KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos v.s. Bayonetta

Kratos v.s. Bayonetta
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

well you havnt proved anything there, bayonetta kills people..erm
'He grabs them and tears them in half' great, now his opponent is just as - if not more technically skilled, CAN damage him - fights in her own awkward style which is BASED ON? Dodging blows, and the notion she wont be able to dodge a GRAB - to be torn in half, is laughable. She's shown to be adept in a variety of weapons, shown the ability to fight against a variety of weapons including gauntlets that enhance strength and damage output - which for the sake of feats are wielded in her game by opponents much faster than Kratos appears to operate.

she has more variety at her disposal, id sasy she can wear his health down gradually, can you show me someone in Kratos game that is capable of what she is? I mean killing a giant is a nice feat, but this giant wasnt a martial artist who can effectivly teleport, isnt faster, and has glarin holes in his defense for as BRUTE like Kratos to climb and punch holes though..

/showfeats of his fighting abilities, put them abilities against someone with Bayonettas demonstable skill set.

Last edited by Juk3n on Jun 14th, 2010 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 09:47 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Bayonetta has no summons? That means no Madama Butterfly (which is instantly summoned).

I notice you are all ignoring the fact that Bayonetta has Witch Time and Purgatorio phasing.

Witch Time slows down time with the max of 5 minutes (though it's probably longer but I don't remember). That along with her ridiculous strength and magic is enough to put Kratos out of commission.

The Purgatorio phasing (or whatever it's called) makes Bayonetta invisible and untouchable. The only chance Kratos has at hitting her is using the environment against her or maybe the Claws of Hades but he's not gonna hit her especially since she's a bullet-timer and can slow time.

Bayonetta stomps. No need for summons. If Kratos has the power of Hope, this is a stalemate.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 10:20 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juk3n
well you havnt proved anything there, bayonetta kills people..erm
'He grabs them and tears them in half' great, now his opponent is just as - if not more technically skilled, CAN damage him - fights in her own awkward style which is BASED ON? Dodging blows, and the notion she wont be able to dodge a GRAB - to be torn in half, is laughable. She's shown to be adept in a variety of weapons, shown the ability to fight against a variety of weapons including gauntlets that enhance strength and damage output - which for the sake of feats are wielded in her game by opponents much faster than Kratos appears to operate.

she has more variety at her disposal, id sasy she can wear his health down gradually, can you show me someone in Kratos game that is capable of what she is? I mean killing a giant is a nice feat, but this giant wasnt a martial artist who can effectivly teleport, isnt faster, and has glarin holes in his defense for as BRUTE like Kratos to climb and punch holes though..

/showfeats of his fighting abilities, put them abilities against someone with Bayonettas demonstable skill set.
1. To be perfectly blunt you would be hard-pressed to enforce the claim that Bayonetta could damage him much at all... Resisting attacks from collossal opponents like Cronos, and even more impressively, blocking the Blade of Olympus wielded by Zeus with his bare hands. Zeus being a rival for Kratos physically. Awkward style? You are confusing awkward with flashy. Kratos is fast enough to grab Bayonetta, and is strong enough to keep her in his grip, without any chance of her ever getting out. He is much more physically powerful and durable than she is. She is able to fight against them based on being more powerful for the most part, her "skills" are needlessly flashy and useless in a fight in a fight with an opponent who is equal or above her physically and does not use the same flashy bullshit. Also, good point with the gauntlets, makes the striking force difference even greater. smile

2. More variety? Maybe more weapons, and a longer move-list I guess, sure, but that does not make it any more effective. Why are you assuming Kratos only kills giants? He kills Zeus, who is able to fight using lightning, teleport, can fly, is pretty fast normally (At least as fast as Kratos in reflexes and can fly above the clouds in seconds, Kratos in GoW3 reacted to Zeus rushing him in flight), rivals Kratos in most physical aspects, can move at lightning-speed seemingly by turning into pure lightning, can clone himself up to like five times, and wields the Blade of Olympus. Kratos has a brutal style, yeah. Pankration is a brutal style, yet it very much resembles modern-day MMA. Pankration is also Greek. Fun fact. Being brutal does not make it ineffective. Most ancient Greek martial arts were rather brutal, actually most effective MAs are brutal and straightforward as well, the whole flipping flashy shit is a Hollywood fabrication.

3. I could post the entire Zeus fight from GoW3 if you wanted...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 10:44 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Bayonetta has no summons? That means no Madama Butterfly (which is instantly summoned).

I notice you are all ignoring the fact that Bayonetta has Witch Time and Purgatorio phasing.

Witch Time slows down time with the max of 5 minutes (though it's probably longer but I don't remember). That along with her ridiculous strength and magic is enough to put Kratos out of commission.

The Purgatorio phasing (or whatever it's called) makes Bayonetta invisible and untouchable. The only chance Kratos has at hitting her is using the environment against her or maybe the Claws of Hades but he's not gonna hit her especially since she's a bullet-timer and can slow time.

Bayonetta stomps. No need for summons. If Kratos has the power of Hope, this is a stalemate.
Bayonetta cannot even harm Kratos to any signifigant extent. The Blade of Olympus is far more powerful than Bayonetta's entire powerset, except the summon at the end, which is banned. Kratos is physically able to crush Bayonetta as one would crush an ant.

Blade of Olympus was able to defeat an army of Titans and sent their souls to the equivelant of Hell, not even mentioning the fact that Kratos regularly fights intangible enemies.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 10:47 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by NemeBro
Bayonetta cannot even harm Kratos to any signifigant extent. The Blade of Olympus is far more powerful than Bayonetta's entire powerset, except the summon at the end, which is banned. Kratos is physically able to crush Bayonetta as one would crush an ant.

Blade of Olympus was able to defeat an army of Titans and sent their souls to the equivelant of Hell, not even mentioning the fact that Kratos regularly fights intangible enemies.

Kratos possessing the Blade of Olympus doesn't make him victor of this fight. That just gives him a great advantage. The only untouchable foes I remember Kratos fighting were the GoW3 Sirens which can be brought out by the Head of Helios. He has never fought someone as great as Bayonetta who is both invisible and virtually untouchable.

Bayonetta can't hurt Kratos? Her strength is enough to challenge him. Afterall, she is strong enough to slam a giant dragon toon-style, knock away a thrown skyscraper, and play catch with a satellite.

Bayonetta can't hurt him? Kratos durability has been wanked to almost KMC Link levels (but at least there's proof). Kratos was hurt getting thrown to wall before his first with Zeus in GoW3. I think her magic-enhanced pistols would do damage. If we're counting Bazillions as canon, they're strong enough to break the molecular bonds of a target and can open dimensions.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 11:52 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kratos possessing the Blade of Olympus doesn't make him victor of this fight. That just gives him a great advantage. The only untouchable foes I remember Kratos fighting were the GoW3 Sirens which can be brought out by the Head of Helios. He has never fought someone as great as Bayonetta who is both invisible and virtually untouchable.

Bayonetta can't hurt Kratos? Her strength is enough to challenge him. Afterall, she is strong enough to slam a giant dragon toon-style, knock away a thrown skyscraper, and play catch with a satellite.

Bayonetta can't hurt him? Kratos durability has been wanked to almost KMC Link levels (but at least there's proof). Kratos was hurt getting thrown to wall before his first with Zeus in GoW3. I think her magic-enhanced pistols would do damage. If we're counting Bazillions as canon, they're strong enough to break the molecular bonds of a target and can open dimensions.
1. Along with his other advantages. Wraiths dawg. You know, ghosts. As "great?" Zeus is far more powerful than she is, and can also turn intangible via a lightning form.

2. Impressive admittedly. Compared to stopping Cronos or Atlas from crushing him? Definately not.

3. He caught the Blade of Olympus in his palms dude. Also, he was sent flying by Zeus, was he not? Who is physically comparable to Kratos.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:18 AM
Sin_Volvagia

1. Along with his other advantages. Wraiths dawg. You know, ghosts. As "great?" Zeus is far more powerful than she is, and can also turn intangible via a lightning form.

Wraiths go underground and can be pulled out with all of Kratos's weapons. Not something I call intangible.

quote:

2. Impressive admittedly. Compared to stopping Cronos or Atlas from crushing him? Definately not.

Still enough to land a hurt on him.

quote:

3. He caught the Blade of Olympus in his palms dude. Also, he was sent flying by Zeus, was he not? Who is physically comparable to Kratos.

Zeus was also hurt in that scene.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:25 AM
CosmicComet

Timestopping makes this a B for Kratos. Other than that its an interesting fight with just comparing physical capabilities and weapons.

Atropos can go intangible, and fly. Lakhesis can fly too but I can't recall if she too can go intangible as well. Either way he fought those two bitches at the same time.

Charon casually moves at DMC3 Arkham like speeds, Kratos had no problem with keeping his eyes on him in a cutscene.

Zeus can fly, teleport, and create up to 8 different physical clones of himself.

But, other than Bayo's great abilities...the rule of ass is always in play...**** I can't help being a pig at times. lol.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:26 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Wraiths go underground and can be pulled out with all of Kratos's weapons. Not something I call intangible.

Still enough to land a hurt on him.

Zeus was also hurt in that scene.
1. They are ghosts, and that obviously means that, you know, blessed weapons can harm Wraiths, Kratos can as well. Actually, didn't Kratos kill souls in Chains of Olympus?

2. Not really though, that is the thing.

3. Not really... And Zeus is still roughly the same strength as Kratos, and was wielding the same sword that ended the Titan War in one attack, only in a stronger incarnation.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:31 AM
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Timestopping makes this a B for Kratos. Other than that its an interesting fight with just comparing physical capabilities and weapons.

Atropos can go intangible, and fly. Lakhesis can fly too but I can't recall if she too can go intangible as well. Either way he fought those two bitches at the same time.

Charon casually moves at DMC3 Arkham like speeds, Kratos had no problem with keeping his eyes on him in a cutscene.

Zeus can fly, teleport, and create up to 8 different physical clones of himself.

But, other than Bayo's great abilities...the rule of ass is always in play...**** I can't help being a pig at times. lol.

Atropos and Lahkesis can be physically touched. Bayonetta can't unless she's out of Purgatorio, hit by somebody or someone that can cross dimensions, or hit with something in the environment (trees, telephone poles, lamp posts, etc.) Of course, I'm sure she would get hit by reality manipulators and omnipotent characters.

Kratos fought has never fought anybody that was both untouchable and invisible at once.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:32 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dude.

Bayonetta is an ugly ho. no expression

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:32 AM
NemeBro

Atropos and Lahkesis can be physically touched. Bayonetta can't unless she's out of Purgatorio, hit by somebody or someone that can cross dimensions, or hit with something in the environment (trees, telephone poles, lamp posts, etc.) Of course, I'm sure she would get hit by reality manipulators and omnipotent characters.

Kratos fought has never fought anybody that was both untouchable and invisible at once.
By Kratos who obviously can harm intangibles. smile

Invisibility is ghey though.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:33 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Helios head>Invisibles.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:34 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

True.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:38 AM
Sin_Volvagia

1. They are ghosts, and that obviously means that, you know, blessed weapons can harm Wraiths, Kratos can as well. Actually, didn't Kratos kill souls in Chains of Olympus?

Kratos also fought ghosts when he fought the undead Barbarian King and they were killed physically. But I guess you can argue that the blades could do that since they were made by an Olympian god.

Kratos getting his powers back by killing ghosts really made no sense but whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:

2. Not really though, that is the thing.

I'm sure Perseus was some kind of threat to Kratos.

quote:

3. Not really... And Zeus is still roughly the same strength as Kratos, and was wielding the same sword that ended the Titan War in one attack, only in a stronger incarnation.

Well in Zeus's case it is not really since he has Dante-like regeneration (why didn't his guts spill out when he got pierced in GoW2?)

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:38 AM
CosmicComet

Dude.

Bayonetta is an ugly ho. no expression

Rule of ass not rule of face.

But she'd be better if her neck wasn't so giraffe like and her head equally of giraffe like proportions in it smallness.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:39 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

quote:
Well in Zeus's case it is not really since he has Dante-like regeneration (why didn't his guts spill out when he got pierced in GoW2?)

Dante wishes he had Zeus' regen.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:41 AM
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Helios head>Invisibles.

And interaction with Bayonetta?

Her intangibility is way better than ghosts who can be killed in physical means (but she can't walk through walls).

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:43 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Why is it that Bayonetta can be hit by a light pole and not by a sword again?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:44 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kratos also fought ghosts when he fought the undead Barbarian King and they were killed physically. But I guess you can argue that the blades could do that since they were made by an Olympian god.

Kratos getting his powers back by killing ghosts really made no sense but whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm sure Perseus was some kind of threat to Kratos.

1. I was under the impression he was a zombie.

Still works.

2. I do not know much of Perseus.

3. Which only means he was not very weakened at all. And yeah, Zeus tends to take alot of punishment that heals pretty quickly.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:45 AM