KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (181): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I've not read the comic, but I don't think there's a cure once you're a zombie and dead/rotting.

P.S. I've never hit on my cousins, ya perv.

"i am legend" came pretty close. wasn't it supose to happen afterwards though, post "Legend"? but come to think of it, i don't think i've ever seen a movie ever solve a "zombie apocaplypse". towards the end the dead just keep strolling along with humans barely escaping or sadly heading away. you'll have the occasional mega explosion that takes a bunch of the dead out but there're always alot that remain.

the good thing is is that zombies can't reproduce and they (seemingly) need energy/flesh to go on. so maybe it'll just be a waiting game for this next series;/trying to find a cure/fighting a whole bunch off with depopulization in mind.

and 3rd cousins are fine. their for off enough. 2nd cousins are fine too but only when you're drunk. 1st cousins, if they're a 10 and only you've never, ever met or spoken.

ha, j/k.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 02:43 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"i am legend" came pretty close. wasn't it supose to happen afterwards though, post "Legend"? but come to think of it, i don't think i've ever seen a movie ever solve a "zombie apocaplypse". towards the end the dead just keep strolling along with humans barely escaping or sadly heading away. you'll have the occasional mega explosion that takes a bunch of the dead out but there're always alot that remain.

the good thing is is that zombies can't reproduce and they (seemingly) need energy/flesh to go on. so maybe it'll just be a waiting game for this next series;/trying to find a cure/fighting a whole bunch off with depopulization in mind.

and 3rd cousins are fine. their for off enough. 2nd cousins are fine too but only when you're drunk. 1st cousins, if they're a 10 and only you've never, ever met or spoken.

ha, j/k.

The creatures in I Am Legend (film) were mutated humans with some similarities to vampires; they were still alive though and why Neville was trying to cure them.

Read 'World War Z' by Max Brooks, I think you'll enjoy it. Slow to start, but get's exceptionally good by about a 1/4 into it as the stories start to tie in together for a bigger picture.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 08:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Scythe
He did some music for the movie Sunshine and 28 Days Later.

I believe this song was in the last episode of Walking Dead. The part where they all start driving.
yeah I definitely noticed that too.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 05:37 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Season Finale was good enough. The doc's character was meh though, he was so adamant about his belief and then was "ah, ok, here you go'.
I don't think he was adamant so much as resigned and without hope.

I thought that character was inspired.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 05:38 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A bit of a disappointment, I thought. Was a solid show, just the first season was so damn short, felt like it ended just as it was getting going. Looking forward to the second season, though it sounds like there will be a long wait. Here's hoping that next season involves [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Prison, which was when the comic went from good to exceptional.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 11:20 AM
BackFire is online now! Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

The creatures in I Am Legend (film) were mutated humans with some similarities to vampires; they were still alive though and why Neville was trying to cure them.

Read 'World War Z' by Max Brooks, I think you'll enjoy it. Slow to start, but get's exceptionally good by about a 1/4 into it as the stories start to tie in together for a bigger picture.

You know, a couple of years ago i got into the audiobook a bit, the first few chapters if i remember correctly, but became uninterested because of the slow pace but maybe i'll give it another go. The show's really gotten me into 'em more than ever.

i like the zombies mythos quite a bit. i have a 36" x 24' framed portrait of one in my house. Maybe you've see the poster before, it looks like the Obama "Hope" portrait, same colors but it's a drawing of a putrified zombie instead and at the foot, in caps, it reads "BRAINS".

And my favorite zombie's (still) gotta be "Tarman" from "Night of the living dead". Remember "more brains!"

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 04:17 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Decent first season I thought, I agree that I was to short.

Looks like the 2nd season will start at about the same time this one did. LINK Around Halloween again would make sense.

Hurd [executive producer] said the Walking Dead will probably return in October. “I think Frank and Robert [Kirkman, writer of the Walking Dead comic and an executive producer on the show] will sit down early next year, to begin mapping it out.” She also confirmed that “every one of the principal cast is signed up for multiple seasons.”

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 09:01 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Black

The last episode was kinda pointless, but entertaining nonetheless.

I have a suspicion that Merle is going to go off and become teh Governor and he will take off Ricks hand. eye for an eye and all that

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 07:50 PM
Solidus Black is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Black a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

There's a lot of speculation that Merle will indeed be the Governor, the producers/director haven't denied or confirmed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 10:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

I like this show so far.

Last edited by The Nuul on Dec 27th, 2010 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 09:52 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BackFire
A bit of a disappointment, I thought. Was a solid show, just the first season was so damn short, felt like it ended just as it was getting going. Looking forward to the second season, though it sounds like there will be a long wait. Here's hoping that next season involves [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Prison, which was when the comic went from good to exceptional.
It was like a English tv series.

And I hate how short they are. sad

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 01:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I enjoyed the first season a lot. Looking forward to the next season.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 07:43 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm looking forward to it as well, I enjoyed the short first season.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 09:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Entertainment Weekly are reporting that Stephen King is in talks to write an episode for the 2nd season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/21/s...lking-dead-amc/

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:21 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

This show could have been alot better.

The casting sucked in regards to Rick.
The plot steers in the wrong direction many times. No wonder the writers got booted out.

The last episode was idiotic.

I urge all interested to read the comic though. It's leagues above this show.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 01:38 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I bought the DVD last week, and it was awesome. Can't wait for season two.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 10:43 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The Walking Dead comic is complete shit.

Anyway, the first episode of the show was amazing.Everything after that was shit.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 11:26 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

You ruined it.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 11:32 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

ilu

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 11:36 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Had to use my urban dictionary for that.

ilu 2.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 11:45 PM