KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Band of Benders(Sign-up & Chat)

Band of Benders(Sign-up & Chat)
Started by: lilk82394

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous

Also, Free Man, saying that all the player characters around you look scared or are scared is borderline god-modding. I just wanted to catch it now, so you know not to do anything more severe. A friendly warning.
I didn't specify who, just "the people." I was vague in order to attempt to avoid god-modding. I understand that making other people do stuff would be retarded, obviously, I just wanted to establish my character's presence and how it impacts "people" really.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 05:40 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Phantom Miria
You realize that if you are 32 now, according to the introduction post, you are born 8 years after Aang died?
derp derp derp derp, witha da math, ima not so great.

I'm now 55 years old, OK?

Edit: my guy just went on a quest because I will be AFK for a week. Im going to L.A. cya later.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by Moriarty on Jul 16th, 2010 at 05:49 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 05:42 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Do not derp me. All I am doing is upholding the setting placed by the creator of the roleplay.

Mind if I ask what your sub-form of Firebending is?

Last edited by Super Marie 64 on Jul 16th, 2010 at 08:53 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 08:51 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Free Man
derp derp derp derp, witha da math, ima not so great.

I'm now 55 years old, OK?

Edit: my guy just went on a quest because I will be AFK for a week. Im going to L.A. cya later.
Your character is just going to leave? Were about to go on a mission. You could ask someone to control him till you come back but David just called a meeting. erm W/e your char can go...i guess.

Phantom your good to go. Cool char BTW. big grin

Thank to TxG

Last edited by WingBlade on Jul 16th, 2010 at 09:18 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:15 AM
WingBlade is currently offline Click here to Send WingBlade a Private Message Find more posts by WingBlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im pissed. Everytime i type a long post my cpu cuts off. Ill post Sunday...

Thank to TxG

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 01:41 AM
WingBlade is currently offline Click here to Send WingBlade a Private Message Find more posts by WingBlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Hitosu Moriko if you are hinting that toph is tao's grandma she'd only be 34 i think

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 07:02 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah just make your char her son. Im pretty sure she wouldnt be a grandma by now, though its possible, her grandchild wouldnt be 16.

Thank to TxG

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 07:09 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Toph would be 54 years old in this RP.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:06 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

This RP is 22 years after they stopped Ozai and toph was like 12 or 13 when the series ended. So shed be in her 30's.

BTW Avatar: The Legend of Korra is coming!!

Thank to TxG

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 07:23 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Toph was 12 for the duration of the show and according to the opening post in this thread, which by the look of what you write now could be simply a mistake, this takes place 42 years after the death of the Phoenix King.

So you either have to make a retcon, a retraction of formerly stated passed time and an edit to a passed time of preference, or this is 42 years after the event.

Originally posted by Hunter_Abari
"Band of Benders"

2 years after the evens of Avatar Aang, an assasin, hired by an unknown person, poisoned Avatar Aang causing infection throughout his body, and eventually......death

20 more years passed and an Avatar was born

Shan found out she was the avatar at the age of 12

Eventually Shan left for travel at the age of 15.

In 5 years she practiced and learned Hung Gar for Earth Bending, Northern Shaolin for Firebending, and the hardest was Ba Gua for Air Bending.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 11:49 AM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

hows this for a character sheet

Name: Hilong

Sex: Male

Orientation: Straight

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Bending Style(look above): Northern Saolin: Fire

Stregnths: flexible, good break dancer, Hero of Justice

Weaknesses: Hero of justice

Personality: Calm, quite sometimes, Rushes into things, Has energy to burn, Feels he needs to help people, gets hot headed, loves animals, and spicy foods, believes the spicier the better

Weapons -or- Items: streamlined long bladed knives, red tinted dagger-like knives, single bladed knives, stainless steel Chain knives

Appearance:

(please log in to view the image)

Bio: Hilong is the son of Zuko and Mai king and queen of the fire nation. Hilong would hear stories about how his father helped Avatar Aang take down Hilongs grandfather Fire lord Ozai From taking over the world. He was told about Avatar Aangs heroic deeds which slowly made him want to be like him. Hilong ended up developing a hero of justice attitude making him want to help and protect people just like avatar Aang. Hilong is a prince in his family but he didn't like his princely duties so he asked his family if he could leave the palace and travel. They accepted his request and he left to set out on his own adventure. 2 years had passed when he was sent a letter from his family saying that the fire nation kingdom was taken over by the new Avatar. No one knows where his family is but Hilong knew they where alive. Hilong continued on his adventure but to get stronger and to try to bring justice to the new evil Avatar.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 06:42 PM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yea your right! I was having a mind blank and thinking that she was Shan was born as soon as Aang died. So it was 20 years after he died, 22 years after Ozau was defeated, and 20 more years for Shan to learn bending and take over. So yea she would be 54 and Hitosu your char can be Zukos Brandon again. Thanks for clearing it up Mario?!

Thank to TxG

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 08:18 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Super Marie 64
Do not derp me. All I am doing is upholding the setting placed by the creator of the roleplay.
I was derping myself. this should have been evident when I went "im not so good with math." Like "derp derp my bad" like I said: my bad, so it's all good?
quote:

Mind if I ask what your sub-form of Firebending is?
It's sort of like I have a resonant and controlled constant burn inside of me, ready to lash out at any moment. Whereas standard bending is very fast and light, my character depends on a sudden show of force upon entering a fight in the form of a powerful fireball, which gives him a very long cool-down time before he can ready another fireball, but he can fight with weapons while he readies it once again. It has its limitations and its strengths. It sort of matches my character's constant anguish and lashing out.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 01:58 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

My second character:

Name: Wendy

Sex: Girl

Orientation: straight

Ethnicity: white, short, thin with blond hair

Bending Style(look above): none. She is a civilian who thought she could help the order by giving back-up, but is quite helpless.

Strengths: She's sweet and honorable and intelligent but not wise. She is too courageous for her own good, and too pure for here enemy's good.

Weaknesses: No power, she relies only on physical strength.

Personality: Courageous, pure, naive, kind of sheltered.

Weapons -or- Items: a broom with the bristles burnt off from fighting.

Appearance: Pretty, short, blond, blue eyed, but not super strong or smart, kind of average.

Bio: She was born powerless, much to the disappointment of her water-bending parents, and they sheltered her until she finally ran away to join the band, realizing that sitting at home wasn't doing much good. She is friends with Nai, but fears his power and his instability, but as with everyone, can't help but see the good with him and is constantly trying to fix him.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 02:15 AM
Eclipse_Noctis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow.....
-.-

"Aqua moves the sea at night.

-Nocturne"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 05:53 PM
Eclipse_Noctis is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipse_Noctis a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipse_Noctis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah i ****ed it up, anon e. mous already pmed me. sorry i'm new to the whole RP thing. please ignore that last post in the IC and continue.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 06:29 PM
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha its ok. You go see my post from 2008. Now theres something to laugh about...

Thank to TxG

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 02:17 AM
starryknight

i dont get it...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 04:39 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

@star: Dont get what?

@hitosu: Your char should not be able to randomly find our base, on account that if a person could just randomly stumble across it Shan wouldve killed us a while ago.

Thank to TxG

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 12:48 PM
Anon E. Mous
The French Taunter

And to add to that, our base isn't visible from the surface. It is completely underground.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 01:49 PM
Anon E. Mous is currently offline Click here to Send Anon E. Mous a Private Message Find more posts by Anon E. Mous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote