KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Dr Strange

Dr Strange
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Morgan Freeman Among Those Eyed For 'The Ancient One' Role In DOCTOR STRANGE

"Three names have emerged as being in the running for the role of The Ancient One in Doctor Strange, and they're all very different as you can tell from The Dark Knight actor mentioned in the headline! Hit the jump to find out who might join Benedict Cumberbatch..."

(please log in to view the image)

"Now that Marvel finally have their Doctor Strange, they're begining to cast other key roles in the Scott Derrickson helmed movie. There's been talk of it not being an origin story, but it appears as if that may have been incorrect due to the fact that the studio are now zeroing on actors for The Ancient One (a character who played a major role in Stephen Strange's early years). According to Latino-Review, Morgan Freeman (The Shawshank Redemption), Bill Nighy (Shaun of the Dead), and Ken Watanabe (Godzilla) have all been approached to play the man who helps turn the scarred surgeon into the Sorcerer Supreme. Who do you think is the right choice to play The Ancient One? "

IMO- It shoulod be Ken Watanabe

Freeman and Watanabe will work

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:06 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Don't know why they're thinking of Freeman for the role, When he's suppose to be Asian.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 07:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Kazenji
Don't know why they're thinking of Freeman for the role, When he's suppose to be Asian.

they should save freeman for the voice of eternity or living tribunal

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 07:46 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Inhuman
they should save freeman for the voice of eternity or living tribunal

NO, Freeman will voice everyone smile big grin

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 07:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

The Ancient One in the MCU is a shaman living in the mountains of Wakanda.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 05:45 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The Ancient One in the MCU is a shaman living in the mountains of Wakanda.

quote:
The character who would eventually become the Ancient One was born in Kamar-Taj, Tibet, more than 500 years in the past.In his youth

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 05:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Id say Bill Nighy as my choice.

Freeman is grossly overrated and Watanabe was the star of my most dissapointing movie this year.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:09 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Rumor is that Chiwetel Ejiofor is being eyed for Dr. Strange. But who would he play?

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 03:31 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Rumor is that Chiwetel Ejiofor is being eyed for Dr. Strange. But who would he play?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 04:16 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Who would that be?.........sorry if i don't have a vast knowledge on Dr Strange.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 05:33 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im thinking Baron Mordo

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 06:03 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Who would that be?.........sorry if i don't have a vast knowledge on Dr Strange.

Rintrah, Strange's one time apprentice.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Rintrah_%28Earth-616%29

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 01:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Who would be your pick for the character Wong folks?

i'd go with C.S. Lee.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 07:41 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I like the Idea of Ken Watanabe.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 7th, 2015 02:23 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

Because all Asians are alike, right? stick out tongue

Wong is Chinese.

J.J. Abrams got away with a Korean American (John Cho) playing a young Hikaru Sulu in Star Trek only because George Takei gave his blessing.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 12:04 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Because all Asians are alike, right? stick out tongue

Wong is Chinese.

J.J. Abrams got away with a Korean American (John Cho) playing a young Hikaru Sulu in Star Trek only because George Takei gave his blessing.

A Brit is playing Superman and a Scottish person is playing young Xavier. Actors job is to act as the character, not to be similar to the character so they don't have to act too much.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 12:16 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Caucasians from another country playing Caucasians from a different country is different than casting different Asians; it's more about the accent. There are more distinct features of the Asiatic face than trying to tell a Brit, Irishman or Scot apart from a German or French person, etc. You'd have to go as far as a Blond Scandinavian playing a Sicilian to say "No, that's not right."

Old Post May 8th, 2015 02:36 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

A good actor can play any accent/ethnicity that their looks don't betray

Old Post May 8th, 2015 02:42 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

he would be perfect for the role

Old Post May 8th, 2015 02:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yawn...that's like the obvious choice.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:02 AM