KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Royce (Predators)

Royce (Predators)
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KuRuPT Thanosi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Yes, we've covered that; you're not looking at the bigger picture. Dutch would have been dead if the Predator had been like the super-Predator, it had him and could have killed him. But it wanted honor and decided to drop its weapons/gear and face Dutch H2H.

In the end, Royce fought and defeated a tougher opponent (yes, with a bit of help).
This is a load of dung and you know it Rob

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 11:04 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Nope, it was awesomely sound reasoning in 2010 and it's still awesomely sound reasoning now in 2015

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 9th, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 11:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Wrong again. You saying the Predator took it easy on Dutch and that is the only reason is lived is simply untrue. I could point to the scene in Predators where the Dogs attack... They are PURPOSELY called off when they could've pressed the attack. The predators could've attacked them WHILE the dogs attacked. The predators could've attacked them easily and decisively from behind as they were deciding what to do about the Cartel guy laying there calling for help. I could go on and on like you're trying to do with sequences with Dutch.. only they work both ways.

The facts are these, Royce didn't kill one single predator on his own.. Dutch did, game over.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 04:49 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Nope. You're oversimplifying my points. Just deal that Royce faced and defeated a tougher and less forgiving opponent, on a completely alien and hostile world and without the benefit of a cohesive elite SpecOp team covering his back. Deal with it

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 06:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

I didn't oversimplify a thing. You said the Predator could've killed Dutch at this point but didn't. I listed two examples where Royce could've been killed had the Predators attacked. This has nothing to do with oversimplification, and everything to do with a double standard.

Further, Royce didn't killed one, not one Predator on his own, dutch did. Further, you thinking the Predators was superior to the original is faulty logic on your part which you've easily defeated without me having to say a thing. The predator you say was weaker, took out this awesome spec ops team with utter ease. The predators couldn't take out an inferior team (by your own admission) . Shit one was killed with a mere sword and not even by the main character. Another one was taken out solo by another fringe character. I love it when you defeat your own argument Rob, it makes me feel all tingly inside.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 07:58 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Further, Royce didn't killed one, not one Predator on his own, dutch did.
Dutch didn't either. Jungle Pred killed himself.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 03:48 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Dutch is easily way more badass than the Pianist.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 03:50 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by juggerman

Wrong again, he was defeated and about to get his head smashed in with a rock until dutch decided to ask what the hell he was.. then noticed him triggering a self destruct sequence. He was done though and about to get smashed.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 04:34 PM
juggerman

Wrong again, he was defeated and about to get his head smashed in with a rock until dutch decided to ask what the hell he was.. then noticed him triggering a self destruct sequence. He was done though and about to get smashed.

Really? You say I was wrong and then prove me right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 05:16 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I didn't oversimplify a thing. You said the Predator could've killed Dutch at this point but didn't. I listed two examples where Royce could've been killed had the Predators attacked. This has nothing to do with oversimplification, and everything to do with a double standard.

Further, Royce didn't killed one, not one Predator on his own, dutch did. Further, you thinking the Predators was superior to the original is faulty logic on your part which you've easily defeated without me having to say a thing. The predator you say was weaker, took out this awesome spec ops team with utter ease. The predators couldn't take out an inferior team (by your own admission) . Shit one was killed with a mere sword and not even by the main character. Another one was taken out solo by another fringe character. I love it when you defeat your own argument Rob, it makes me feel all tingly inside.

Nothing you've said refuted a single point of mine, you're just going "Nuh uh!" and throwing a tantrum now because you can't deal with the fact that Royce had the tougher opponents (yes, not just one) and tougher scenario to handle

Sorry, but you're wrong again. Super-Predators are superior to the normal Predators. It's shown and explained to use with the "wolf and dog" comparison. Did you not pay attention?

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 11th, 2015 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 05:20 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Nothing you've said refuted a single point of mine, you're just going "Nuh uh!" and throwing a tantrum now because you can't deal with the fact that Royce had the tougher opponents (yes, not just one) and tougher scenario to handle

Sorry, but you're wrong again. Super-Predators are superior to the normal Predators. It's shown and explained to use with the "wolf and dog" comparison. Did you not pay attention?

Yet by feats The Original predator took out a team SUPERIOR to the team Royce had. This is by your own admission. So no, by feats the Predators from Predators aren't superior are they? They were literally taken out by a guy with a sword and another one was blown up... both by fringe characters. That isn't the least bit impressive now is it? Point is, Dutch beat a predator who took out a superior team to anybody shown taken out in predators. There is simply no getting around this fact.

Really Rob, I just said nuh uh!! You're better than this Rob, or at least I thought you were. I refuted you premise and then showed you defeating your own premise. I cited examples to prove my case. Hardly anything like saying nuh uh!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 05:39 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Really? You say I was wrong and then prove me right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

he was killing himself because HE WAS DEFEATED. What is so difficult to understand about this. If he wasn't defeated and still able to move around he would've still been attacking dutch. Instead, he was trapped under a log, bleeding out, and knew he'd lost. Dutch stood over A HELPLESS Predator unable to defend himself and was able to smash his face in... Yet you wanna say dutch didn't defeat him.. You're better than being intentionally Obtuse Juggs.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 05:40 PM
juggerman

he was killing himself because HE WAS DEFEATED. What is so difficult to understand about this. If he wasn't defeated and still able to move around he would've still been attacking dutch. Instead, he was trapped under a log, bleeding out, and knew he'd lost. Dutch stood over A HELPLESS Predator unable to defend himself and was able to smash his face in... Yet you wanna say dutch didn't defeat him.. You're better than being intentionally Obtuse Juggs.

I said he didn't kill him and you said I was wrong. Not my fault you misread what I actually said and decided to get sensitive about it.

Show me where I said "defeat":

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 05:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yet by feats The Original predator took out a team SUPERIOR to the team Royce had. This is by your own admission. So no, by feats the Predators from Predators aren't superior are they? They were literally taken out by a guy with a sword and another one was blown up... both by fringe characters. That isn't the least bit impressive now is it? Point is, Dutch beat a predator who took out a superior team to anybody shown taken out in predators. There is simply no getting around this fact.

Really Rob, I just said nuh uh!! You're better than this Rob, or at least I thought you were. I refuted you premise and then showed you defeating your own premise. I cited examples to prove my case. Hardly anything like saying nuh uh!!!

Context, you lack sorely in this department. Via mostly long range tactics and using stealth. One SuperP died in a up close sword duel and the other fell to a bomb suicide trap. Didn't Dutch's Predator fall victim to a trap as well? LoL!

You can't get around the fact that Royce:

-Had 3 superior Predators and their beast to deal with
-Had a non cohesive team, some of them actually secretly his enemy
-Was on a completely foreign/alien world
-Royce's final Predator did not have the honor code like Dutch's

Thanks for playing

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 11th, 2015 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 05:47 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Context, you lack sorely in this department. Via mostly long range tactics and using stealth. One SuperP died in a up close sword duel and the other fell to a bomb suicide trap. Didn't Dutch's Predator fall victim to a trap as well? LoL!

You can't get around the fact that Royce:

-Had 3 superior Predators and their beast to deal with
-Had a non cohesive team, some of them actually secretly his enemy
-Was on a completely foreign/alien world
-Royce's final Predator did not have the honor code like Dutch's

Thanks for playing

Literally NONE of those points were the least bit impressive let alone relevant really. Let's go over this"

1. Had three predators and their beasts (You're simply defeating you're own argument here.) They were EASILY taken out by FRINGE characters. One was taken out with a mere sword LMAO.

2. A non cohesive team... This is again you defeating your own argument. Yes they WERE an inferior team and yet they took out 2 out of the 3 predators which said team. The last one was taken out by Royce WITH help. Nothing impressive about that, well, besides you defeating your own argument impressively

3. So? Does this have some relevance at all? Still defeating your own argument eh Robbie? So the Predators not only had more numbers than the original predator and facing an inferior team.. but they also had a environmental advantage and still got curbed... yet you cite this as an example LOL. This is just me toying me you and enjoying seeing you defeat yourself. I could also point out, that this world had nothing out of the ordinary or foreign to them that made anything overly difficult to fight.

4. Umm so? It used the honor code THROUGHOUT the movie.. There were numerous examples where they could've pressed their advantage and didn't. Fact.

Damn Robbie, don't make this so easy on me. Game, set, match

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:16 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

I said he didn't kill him and you said I was wrong. Not my fault you misread what I actually said and decided to get sensitive about it.

Show me where I said "defeat":

So who injured and incapacitated the predator?

Are you saying he could still kill dutch in that position but decided to kill himself instead?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:17 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Royce >>>>> Dutchbag.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:19 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Literally NONE of those points were the least bit impressive let alone relevant really. Let's go over this"

1. Had three predators and their beasts (You're simply defeating you're own argument here.) They were EASILY taken out by FRINGE characters. One was taken out with a mere sword LMAO.

2. A non cohesive team... This is again you defeating your own argument. Yes they WERE an inferior team and yet they took out 2 out of the 3 predators which said team. The last one was taken out by Royce WITH help. Nothing impressive about that, well, besides you defeating your own argument impressively

3. So? Does this have some relevance at all? Still defeating your own argument eh Robbie? So the Predators not only had more numbers than the original predator and facing an inferior team.. but they also had a environmental advantage and still got curbed... yet you cite this as an example LOL. This is just me toying me you and enjoying seeing you defeat yourself. I could also point out, that this world had nothing out of the ordinary or foreign to them that made anything overly difficult to fight.

4. Umm so? It used the honor code THROUGHOUT the movie.. There were numerous examples where they could've pressed their advantage and didn't. Fact.

Damn Robbie, don't make this so easy on me. Game, set, match

Back to square one, nothing you've said refuted a single point and you've moved on to lowballing and/or dismissing anything that murders your bias towards Dutch (granted, better character in the better film)

Royce did more with less in a worse situation against more numerous and tougher opponents. You won't be able to deal with this and will continue to rant, I know

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 11th, 2015 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:23 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Reflassshh
Royce >>>>> Dutchbag.

Not based on feats.. In fact, dutch poops all over Royce

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:23 PM
juggerman

So who injured and incapacitated the predator?

Are you saying he could still kill dutch in that position but decided to kill himself instead?

No, I'm saying what I said. Dutch did not kill a Predator. Period.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:42 PM