KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Dr Strange

Dr Strange
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Would prefer Origin because Marvel's origin films are generally pretty damn good.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 06:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm sick of origins. So I'm game.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 06:33 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Didn't Kevin Feige say it was an origin story? I'll stick to Kevin Feige on this one. Besides, how are they going to introduce a character without an origin whom no one outside of avid comic readers knows about?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:10 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
The movie won't be a origin story

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=106149

i saw that and read it, however that guy is talking about a script from 5 years ago.. Obvisouly the script has been re written and it really makes no sense for the film NOT to be an origin film. Most likely that guy is trying to say he is scoop but in reality he has nothing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Femi32
Didn't Kevin Feige say it was an origin story? I'll stick to Kevin Feige on this one. Besides, how are they going to introduce a character without an origin whom no one outside of avid comic readers knows about?

You don't need an origin story to introduce a character.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:23 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834

I think you should always have one. More so when it's a major superhero. Exception is with people like Thor who have always been with powers. Or since they were very young. And even then a good satisfactory explanation should be given for why they have powers and why they are on their mission, like in Blade.

Besides Origins are amongst the best stories for most superheroes.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I strongly disagree. And the "satisfactory explanation" is that he is a wizard Harry. Quite simple really.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 11:46 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Cap 2 kinda made it impossible for it to be an origin story unless it takes place before that movie which would be very dumb imho. Give him a couple flashbacks and we are good to go vs Nightmare or whoever the big bad is.

Do you guys see Strange 2 to be the movie to reintro GR?

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 04:58 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ditto

Guardians of the Galaxy showed that.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 07:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cap 2 kinda made it impossible for it to be an origin story unless it takes place before that movie which would be very dumb imho. Give him a couple flashbacks and we are good to go vs Nightmare or whoever the big bad is.

Do you guys see Strange 2 to be the movie to reintro GR?

In Cap 2, the HYDRA agent names Dr Strange as someone who could potentially be a problem in the future. I don't see how you can rule out an origin story.

Also, I love origin stories. But either way, I'm in.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 07:32 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I strongly disagree. And the "satisfactory explanation" is that he is a wizard Harry. Quite simple really.

Agree to disagree. I think either an Origin story or some major flashbacks/story telling scenes explaining his Origin.

Ditto

Guardians of the Galaxy showed that.

Hey? GOTG was an origin story. It showed how the team got together and how Starlord ended up in a Galaxy far away.

It's convinced me more than ever that Marvel tell Awesome Origin stories. They do awesome sequels as well, but I think so far their origin movies have been their best movies personally.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 10:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Hey? GOTG was an origin story. It showed how the team got together and how Starlord ended up in a Galaxy far away.

Except it didn't take half n hour explaining it all

as for Starlord maybe 15 mins or less possibly and as for the other members briefly during that nova corps lineup.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 10:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

But it was an origin story for the team.

as for Starlord maybe 15 mins or less possibly and as for the other members briefly during that nova corps lineup.

The Starlord arch was an important one in the story though.

And I'm not saying you need to explain every single individual character's origin in a team up like GOTG or X-Men. You kind of get away with the generic "they're all aliens" or "they're all mutants" explanation. Even still GOTG did give a brief intro and background to each character.

But what wouldn't work IMHO is if you just spent 30 seconds explaining who Starlord is and how the GOTG came together.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 11:06 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
But it was an origin story for the team.

quote:

-------------------

Ethan Hawk interested in the role even tho he hasn't been approached

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=108538

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 05:09 AM
Darth Thor

^ It took a good portion of the movie bringing them together. They weren't exactly a team half an hour into the movie.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 01:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Move on already.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 01:49 PM
Darth Thor

Move on already.

Lol I had. You quoted it again today!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 04:43 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Lol, irony.

The more i think about this the more I hope Dr. Strange doesn't join the Avengers. I'd love an older under-appreciated actor to play Strange so we can have a cameo almost Zordon like leader for the Netflix Defenders. I also really hope they replace the Jessica jones series with White Tiger.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 06:22 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dr. Strange will join the Avengers. There's no doubt about that.

I don't think TV would do Dr. Strange justice anyways, he needs movie effects.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 06:27 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lol, irony.

The more i think about this the more I hope Dr. Strange doesn't join the Avengers. I'd love an older under-appreciated actor to play Strange so we can have a cameo almost Zordon like leader for the Netflix Defenders. I also really hope they replace the Jessica jones series with White Tiger.

Dr. Strange will join the Avengers in part 3 no doubt..

Also Ethan Hawke rumor is fake and false and Marvel is looking for a brand new actor for the role..

http://deadline.com/2014/10/joaquin...-marvel-844910/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 08:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote