KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Premiers on Friday night here. Can't wait.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 12:57 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

iT WAS OK.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 03:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Second ep looks like it will be better.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 05:36 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am just wondering how long they will be able to keep the "Zombie" aspect of the show interesting.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 05:35 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

if the show really is true to the comic and so far it's really accurate even down to some of the dialogue) then the zombies will only be half of it. a lot of the drama in the show comes from [SPOILER - highlight to read]: people trying to kill other people. the zombies are just the backdrop for that.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 07:33 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I am just wondering how long they will be able to keep the "Zombie" aspect of the show interesting.
Why would it be hard to keep interesting?

The zombies are just used as social commentary, the writer of the Walking Dead even said this his the epilogue of the first comic. He didn't want his comic to only be about horror or gore, and I assume the show will be the same way.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 07:51 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I just meant is there going to be enought of that to keep the zom-fans on board for the whole run.

I have read some of the series.

But comic fans aren't tv fans.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 09:07 PM
Mindset

A well written story, most times, will be entertaining regardless of the medium.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 09:15 PM
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

I haven't read the comics but I loved how the first episode played out and the ending of the episode also..... I can't wait for the new episode on Sunday nights, it looks really good.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 11:53 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Very good first episode, setting the series up very well.

I see a 2nd season has been green lit.

LINK

The number of episodes will go up from 6 to 13 too.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 09:13 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

It's been ok so far, nothing extraordinary; just feels like recycled bits and pieces from old zombie movies.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 11:44 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Last episode was a bit slower/let-down than the previous two, but I do understand why for the story.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 05:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
Last episode was a bit slower/let-down than the previous two, but I do understand why for the story.

rob i haven't watched this yet, but would you recommend it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 07:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

Don't tell me that racist redneck cut off his hand and is still living...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:34 PM
Saskaswan is currently offline Click here to Send Saskaswan a Private Message Find more posts by Saskaswan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Saskaswan
Don't tell me that racist redneck cut off his hand and is still living...

Now dont u think it would make more sense to actually cut the chain or the thing the handcuff was tied to?

On another not, for those that read the comics. Since its obvious they wont follow the book as it is, What are the chances that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rick will keep his hand? I for one wouldnt mind if he did.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 10:20 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
rob i haven't watched this yet, but would you recommend it

It's entertaining enough (so far) and there's a couple of characters that could turn out to be interesting. From what I've read about the comic, the story/characters should get better later in(should they follow the comic).

So yes, give it a try, it's only 3 episodes in; the worst you have to lose is a bit over two hours of your time, if you FF the commercials.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 10:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Now dont u think it would make more sense to actually cut the chain or the thing the handcuff was tied to?

On another not, for those that read the comics. Since its obvious they wont follow the book as it is, What are the chances that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rick will keep his hand? I for one wouldnt mind if he did.

Handcuffs are resistant to hacksaws, but the bit of rusted steel should have been no problem, unless it was a wood-saw attached.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 10:34 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It's entertaining enough (so far) and there's a couple of characters that could turn out to be interesting. From what I've read about the comic, the story/characters should get better later in(should they follow the comic).

So yes, give it a try, it's only 3 episodes in; the worst you have to lose is a bit over two hours of your time, if you FF the commercials.

thanks rob, i will start watching

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paul79UF

Handcuffs are resistant to hacksaws, but the bit of rusted steel should have been no problem, unless it was a wood-saw attached.

I just assumed that he would have tried to saw through that stuff first and then resorted to sawing off the hand. sick

I would keep the hand to toss at a "geek" to distract them if I got in a bind. It would be like tossing a doberman a steak when you're breaking in to a store. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 11:35 PM
Paul79UF is currently offline Click here to Send Paul79UF a Private Message Find more posts by Paul79UF Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched this earlier tonight.. thought the episode was ok but will continue to watch

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 07:47 AM