KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 203 204 [205] 206 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Last couple of weeks have been character studies, w. only 3 ppl in each ep. due to filming early in the pandemic.

The Daryl one was okay, but this week’s Father Gabriel/Aaron/[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Robert Patrick ep. was pretty good. I loved the ****ed up ending.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 09:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Proper lol'd at that episode. Mays...my name is Mays....CLANG

Best character they've introduced for ages and straight away...DOOSH!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2021 09:11 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Proper lol'd at that episode. Mays...my name is Mays....CLANG

Best character they've introduced for ages and straight away...DOOSH!

I rather enjoyed the CLANG DOOSH.
Father Gabriel knows not to let the Serpent into the Garden.

Unless it’s Negan then you give him free room & board for several years before releasing him to have post apocalypse she hasn’t showered in several years sex w. a filthy bald chick before killing her and then becoming a part of the community. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 21st, 2021 02:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

So did I. The bit after was dark AF though.

Gave the impression that Mays had chained up his brother and forced him to watch his wife and kids decompose in front of him.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2021 05:52 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah Mays was a sick ****.
I can only imagine he would’ve just left his brother there to rot if the guys had offered to take him along.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2021 06:17 PM
riv6672

The season finale was a Negan origin story and was pretty decent.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 08:50 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I mean everyone knew what his backstory was especially by now, but what we got was alright in execution.

To say I am over Maggie at this point is an overstatement. If she was actually there during the whole Whisperers arc and saw what they were like in comparison, she wouldve been more thankful of Negan saving everyone even if she still hated him, but because she was written out of the show for a certain amount of time, is just oh here we go again.

Well only one more season of this chit. Now back to Fear TWD which became the better show at some point anyway.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 11:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I mean everyone knew what his backstory was especially by now, but what we got was alright in execution.

To say I am over Maggie at this point is an overstatement. If she was actually there during the whole Whisperers arc and saw what they were like in comparison, she wouldve been more thankful of Negan saving everyone even if she still hated him, but because she was written out of the show for a certain amount of time, is just oh here we go again.

Well only one more season of this chit. Now back to Fear TWD which became the better show at some point anyway.

Fear took a massive upswing for me when they got rid of Madison!

As for Negan, I loved that he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: said **** it, and went back to the village. I mean, I know what he did, but he basically spent X amount of years in solitary confinement and has been paroled. Not getting killed by Rick wasn’t his choice, neither was getting imprisoned, neither was being released.
Maggie can be pissed and justifiably so, but she needs to spread that piss around to everyone else involved!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 04:55 PM
riv6672

Fear’s season finale wasn’t as…explosive as it could have been, but I expected that, otherwise there’s be no show.
There were some good bits in there, I enjoyed it overall.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2021 12:42 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bart: Hey, Dad. How come they're taking The Cosby Show off the air?
Homer: Because Mr. Cosby wanted to stop before the quality suffered.
Bart: Quality, schmality! If I had a TV show, I'd run that sucker into the ground!
Homer: Amen, boy. Amen.

That sums it up about AMC's Walking Dead and it's spinoffs.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 11:48 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^upvote.

Still, there’s enough to keep me tuning in; characters I like and cool kills mostly. The last two eps in the subway have been really good. One of the creepier more claustrophobic places they’ve shown us.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 12:50 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Don't know about in the states but over here they decided after 9 seasons of airing it on Fox/FX that they'd sell the rights to Disney+. So I guess that's me out because its not enough of a draw to get me to resubscribe. (Only thing on Disney+ I watch is Mando)

Oh well.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 01:17 AM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

AMC made such a boring TV show. How many more spin-offs are they going to make?.

The problems of The Walking Dead and all of the spin-off series.

1.Loads and Loads of pointless boring fillers.
2.The characters are so unbearable always nagging at eachother.
3.Stupid fake out death scenes when they encounter zombies or corrupt people.
4.Nothing entertaining about the characters crying mommy over a friend that died and they drag that sad story out for a few damn episodes.
5.It tries so hard to be serious depending on the scenes but ends up feeling like a campy comedy.
6.The villains are so over the top they are ridiculous.
7.Cringe-worthy and laughable dialogue.
8.The show can suffer from too much out of place or very awkward scenes so random and out of nowhere such as how the characters interact or how action scenes play out.

There comes a point when a boring Zombie Apocalypse TV series must end. Although the main show is ending at its eleventh season it just gets worse they are milking it with more spin-off series.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 12:09 AM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I dropped this show after season three.

The last 30 issues of the comic were a damn soap opera and the final issue felt like Kirkman wrote it while taking a shit in his bathroom on a Sunday afternoon.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 04:19 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thats actually pretty relaxing. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 09:51 PM
riv6672

Pretty sure no one’s watching these shows anymore but I’ll spoiler tag anyway.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Aisha Tyler seems to have joined the FearTWD cast, as a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: former pro wrestler of all things.

This made for one of the cheesiest scenes in any of the shows as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Aisha, Dwight and his wife fought a bunch of zombies in and around a wrestling ring complete w. wrestling moves, foreign objects and steel chair shots. laughing

Old Post Nov 19th, 2021 06:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I've debated with myself picking back up at like season 7 (I think it is) to see Negan. I quit in season 4 or 5, I can't really remember. But I got tired of the filler episodes. It was obvious that they were milking the show too much.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 06:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I've debated with myself picking back up at like season 7 (I think it is) to see Negan. I quit in season 4 or 5, I can't really remember. But I got tired of the filler episodes. It was obvious that they were milking the show too much.

Don't bother. It never gets better. Far from it. I doubt I'll get around to the final season. I've not even read up on what's happening in it.

There was still the occasional decent episode or plot line sprinkled among the seasons but mostly its just totally shit.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 08:19 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
There was still the occasional decent episode or plot line sprinkled among the seasons but mostly its just totally shit.

Yeah, that's what I got frustrated with. Too much fluff to sit through to get to the good stuff. It became too much of a chore to watch.

I really wish they had kept the seasons at a strict 8-10 episode limit. Maybe 12 tops.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 08:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Walking Dead should be a comedy horror do to it having too many scenes that can scream comedy.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 03:56 PM