KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Fleming and QOS

Fleming and QOS
Started by: Zoom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
God

Fleming and QOS

I've read the books, and Craig's Bond is nothing like Fleming's. If Fleming had ever lived to see QOS, he probably would have been nauseous, and not just from the shaky camerawork.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 02:46 AM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Power

I respectfully disagree. I think Daniel Craig does a great job in portraying the Bond that Fleming created. I also think that Fleming would be very proud to see how he and the reboot has done.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 12:21 AM
The Power is currently offline Click here to Send The Power a Private Message Find more posts by The Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer11
Stalker

The critics didn't like QOS but I see no reason why Fleming wouldn't. I think he would be very happy with both CR and QOS.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:31 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Humm, how strange. The number of people I've talked to and read comments(a lot of Bond obsessives) from who have read all the books and say Craig was a very good Bond and close to the source...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 03:20 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wanderer11
The critics didn't like QOS but I see no reason why Fleming wouldn't. I think he would be very happy with both CR and QOS.

agreed.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 07:40 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by MildPossession
Humm, how strange. The number of people I've talked to and read comments(a lot of Bond obsessives) from who have read all the books and say Craig was a very good Bond and close to the source...

I have not met anyone who thinks that. Having read the books myself there is only one man who has come close to the Bond Fleming wrote and that is Dalton.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 02:13 PM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not saying he was closer than Dalton, I was saying Craig was close to how Fleming saw Bond. You said Craig was nothing like Fleming's Bond and I was commenting on that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 03:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

I'm not saying he was closer than Dalton, I was saying Craig was close to how Fleming saw Bond. You said Craig was nothing like Fleming's Bond and I was commenting on that.

That is because I do not think that Craig is anything like the Bond Fleming wrote and I have never met a Bond fan who does.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 02:45 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well you are in the minority who think that...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 03:15 PM
God

Well you are in the minority who think that...

I really am not. Even Daniel Craig has had the good grace to admit that Dalton was the closet to the Bond of the books. You really need to think before posting.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 03:37 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, you need to get it into your head that I am not comparing the two, I didn't say he was THE closest. I said close. And you said I need to think before posting...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 05:05 PM
God

Eh, you need to get it into your head that I am not comparing the two, I didn't say he was THE closest. I said close. And you said I need to think before posting...

You clearly have not paid much attention to your previous posts.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:32 PM
Sgt.Shakedown
Wannabe

Re: Fleming and QOS

Originally posted by 003
I've read the books, and Craig's Bond is nothing like Fleming's. If Fleming had ever lived to see QOS, he probably would have been nauseous, and not just from the shaky camerawork.

You are right. Craig not fit to play Bond and he has shown that in the two movies he has made.

Sig and avatar by Scythe.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:57 PM
Sgt.Shakedown is currently offline Click here to Send Sgt.Shakedown a Private Message Find more posts by Sgt.Shakedown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by 003
You clearly have not paid much attention to your previous posts.

You clearly have a huge problem with Daniel Craig's existence.

MP did not say that Craig was closer to Fleming's Bond than Dalton. He simply said that Craig was close, a claim that I agree with having read the books myself.

Please stop talking down to people who disagree with you. They are allowed to think what they will, whether you like it or not.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 10:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by REXXXX
You clearly have a huge problem with Daniel Craig's existence.

MP did not say that Craig was closer to Fleming's Bond than Dalton. He simply said that Craig was close, a claim that I agree with having read the books myself.

Please stop talking down to people who disagree with you. They are allowed to think what they will, whether you like it or not.

You clearly need to re-read the posts too and I will speak down to who ever I like.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 03:04 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Fair enough. Consider this an official warning for ignoring what I said about speaking down. You are NOT allowed to speak down to anyone, and if I see you doing so, I will slap you with more warnings and your stay here will be cut short. Are we clear?

Additionally- closing your thread.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 07:19 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote