an end to all the Walking Dead spin-off series, they really are beating a dead horse.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 05:36 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by robotflug
Will AMC ever put an end to all the Walking Dead spin-off series, they really are beating a dead horse.

You mean, an UNDEAD horse! eek!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 06:16 PM
S_W_LeGenD

World Beyond is good IMHO. Much better than the original lately.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 04:59 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
World Beyond is good IMHO. Much better than the original lately.

All these AMC Walking Dead shows get so repetitive, have too much slow boring filler, unbearable nagging characters that will not shut up and episodes drag on far too long.

The zombie apocalypse genre really worn out its welcome as all of them just want to be like George A. Romero's zombie movies.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 12:47 AM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

All these AMC Walking Dead shows get so repetitive, have too much slow boring filler, unbearable nagging characters that will not shut up and episodes drag on far too long.

The zombie apocalypse genre really worn out its welcome as all of them just want to be like George A. Romero's zombie movies.

I see your point.

World Beyond is no masterpiece for sure (not even close) but I liked the environmental aspects of it. Among the characters, I liked Elton (good natured and scientific minded; his perspectives were interesting and different from typical exchanges). It was also refreshing to see the bunch not running into bad guys time and again (repetitive and predictable) but experienced problems from within and the overarching group they were a part of was really something.

This spinoff does have its share of unbearable characters of-course. And it could be done better as well. But something different from the Whisperer's story arc which never clicked to me.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 14th, 2021 at 10:19 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 10:14 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

World Beyond was balls to the wall bad.

Walking and Fear aren’t great or anything, but I still enjoy some of the characters on each show and the zombie kills. World Beyond’s characters are not likable or even UNlikable to the point that it makes up for the boring ass plot(s).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 09:57 AM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Walking Dead and all its pointless spinoff series are those shows that can only be watched once and never again, AMC made all of them such chores to even rewatch them. It does not help when each Walking Dead show has moments in episodes that are supposed to be serious but comes off as very campy and the characters dialogue can be ridiculous.

All those Walking Dead TV shows have become eyesores.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 02:40 PM
riv6672

Walking Dead and all its pointless spinoff series are those shows that can only be watched once and never again, AMC made all of them such chores to even rewatch them. It does not help when each Walking Dead show has moments in episodes that are supposed to be serious but comes off as very campy and the characters dialogue can be ridiculous.

All those Walking Dead TV shows have become eyesores.

I agree w. and ain’t gonna argue against any of that! laughing

But again, I enjoy some of the characters on Walking and Fear enough to keep watching. Granted, the shows have reached the level of “playing on my phone only halfway paying attention”. That’s one step removed from not watching at all (that’s where World Beyond is).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 02:56 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cannot stand the "Boo Hoo" moping stories of any Walking Dead TV show when a character dies or they are just walking around just searching for something a person or an object as it gets so boring. Spongebobs worst episodes are better than that crap.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 03:20 PM
riv6672

thumb up laughing

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 05:01 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

1.The Villains in the Walking Dead TV shows were over the top campy, examples like the Governor and Negan. The writers cranked it up to 11, They were not scary they were more campy and failed to be convincing as evil characters.

2.The Heroic speech from the characters happens so much that its like a parody of itself and easy to laugh at.

3.If AMC was smart they would stop with the Walking Dead shows and move on to something thats way more interesting than the one note zombie apocalypse shows.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 05:25 PM
riv6672

Man, you really needed to get this off your chest, eh? huh

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 06:46 PM
Darth Thor

So one season left stating this Sunday right ?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 10:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I'm not even sure anymore.

New ep. is in my cache, just need to get myself properly tipsy so as to have more tolerance for it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 09:59 AM
riv6672

Well I’ll be damned this was actually a good ep.
Tightly written w. no meandering shit.

The first scene w. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Maggie and Negan coming face to face was sharp.
And seeing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Glenn’s kid was actually a legit feel good moment. He made a great entrance.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 02:40 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I see they're going back to the "Carol on the verge of tears in every conversation" thing again. Give it a few episodes and she'll swing back to her emotionless terminator badass mode again before having yet another mental breakdown and becoming totally helpless again.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 08:13 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^spoilers man, spoilers! stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 09:51 AM