KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTON- Song of Remembrance

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTON- Song of Remembrance
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Baylin
Back in story!

"The Jedi? Aren't they a bunch of meditating hippy-do-gooders?" He laughs "Honestly though I can't say as I've ever been unfortunate enough to have any dealings with them. Bad boy that I am, I'm way below their radar!"

He can't help thinking he should know more though...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 08:02 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

S'Nar frowns.

"Your knowledge of them is surprisingly limited. Do you know of the energy field that they serve?"

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 08:19 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

"Ha!" He starts to sing

"The elusive all powerful Force,
Binding the universe together.
Be good, be strong, stay on course
Or lose yourself forever!

An energy field, all so vast,
A resource always there.
Giving strength in which to last,
So all of you beware

Make not an enemy of the Sith
And nor the Jedi too
The stories really are not myth
It will be your death you pursue..."

He shrugs, "apart from a couple of other songs that's all I know really"

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 10:39 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

S'Nar is mildly amused by your song, and several around the office seem to have stopped what they were doing to listen to you. As soon as you finish, they return to their tasks.

"Yes... well, our problem is not with the Jedi or the Sith, but with Dark Jedi. Students of the Force that have gone astray. Most often they are lowly criminals trying to make a living on the fringes of space. Others are very dangerous."

You enter a lift with S'Nar and the Osokan Captain, rising up several floors.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:13 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

"So what does that have to do with me, a singer in a second rate band playing second rate music in second rate clubs on a second rate world?"

(I take it he can start feeling edgy about all this?)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:56 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes. You cannot place it but this is all very uncomfortable.

"More than you know," S'Nar says. "This brand of criminal is very rare in the grand scheme of things but they have a tendency to make their presence in the Galaxy known. Do you know of the planet Malastare?"

You do, Alek. It is one of the founding worlds of the Republic, home to the three-eyed Grans and the hand-footed Dugs. But... you feel like you know more. You have never been there, you know that with certainty.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 06:09 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

"I know of Malastare, they have one of the premier pod racing circuits there. Can't say as I've ever been, though our agent was working on getting the Stardashers some gigs there." He looks sternly at S'Nar "However you're you still haven't told me how I'm involved in all this!"

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 02:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"All in good time," S'Nar says as the lift comes to a stop. He steps out and you are walking down a wide hallway together. Here things are less sterile and mildly more luxurious; Republic red carpets and walls, comfy chairs, low-light lamps, a few alien art pieces.

"There was an event on Malastare, four years ago. A dreadful three-sided shoot-out between the Jedi Knights and Malastare police units, businessman Kir Ascar and his private security detail, and a group of Dark Jedi and a force of mercenaries under their employ. It was a disastrous battle and a tremendous problem for the Republic. The Jedi did not actually stop this group; in fact, they escaped, after slaughtering many Republic personnel on a founding Republic world. Can you see how this was an embarassment?"

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 11:23 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

"I've always gone for independence so don't really pay much attention to politics." He looks around "Still doesn't tell me what this is all about"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 04:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"This is about that incident," S'Nar says. "The Massacre on Malastare."

He arrives at an open office at the end of the hallway. It has a great round window looking out over the squat Karkarvan city, with the distinct spiderwebbed framing. He steps behind a black onyx desk and gestures for you to sit on the other side.

"We think that one of the Dark Jedi present may be trying to reach you, Mr. Alek."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 03:06 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

Alek thinks about the enigmatic guy he met earlier and decides to stay quiet about for it now.

"Sorry I know nothing of the Massacre of Malastare, and I know even less of why the Jedi would be trying to make contact with me!" He looks around again. "Now if you don't mind I would like to leave this forsaken hole and get to my next contract on kashyyyk".

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Dark Jedi," S'Nar corrects. "His name is Takuan Soho, and he is VERY dangerous, and very powerful."

You are displeased to see that the hologram S'Nar produces is of your enigmatic older man.

"We've spoken with your manager and postponed your concerts in the interest of your safety," S'Nar says. "We believe it would be best for you to stay on Karkarvos until this man has been apprehended. Will you inform us if you see him? Your assistance to us is of great importance to you, I feel. We can erase what happened tonight, and the Nagai you killed in the bar. The scene has already been cleaned up, in fact. But the evidence has been collected. We can match the energy residue of their wounds to the power signature of your blaster, Mr. Alek."

The Osokan Captain snickers.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:50 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

"So what you're saying is that I'm to hang around and then tell you if this Takwan Sohoh guy makes contact with me?" He shrugs "Okay then but I'll need a credit advance to see me through till I make my next concert!"

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 11:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

S'Nar's mouth turns down at the corners for a brief moment.

"If you deem it necessary then the Bureau is willing to provide you and your bandmates the funds," S'Nar says. "So long as Takuan is found and arrested. There is a monetary reward for his capture or information leading to it."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:41 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

"H'kay then Mr Sneer sir, give me your card and I'll be staying in the black star inn near the club I just played at!" He turns to leave "I'll call you if I see anything..."

For some reason he assumes that he'll either be followed or they'll try and plant some sort of tracing bug on him.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 09:20 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, S'Nar does not want you to leave until he has attached a tracking device to your wrist as part of a bracelet.

"Should anything happen to you, we will know where you are," S'Nar insists.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:15 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

He holds it up to the light "Niiiice..." 'First thing is get this off at the earliest opportunity' he thinks to himself. He winks at the Osokan guard and then heads out

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Remember, Alek," S'Nar says. "He is very dangerous. Do not underestimate him."

You take your leave of the Bureau headquarters, meaning you are (relatively) free to carry on to the Black Star Inn. It is close to the starport and moderately cheap. You return to find your room as you left it. Your battered bantha-leather suitcase is on your bed.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 08:51 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

I guess its time to make an Observation roll...

Call him suspicious but Alek is going to go through the room and his suitcase very carefully looking for any bugs that may have been planted all the while keeping his thoughts to himself.

After this he's going to head out to see if he can find someone who might be able to release the tracking bracelet.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 09:27 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Do you have Fix-It?

You don't see anything suspicious about your hotel room, Alek. Nothing is out of place. You start to ruffle through your suitcase... but grow disinterested before you get through it. It happens every time; you usually just grab something off the top instead of digging through it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 09:32 AM