KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"Certainly not the Jedi stereotype, anyway," Vera-Kin comments. "I'm certain you were more than a match for Xeth."

Vera-Kin will climb up on Barker's back as he walks inside the ship.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 07:36 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

With your short meet-and-greet done, you can be on your way! Gralus Turandi just has a few last words for Xeth and crew before they head off.

"Do not under any circumstances let your ship get taken," Gralus says, "and don't let Tarnik use the one he captured. If he gets off-world with those droids, things will get ugly. The surrounding worlds have done their best to keep profiteers from getting weapons and space-worthy ships to the warlords of Respite. If things get out of hand, there is a contingency in place to handle it. All the planets in the area will send ships to bomb Respite back into the primitive age. Respite doesn't offer the Galaxy much but it would be nothing short of a tragedy if everyone living there was summarily killed because one man was too big for his own boots."

-

You are underway. Respite is solidly in the Outer Rim but away from Hutt Space. With G8 and R3 both hooked in, navigating there couldn't be easier.

Barker spends the flight cleaning his flechette launcher. This is more or less a hefty shotgun that Barker gets a dice bonus with for using at melee range.

Navir, however, keeps trying to hit on Tilulla.

"I see you're strapping," he says, commenting on your pistol. "What model is it?"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 06:36 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Additionally, some errors on my part as far as names from my notes.

The warlord with the battle droids is actually Tarne- your villain for the game.

The cultist warlord is Malteen, as I stated. I got that one right at least.

The biker warlord is known as Wazo Kell. I forgot his last name.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 18th, 2010 at 08:16 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 08:12 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Good job buddy...

Xeth is down for drinks aboard the Nexu's Grin on the way to Respite. He'll have mixed himself something classy but not too strong. Can't have Xeth being all drunk when trying to bring peace to a planet.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 08:18 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hm. "Peace." Yeah. I have a strong drink, and chat in a pleasant but guarded manner with Horus.

-

Rexx, since I'm clearly a walking red slice of awesome, I'm going to need a physical description for Navir to better determine my course of action. Apologies if it happened earlier and I missed it.

And while I'm at it, Vera, mind giving me the cliffs notes on your character, like we're getting to know each other on the ship? I know a little about you but probably not as much as I should.

-

Midway through the flight, I check in with Gator who punches into the communications systems for the ship. Rexx, do I have any voicemail?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:01 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Horus Navir is dark-skinned and decently built, with dark hair cut close to his scalp. He has a cut along his left cheek and a blaster burn across the right side of his neck from his recent escape from Respite. He's not unattractive. And he is, of course, human.

Your contact has sent back a curt message saying he'll look into it.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:16 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Curt? Nobody likes me. sad Well, except for Horus.

"This thing?" I say, gesturing with my light blaster. "It's a D-17. A friend of mine painted the cute guy on the side," referring to the small but elaborate decal painted onto the side in bright tones. "There was supposed to be more of a scene going on, but she didn't get to finish it." I grimace slightly at the memory it dredges up, but only briefly.

"So what can you tell me about Respite that isn't in the official briefing?" I ask after his response to the blaster convo (if there is one).

-

The following is for my own inventory purposes:

Two vibro-blades, a light blaster, a bowcaster, and a rocket launcher, 3 gasmasks, large tub of water, grenades and flashbangs, synthrope and grappling hooks, body armor

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 03:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Your contact is a busy man; you've never known him to be easy going.

"I like a woman who knows her toys," Navir says, oblivious to your grimace. He pats the assault rifle he is cleaning. "Safe to say I've got a few of my own.

"Respite is a dirty mess. Everything all burnt and grimey from over a century of fighting."

-

As a note- body armor has some side effects. It provides you with an Armor rating, but it reduces your Agility and (for Jedi) Lightsaber pools for every point of armor you wear.

To be fair on Navir and Barker, you have five gas masks. The water will last you easily a month. There are ten grenades and ten flashbangs total.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 19th, 2010 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 04:29 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin is the same species as Master Yoda, though far younger. She has her crotchedy old Jedi Master moments but largely her main schtick is that she is filled with wanderlust and always on the go when she is not performing a mission or duty to society. In her youth she was likely like Tilulla, I've decided- unruly, talented with the lightsaber, maybe a bit of combat and blaster action. She spent a long time bringing up her Force power once she began her Renegade wandering.

She has also trained three students- Trogari Besh, Numok Geth, and Nume Rand. The first two are Mentor merits for two of our players- Geth himself is Xeth's Master. Rand fell to the Dark Side and is played by Zink for the Dark Sider game.

She's starting to bring back her combat abilities, starting with her blaster. She carries a small gun that looks like a toy.

-

She comments on that now with Navir.

"I carry this," Vera-Kin says cheekily, drawing the blaster only to show it off. It is tiny enough to fit in her hand and looks a 1950's toy gun. "Like me, do you?"

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 04:45 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I laugh hysterically at the barb from Vera. "It's ok Master. I like you just fine. Fun-sized, yes?" Knowing that this will likely produce another eyeroll from Vera-Kin, I then smile warmly. "But don't worry, consider yourself lucky," as my glance quickly shifts toward Horus (so that he doesn't notice) and I give her an ironic look.

I pour another drink. "I like this mission."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 10:05 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"Hmph," Vera-Kin grunts. "I am hardly one to say that a Jedi should not thirst for adventure. Navir, what were Tarne's forces like? Besides the droids he now has."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 08:52 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"We'll need to get to know how the other warlords operate too," Xeth says. "What does everyone think about getting their help?"

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 09:12 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

"What do I think? That I should have thought of that myself. They're warlords, so, ya know, not to be trusted. But 'enemy of my enemy...' or some junk, right? I say we try it." I sip my drink.

I elbow Xeth lightly, "Good idea, I'm impressed."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 01:49 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Tarne's guys are a bunch of ragtag fighters that don't have enough zeal to be Malteen's zealots, or lack the technical know-how to join up with Wazo. Some've got blasters, others don't. I don't know much about Malteen's or Wazo's guys other than what you were told. Malteen's all about melee. Wazo's got tech."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 09:10 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"What kind of technology does Wazo have?" Vera-Kin asks. After the mercenary answers, she addresses the issue of working with the warlords. "Malteen and Wazo both sound problematic as allies. I suggest we examine just how much opposition we would get if we tried taking an intrusive approach to Tarne. Not an assassination, but if he lost control of the droid army, he'd lose his threat level against the other warlords."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 11:01 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

"Take out the head, eh? Also not a bad idea. But do we know where we might be able to find Tarne specifically on the planet?" I look back at Xeth. "I still like the idea of talking to the other warlords. Even if we're not technically working with them, a mutual understanding that Tarne is the enemy among us might make life easier for us. I'd rather not fight on multiple fronts."

Last edited by Digi on Jul 22nd, 2010 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 04:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Navir can give you the location of Tarne's base, though he says it is heavily guarded. He has no idea where the other warlords are.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 09:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

"Well I say we see where we stand with the other warlords. A direct assault seems to me like the potentially best approach, and maybe we can use one of the other guys' resources to create a diversion."

My brow furrows, then my face cheers up. "Or I can use my natural sexiness to distract them and get inside!" I frown after a moment. "Though I suppose exotic women looking for a good time are pretty rare on Respite. I doubt I'd make it far before getting cut down."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 01:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Navir frowns too.

"I don't recall seeing any women on Respite," he says.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 01:54 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin frowns at this.

"No women at all?" Vera-Kin says.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 08:39 PM