KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (127): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

excellent point, ok, I'm not so worried anymore

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 09:34 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
At that time the only healers were Katara and possibly some women of Nothern Water Tribe, and sure, Katara was likely around Aang at most, if not all, times, but healing battle wounds and illnesses still won't prolong your natural lifespan.

Given his appearance, I'd be willing to say Roku was between ages fifty and seventy-five, personally.

Actually it should since nowadays no one really dies of old age anymore, they die from some form of cancer.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 12:33 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Well, yeah, but there are some injuries that you just can't come back from. That and plot apparently dictates that Aang's guaranteed to be gone.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 01:19 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I can't wait to see what happened to Zuko and his mom, and if he is still alive, how good of a fire lord he is

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 04:37 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Being set so far in the future means it fans will be introduced to new characters while many familiar settings are revisited. I'm a little said they didn't decide to cover the loose ends at the end of The Last Airbender, but I am looking forward to this.

They can explore that through flashbacks and it's consequences. I am quite excited, I hope it will be as good as the original.

Originally posted by dadudemon
I Look forward to this.

Hopefully we get some love for the old characters like flash backs.

We should see some action from Aang, though, as he educates Korra on the ways of the force.

If I understand the mythology right, Aang must be dead for Korra to be born. But I suppose he will guide her somewhat like the previous Avatars did with Aang, so you are probably somewhat right, though I am not sure if we will see any action from him.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Aug 3rd, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 12:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

The first season is a mini one with 12 episodes, with all the flashbacks how how much 'Korra' story will there be? The plot must be vastly different as Korra knows all but airbending by the beginning.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 02:57 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by BloodRain
The first season is a mini one with 12 episodes, with all the flashbacks how how much 'Korra' story will there be? The plot must be vastly different as Korra knows all but airbending by the beginning.

A lot of the story could actually focus on reestablishing airbending.

They never really explain why its only possible for the Avatar to learn more than one style of bending. Its not like the people of the four nations always had bending, they had to learn from something (Fire-Dragons, Water-Moon spirit, Earth-Badgermoles, Air-Skybison).

Yet the series also suggests that bending is a heritable trait seeing as the benders in the swamp were said to be distant cousins of the Southern Water Tribe.

So if its only possible to learn bending if you're (1) the Avatar or (2) descended from a Bender of a particular variety then perhaps the answer is for Aang's kid (I recall them mentioning him in the synopsis) to father a lot of Airbending-capable children.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 09:19 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

now, if Aang had a kid with someone...lets say Katara, a water bender, could this kid be both a water bender and an air bender? or would it only be the dominent kind of thing, or just one or the other?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 08:03 AM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by menokokoro
now, if Aang had a kid with someone...lets say Katara, a water bender, could this kid be both a water bender and an air bender? or would it only be the dominent kind of thing, or just one or the other?

The creators are really unclear about that. If it were possible to create Hybrid benders then I imagine the Fire Nation would have instituted a policy of forcefully marrying Earth Kingdom women to Fire Nation officers in order to create an army of Earth/Fire (Magma) benders.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 06:00 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm pretty sure each child has only a set chance of being a bender in one element. Which means that Aang and Katara's children would come out as either air benders or water benders.

I also think, since the show was more or less about restoring the balance, that nature would would allow more airbenders to manifest, likely from Aang and Katara's children.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 08:20 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by ankur29
hmm aang must of had a short life ....

i thought the avatars have a long life span

I don't think it's been implied anywhere that Avatars live longer than anyone else, except possibly because they have all the elements and won't go down without a fight.

If Aang made it to 80, that's awesome. It's not more than reasonable that he's at the december of his life, then, though, or dead since years ago.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 09:13 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Super Marie 64
I don't think it's been implied anywhere that Avatars live longer than anyone else, except possibly because they have all the elements and won't go down without a fight.

If Aang made it to 80, that's awesome. It's not more than reasonable that he's at the december of his life, then, though, or dead since years ago.

Given that in nearly 500 years there have only been 6 Earth Kings it would seem even non-Avatars can reach pretty extreme ages.

Kyoshi lived to be 230 though, which is the oldest recorded age of anyone in Avatar.

All things considered Aang dying at 80 isn't exactly what I would call a "long life" considering life expectancy is so damn high.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 10:12 PM
menokokoro

Originally posted by Omega Vision
The creators are really unclear about that. If it were possible to create Hybrid benders then I imagine the Fire Nation would have instituted a policy of forcefully marrying Earth Kingdom women to Fire Nation officers in order to create an army of Earth/Fire (Magma) benders.
MAGMA BENDING! that would be epic. but i don't think it is possible. maybe in a teamwork kind of thing. but the fire bender would have to be able to create some HOT fire

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 03:07 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Magma Bending, aka Lava Bending, is possible, though I don't know if anyone but the Avatar can pull off such a feat.

Actually, it might be possible. I recall in the drill episode, Katara and Toph worked together to bend the waste, a mix of earth and water, back into the machine.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 04:28 AM
menokokoro

Magma Bending, aka Lava Bending, is possible, though I don't know if anyone but the Avatar can pull off such a feat.

Actually, it might be possible. I recall in the drill episode, Katara and Toph worked together to bend the waste, a mix of earth and water, back into the machine.
oh yeah, i didn't even think of the avatar.

and yeah, i think if a moderately skilled earth bender, and an INSANE fire bender teamed up, they could do lava bending. well wait, no, the earth bender would have to be really good too, i mean he would be controlling a liquid instead of a bunch of boulders. Now i hope they do this, it would be so awesome lol

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 10:35 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Given that in nearly 500 years there have only been 6 Earth Kings it would seem even non-Avatars can reach pretty extreme ages.

Kyoshi lived to be 230 though, which is the oldest recorded age of anyone in Avatar.

All things considered Aang dying at 80 isn't exactly what I would call a "long life" considering life expectancy is so damn high.

I believe the creators stated that due to Aang spending a century in the Iceberg, his time after awakening was shortened.
My guess is that he died due to natural causes, unlike Roku, who was killed by the Volcano.

Assuming Aang died 17-19 years before the start of this series (Korra looks to be in her late teens, and apparently, the Avatar is not informed of their status until their 16th birthday), chronologically, he was roughly 170 years old.

Magma is just molten rock, and has nothing to do with Fire, apart from the fact that they are hot. Fire-benders usually do not bend heat, nor do they bend super-heated liquids/solids, so I don't know if a Firebender could do it.
I think you'd need a Water-Bender & an Earth-bender. Perhaps maybe a Fire-Bender as well, if it turns out that Fire-bending is required.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Aug 11th, 2010 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 07:59 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I don't know how reliable it is, but in the series recap that had commentary, they specifically stated that lava bending fire- and earthbending.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 08:13 PM
menokokoro

I think all lava bending requires is an earth bender. that is, if the rock is already molten. but if it isn't it should require a fire bender to melt it.

But since earth bending is different than bending liquids, and i dont think heat has much, if anything, to do with it. So the earth bender would have to learn from someone like a water bender to get better at bending liquid rock.

Then the fire bender should just have enough raw power to create a flame hot enough to melt rock. and i suppose enough control to not burn everyone around

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 08:30 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't Azulon bend lava when he was helping Ryoshi fight the volcano. I distinctly remember someone bending lava at that point.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 08:37 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

roku did, azulon removed heat from the lava to cool it and harden it.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 08:41 PM