KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
My girlfriend and I have both read the books and thought the first three eps of the 1st season were good and the last half mindbogglingly bad writing.

When we watched the 1st episode of 2nd season last night we were bored. None of the characters have the flair of their comic counterparts besides Dale, Glenn and Andrea.

Not happy with were this show is going, this show should've been impossible to get wrong.

LoL, you don't have a girlfriend.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 03:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I liked the first ep. Romero is the king of zombie movies.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:06 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Robtard

None of ya'll are aware that I am REALLY good looking.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Romero is the king of zombie movies.

He holds equal ground with Fulci.

Last edited by the ninjak on Oct 20th, 2011 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:09 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

My girlfriend and I have both read the books and thought the first three eps of the 1st season were good and the last half mindbogglingly bad writing.

When we watched the 1st episode of 2nd season last night we were bored. None of the characters have the flair of their comic counterparts besides Dale, Glenn and Andrea.

Not happy with were this show is going, this show should've been impossible to get wrong.

I loved the episode the pacing was great

and there's also the fact that this episode was written by Kirkman, as in Robert Kirkman, the creator and writer of the comic this show is based on smile

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:23 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

None of ya'll are aware that I am REALLY good looking.

Most people would say Ricky Martin is a handsome/really good looking guy; he doesn't have a girlfriend either.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 06:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Most people would say Ricky Martin is a handsome/really good looking guy; he doesn't have a girlfriend either.

Ricky Martin is gay though.

Originally posted by S_D_J
I loved the episode the pacing was great

and there's also the fact that this episode was written by Kirkman, as in Robert Kirkman, the creator and writer of the comic this show is based on smile

The damage has been done. The actors suck. The writers were fired. Kirkman will do his best and hopefully the show will improve.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2011 03:37 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Ricky Martin is gay though.

The damage has been done. The actors suck. The writers were fired. Kirkman will do his best and hopefully the show will improve.

the writers weren't fired, they quit. The only one "fired" was Darabont, and we still have to see what impact that has on the show (the first batch of Season 2 episodes were produced by him)

And Kirkman was the one who wrote the episode you were so bored with, and the one who's also responsible for the characterization of any main player in the story (he and Darabont were essentially the show-runners up until Darabont's departure)
Kirkman's been heavily involved since season 1

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 21st, 2011 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2011 05:07 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

As I wrote. The damage has been done. The actors suck. I read the writers we told to leave but I really don't care.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 02:17 AM
Mindset

lol

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 03:39 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

miffed

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 11:23 AM
john allerdyce
Whore!

Originally posted by Galan007
Any thoughts as to what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick during the finale episode last season? Personally, I think it involves [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lori being pregnant.
either that, or the revelation that "we ARE the walking dead!" ie. jenner told him that everyone is infected with the zombie scourge, but it only activates upon death.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 04:22 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Could very well be. Either one of those would be shocking to someone who has never read the comic series--and both could have been determined by Jenner's blood tests.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 04:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by john allerdyce
either that, or the revelation that "we ARE the walking dead!" ie. jenner told him that everyone is infected with the zombie scourge, but it only activates upon death.

Doesn't make much sense, since we've seen a few times when humans were bitten; then the virus killed and animated them. That implies they were infected by the bite(s).

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 08:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think john is referring to these happenings from a comic book standpoint. In the comics, a zombie's bite doesn't actually spread the virus. You see, every human is technically infected, but that gene is dormant--it is only activated by 'general' death. That being said, bites from zombies don't actually spread the scourge, they just cause massive blood loss, and/or infections, that can ultimately lead to death, subsequently causing that person's 'zombie-gene' to activate.

Truth is, any human who dies (no matter what the cause) will transform into a zombie, unless significant brain damage is associated with their death.

quote:
Robert Kirkman:

"...the rule is: WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die ... you turn into a zombie. UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die ...you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss ... not because of the zombie "virus.""

So if the television series opts to follow that plot-point, then I think it's very plausible that Jenner told Rick something along the lines of: "everyone is infected. No matter how they die, they'll turn into zombies."

...Or the plot diverges from the comics completely, and we find out that only Rick is infected, but he's inextricably immune to the virus. Hence Shane being so adamant about hearing no heartbeat before leaving the hospital, yet somehow Rick mysteriously reanimates.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 24th, 2011 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 09:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It doesn't seem to follow that standpoint from the comic then.

Morgan's(Lennie James) wife was bitten and he said she died from a massive fever "skin felt like it was on fire" and then turned. Implies the zombie-virus was transferred from the bite and is what killed her.

Same thing happened to the old man's friend and the blonde's sister, iirc. A bite seems to be a death-sentence.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 10:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ People dying after being bitten doesn't rule out the comic's rendition of the virus at all.

As was mentioned by Kirkman: a zombie bite kills you because of infection (which is where the fever comes into play) or blood loss. You don't become a zombie because it was 'passed' to you by the bite per se, you become a zombie because you died. Death (by any means) is the trigger. For instance, if Carl ended up dying after being shot by Otis, he would have still 'resurrected' as a zombie.

Not saying that's the premise the TV show will follow, but it is certainly a possibility.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 11:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Fair enough, we'll have to see if anyone dies of non-bite wounds and reanimates.

Does the comic ever explain where the virus comes from?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 11:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

To date, it is still a mystery. A smidgen of light has been shed on it here and there, but that's about it.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 25th, 2011 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 01:10 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The whole theory that she may have whispered "We are the Walking Dead" could've been the more philosophical view on the term.

We are damned. Yet we walk on even though we have no hope.

I don't like the idea of global infection though. Like in the Romero films.
--------
I also enjoyed the second episode, a massive improvement on the prior one. Hershel's daughter Maggie is hot. Lucky Glenn.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 11:44 AM
S_D_J
Bane

well, it's been renewed for a 3rd season. smile

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 01:42 AM