KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman IV sucked because money went to another bad movie?

Superman IV sucked because money went to another bad movie?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Superman IV sucked because money went to another bad movie?

Its kind of widely known that the movie was released unfinished.

Thats why the fx look like ass.

Most of you know that the Golan Globus people who made it were originally given like $35 or 40 million to make it and instead made it for like $17 million and use that on othe rmovies.

Well I was looking some trivia today on IMDB and I guess the "other" movie they used that money on was Masters of the Universe

Funny, both movies that had potential turned out to be lame missed opportunities.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 01:20 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Masters of the universe....what a loada ass that movie was I dunno which of the 2 was worse....MOTU probably...for me anyways

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:22 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

Superman IV also suffered from a bad plot as well.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 02:11 PM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Even if it had better graphics and stuff it still woulda sucked

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 11:27 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha-7
No.1

Superman IV suffered from the moment the idea was considered. They didn't have the money to make a decent picture and the storyline was not worthy in my opinion.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 03:54 PM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I concur. It was supershit.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 05:54 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Masters of the universe....what a loada ass that movie was I dunno which of the 2 was worse....MOTU probably...for me anyways

MATU was as big as a let down for an 8 year old as you can get.
I watched the movie recently with commentary and all the director talks about is budget this and budget that.

I don't mind when franchises go from comic to movie or cartoon to movie or book to movie. Creative liberties are expected, but as long as the spirit is there, its really all good.

As many creative liberties as they took ( and it was surprisingly a lot), I didn't mind some. He-man and company looking different than there cartoon counter parts wasn't that big of a deal. The worse, and most obvious one was having 90% of the whole movie set on earth. Lame, cliche, and just a cop out.

Lucas made Star Wars for less than what they made this thing for. So no excuses.

Only two sets were contructed set on eternia. The Throne room and gwildors house. Castle greyskulls exterior wasn't even a model, it was just a matte painting.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 11:33 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 03:28 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Even with better looking effects it would still be a shitty movie.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...itic/12918-sup4

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 04:54 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
MATU was as big as a let down for an 8 year old as you can get.
I watched the movie recently with commentary and all the director talks about is budget this and budget that.

I don't mind when franchises go from comic to movie or cartoon to movie or book to movie. Creative liberties are expected, but as long as the spirit is there, its really all good.

As many creative liberties as they took ( and it was surprisingly a lot), I didn't mind some. He-man and company looking different than there cartoon counter parts wasn't that big of a deal. The worse, and most obvious one was having 90% of the whole movie set on earth. Lame, cliche, and just a cop out.

Lucas made Star Wars for less than what they made this thing for. So no excuses.

Only two sets were contructed set on eternia. The Throne room and gwildors house. Castle greyskulls exterior wasn't even a model, it was just a matte painting.

you do realise that there was a giant reason for that? namely, them not having all the rights and the director making an homage to jack kirby's work?

i love the movie, personally...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 05:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Even with better looking effects it would still be a shitty movie.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...itic/12918-sup4

oh wow. that reviewer has the most annoying, grating voice on the face of the earth

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 06:36 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Badabing
(please log in to view the image)

the sentry?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 12:02 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Warlord
the sentry?
laughing out loud

I used to post that pic in Sentry threads. It's Nuclear Man from Superman IV.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 04:07 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Badabing
laughing out loud

I used to post that pic in Sentry threads. It's Nuclear Man from Superman IV.

hmmm...seems like the "million-exploding sun man" to me wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 11:35 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
oh wow. that reviewer has the most annoying, grating voice on the face of the earth

Which one?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 09:49 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Superman IV sucked because money went to another bad movie?

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Its kind of widely known that the movie was released unfinished.

Thats why the fx look like ass.

Most of you know that the Golan Globus people who made it were originally given like $35 or 40 million to make it and instead made it for like $17 million and use that on othe rmovies.

Well I was looking some trivia today on IMDB and I guess the "other" movie they used that money on was Masters of the Universe

Funny, both movies that had potential turned out to be lame missed opportunities.

Golan-Globus...blah. Shlock producers of the 1980's with barely a credible film in their filmography (Runaway Train is one.)

Only thing worse then Jewish film producers are Israeli film producers, creating copper wire everywhere the way they stretch those pennies. big grin

(Waits for the Zionists to stampede my house...)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 08:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tmiller2

I'm still dreading to see Superman IV.

I've seen a clip of when he was fighting nuclear man and still can't get the image out of mind head. It was absolutely horrible!!

I hope they no longer print copies of the movie.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:40 AM
tmiller2 is currently offline Click here to Send tmiller2 a Private Message Find more posts by tmiller2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Every time I see some clips I turn the channel. That, and Batman & Robin, are just something I can't stomach.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 03:39 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by ChocolateCake
Superman IV also suffered from a bad plot as well.

so very true.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 09:21 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Power

Sadly everyone but Reeve knew that this film was a mistake and a lot of them only agreed to do it for him. The story was very week and the effects were just laughable. It saddens me when I think that this was the last time Reeve played the role.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 12:01 AM
The Power is currently offline Click here to Send The Power a Private Message Find more posts by The Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote