KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anyone read Remnant yet??

Anyone read Remnant yet??
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin Clone

Since when does a publisher tell a writer what is to happen in a book they're writing. I could see it if you said George Lucas was the one who told Denning to kill Anakin, but not Del Rey, who only publishes the books.
The only logical explanation for Del Rey wanting to kill off Anakin is as a way to begin to kill of the Star Wars Universe, one(or more) major character(s) at a time. But I've still never heard of a publisher telling an author what to put into his book.
If you can show me proof of your claim I'll be glad to take a look, but til then, sorry, I don't buy your explanation. And I STILL will not buy Star Wars books again until they bring Anakin back.
Call it a temper tantrum that won't hurt anyone but myself if you wish, but Anakin was the natural choice for successor to Luke Skywalker. He definitely had more on the ball than Jacen, not to mention the budding romance between him and Tahiri.
Besides that, I liked Anakin because he's so much like me in so many ways.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Anakin Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Del Rey came up with the story arc even before Vector Prime came out. If you have a beef with anyone, have a go at Shelly Shapiro from Del Rey an Sue Rostini of Lucas Licensing. George Lucas OK'd the killing off of everyones favourite wookie, but Del Rey were behind the death of Anakin Solo. Apparently they didnt want people to get confused with his grandfather - Anakin Skywalker(strange, but funnily enough true). You can beleive me or not. If you read up on the subject you'll find that its true. Besides, i really have to disagree - Anakin was a boring character, as most of the NJO jedi's are(like i stated before). I like Luke of course, also i like Kyp Durron and since Traitor ive found a liking for Jacen Solo. I have to admit i prefer the dark side of Star Wars because theres more character there. I would like to see authors bring in more new major non jedi characters. Maybe a group of bounty hunters? they seem to have been non exsistent in the NJO books.

PS. My last post wasnt really a spoiler was it??

Last edited by Volundro Ramm on Feb 15th, 2003 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2003 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well I agree with Volundro on the point that Del Rey came up with the story arc.

Cause if all the writers started to write their books at or around the same time without even knowing the overall story then it would just be one huge cluster of ideas that happen in the series that wouldn't match up at all.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2003 08:33 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

BTW I got Remnant the other day, I haven't started it yet cause I'm in the middle of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2003 11:15 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'm almost done with remnant...but I didn't read any of it this weekend...because I finally got to listen to Destiny's way on audio ....CD anyway...it was nice

Old Post Feb 17th, 2003 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'm done now.....onto LOTR TTT.....but I liked remnant a lot better than I'm liking TTT.....I dunno why,...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I finish Remnant tonight, and I finished TTT already.

Next book I read is Star Wars: The New Rebellion

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 08:03 PM
Julie
The Student

Oh that was ok......not the best star wars book, but it was decent....

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 01:41 AM
LanceWindu

So far I've read 10 chapters in it and I found out that it is pretty graphic.

Especially the part about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that six legged senator's body parts blown to bits.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 10:08 PM
Master Nate

sad I actually havent been able to pic it up yet down here sad i might order it off Amazon..

Three rings for the Elven-Kings under the Sky,Seven for the Dwarf-Lords in their Halls of Stone,Nine for Mortal Men doomed to Die,One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,in the land of Mordor where the shadow lies, One Ring to Rule Them All, One Ring to Find them.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2003 12:21 PM
Click here to Send Master Nate a Private Message Find more posts by Master Nate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

good.....wait until the next one comes then maybe you can buy both and get free shipping or something....Amazon does stuff like that alot

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 03:58 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes, I read it. Great book.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:36 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

How does it rate among the NJO books in your opinion?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:42 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Having read the series up to and including Balance Point, there are several I missed. However, Remnant was at least on the same level of enjoyment and suspense as Balance Point, and Edge of Victory(which I read sometime afterwards). The series seems to be reaching its climax, and is getting more intriguing as I read more of the books.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 06:31 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

When they all get out...you need to go back and read them all in order!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 12:31 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes, Ma'am.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 01:53 AM
Julie
The Student

good.....you do have them all, right....or at least have access to them all...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 06:36 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes, of course. There are about fifty different bookstores where I live! Actually I'm only kidding!- but there are about four or five I can get them from.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 10:14 PM
Julie
The Student

cool......make sure to save the money too:-)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 10:42 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes, I got Enemy Lines II tonight from a local bookstore I trust. It was the only one I had not read out of what was available. I guess I'll start that tonight.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 01:03 AM