KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

There we go! And so Tilulla comes at Xeth with swords raised in a vicious assault! She has a pool of 12, but it is reduced to 9 by Xeth's Defense. She rolls only two successes... but Assault's tap allows her to re-roll the 7 dice that didn't show a 5 or 6. She gets an extra four successes this way, for a total of six! Added to her swords' base damage, she gets Xeth for nine damage. Feel free to describe how that went, Digi!

Xeth goes for a standard attack here. Because Tilulla used Assault, he gets his pool raised to 12 dice. However, when he goes to make his hit, Tilulla blurs to one side with Evade! His pool is halved to 6 dice, and in those dice, he gains... no successes. However, he gets +3 dice from the stipulations of Feint, and gets a success there. With Power Attack, Xeth's polearm gets +2 damage, for a base of 5, for 6 damage to Tilulla! Which is then reduced to 5 damage by her Armor rating.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 2

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3(in CC)/9 [DU PA FT] [DW WS AS] (6F)
Vibro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 3(1A)/5 [TW AS DW] [WS FB FT] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Good first turn, guys! Keep it going.

Remember- if you want to use a Force power or tap something, PM me.

This is also the time, at the start of your move, to swap out your schticks and replace them with new ones. Only one swap per turn.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 22nd, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 12:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Quick question, how many Force points did my use last turn take up, and how many do I have left?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 01:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It's listed at the end of your list of powers and everything in parentheses; yours says (4F) so you have four points left. Unless otherwise specified, using a Force power uses one point.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 01:15 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok thanks.

----

Ti sprints toward Xeth, her twin blades converging like the jaws of a wolf. Xeth manages to raise his pike to parry them, but Ti pivots her right foot to allow the forward momentum to whirl her around in a low kick. This connects with Xeth's knees, staggering him but not bringing him to the ground. The maneuver does allow her to take advantage of Xeth's imbalance and score a hit to his midsection, doing considerable damage. Underestimating his skill with the pike, Ti overextends her attack and comes within range of the pike, taking a counter-blow. Still, she has the better of the opening exchange.

---

Switching out Assault for Focused Blow. Twin Weapons will be active, therefore no other Schticks will this turn.

Xeth, most fights will not allow for such crazy use of Force powers. I've used one so far and you've used zero. To make this more "authentic" I propose we stop using Force powers at this point, except you get to use one to match the one I've already used. Sound fair? If not, I could amend the proposal to 2 force points a piece?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 04:17 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Fair enough! One apiece it is.

Xeth backsteps to give himself some room after his counter and Tilulla's vicious opening strike. The tear to his robes across his front is a good one, and Xeth is already impressed.

"Let's see if you can keep that up," Xeth says, smiling. He comes at Tilulla with a jab, intending to feint and sweep her off her feet.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 05:24 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Initiative roll is made... Ti gets a 3, Xeth a 2. Tilulla goes first again.

As Xeth backsteps, Ti gives him no quarter. 10 dice is dropped to 7 by Xeth's Defense, and she rolls a success for 4 damage. However, she taps Twin Weapons and smacks him with her second sword for another 4 damage! 8 all told.

Xeth decides to use his Force point to get some breathing room! Just before he makes his jab, Xeth snaps a hand forward and uses Combat Push, rolling 2 successes on 5 dice (his Force Attack rating minus Ti's Defense and Force Defense). This gives him a +2 dice bonus to his follow-up melee attack as Ti is knocked sharply backwards a few steps.

On Xeth's melee attack, he gets 9 dice. The first die he rolls is a 1, so he gets another +3 thanks to Feint, which he then taps! This means 4s count as successes for his attack. Six successes there, meaning a total of 11 damage to Ti!

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 3

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3/17 [DU PA FT] [DW WS AS] (5F)
Vibro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 2(1A)/16 [TW FB DW] [WS FT AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Xeth came out on top that round, but Ti is still winning.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 05:36 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth swaps Feint out for Dodge and Weave, then presses in his attack on Ti after he knocks her back with the Force and gives her a jolt with his electro-pike (not vibro, sorry Rex) to the leg.

"For a moment I was worried that wouldn't work!" Xeth quips before he tries to jab Tilulla in the chest with his staff.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 07:39 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Swapping Twin Weapons for Feint, so I have Feint, Focused Blow, and Dodge & Weave up.

-

"Don't worry, you'll have plenty of other opportunities for your attacks to fail," I say, smiling. One of the vibro-swords appears loose from the exchange. I toss it aside and renew the attack with one.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 05:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Tilulla gets Initiative again!

She finds that the bug has tapped Dodge & Weave to up his Defense to 6 and Armor to 5, leaving her with two dice. She scores a success for... one point of damage, the minimum it can be reduced to.

Xeth then performs a simple strike back, getting three successes for 7 damage.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 4

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3/18 [DU PA DW] [WS AS FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C8): 2(1A)/23 [FT FB DW] [WS TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 06:51 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

blah.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 07:31 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok, question time while I think: if I tap a schtick at this point, the others are still active, right? And they can stack at this point too, yes? Like the extra dice that feint can proc, could contribute to a stun from focused blow. Obviously this works both ways, I'm just making sure I understand it correctly.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 07:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, you've got it right. All active schticks stack, even the tap effect when used.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 10:28 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth twirls his electro-staff idly after having backed off some as Tilulla considers her options. He has a sly grin on his face.

"Come on, I know you can do better than that," Xeth says.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 10:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ti emits a low growl and moves in methodically.

-

Before I finalize my schticks and whatnot, we're playing to 40 damage?

Last edited by Digi on Jun 23rd, 2010 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 12:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If you like. I was going to play to 50. Both of you, having a Strength of 4, have a damage capacity of 60.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 10:53 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

No, I wasn't suggesting 40, just clarifying. Whatever you feel is appropriate. I'm just trying to gauge how long I need to make my schticks last.

And we can retroactively tap some schticks after a turn, yes?

--

I tapped nothing last turn, so I am keeping the same 3 abilities.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 04:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

All taps must be declared before a turn. There are some Force powers that can be declared retroactively, though.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 09:10 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oops, realized this wasn't actually updated. Everyone good with their moves?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 11:11 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yup

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 06:13 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin sees the man at the table and steps into the room.

"Hello," she says. "I am Jedi Master Vera-Kin. Who do I have the honor of addressing?"

She is going to Scan this man at the table.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 08:53 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote