KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (127): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

argh! I can't find that scene anywhere. I wan't to review it to make sure who did what.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 09:08 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzW0...feature=related

ok, this doesn't show the whole scene, but 1:28-2:10 illustrates a few times how the avatar can bend lava and how a fire bender can take heat out of lava to harden it

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 09:13 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

ok also, just read some rumors, and one of them says that every one of the original characters are dead sad

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 09:33 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

All of them, huh? I'm not that surprised, but it is a little sad to think about.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 09:40 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Okay everybody, what's your favorite bending? I like Fire for 2 reasons: You can eventually make lightning, which is awesome and it's based on a similar martial art that I took years ago. And yeah, hate the movie for beating my favorite bending and making it lame as shit. miffed

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 11:38 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I have preference towards Air and Waterbending, myself. I notice that each bending form seems to have an extreme high tier ability attached to it (Lightning bending, blood bending, metal bending, etc.), and I must admit that I would be curious to see what, if any, high tier ability Airbending could progress to.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 12:40 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

well they made all the bending lame, i mean they waved their arms around for an hour before anything happened, and nothing matched their movements at all.

(all these are assuming you mastered everything about all)

Air would be the most useful, because you are almost never without it, and if you are, you are dead anyway so whatever. not to mention you can fly with a glider and can lessen a fall, and lots possibilities in the air, and not to mention the air sword *fshew fshew*

though earth has some awesome aspects to it, because almost no one could sneak up on you, and almost nothing could stand in your way, like doors, walls etc. also finding things would be really quick, your stability is greater than the others, and obviously an iron man suit made from a door.

water also would be frikin amazing, i mean, ice water any time you want, just pull it out of the air, and freeze some of it. blood bending, making mist, and healing, healing is always a HUGELY important ability

but i would have to agree, fire bending is the coolest. the obvious reason, lightning. then there is the fact that you can indeed fly with enough power and control, and that is without a glider, that takes care of a HUGE reason i would pick air instead. you will always be warm, if you have your "breath of fire" lol, and you can channel heat. oh and the coolest thing about them, their origin is the coolest, they learned bending from frickin dragons!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 12:52 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Celestial objects > Dragons

Waterbending ftw.

Not to say Dragons aren't cool, of course. wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:03 AM
menokokoro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I would be curious to see what, if any, high tier ability Airbending could progress to.
sucking the air from your opponents lungs...that would be pretty effective lol. man, you just keep making me think about combos with fire. they should have shown aang combining air with fire and making the fire hotter or something.

But yeah, for a less morbid high tier tech...uuh, idk if this was air bending or water bending, or a combination, but aang turned water into air from underwater. idk, its just a pretty well rounded bending style, i don't think it really needs a high tier tech, i mean its high defense, high speed, high jump/flying, moderate attack, all the others aren't capable of as much diverse abilities

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:03 AM
menokokoro

Celestial objects > Dragons

Waterbending ftw.

Not to say Dragons aren't cool, of course. wink
more epic, definitely, but not as cool

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:04 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by menokokoro
sucking the air from your opponents lungs...that would be pretty effective lol. man, you just keep making me think about combos with fire. they should have shown aang combining air with fire and making the fire hotter or something.

But yeah, for a less morbid high tier tech...uuh, idk if this was air bending or water bending, or a combination, but aang turned water into air from underwater. idk, its just a pretty well rounded bending style, i don't think it really needs a high tier tech, i mean its high defense, high speed, high jump/flying, moderate attack, all the others aren't capable of as much diverse abilities

Hah, when you say that I get an image of Aang in a Dementor cloak, sucking someone's face off. laughing

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:06 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

more epic, definitely, but not as cool

no expression...Epic > Cool.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:06 AM
menokokoro

Hah, when you say that I get an image of Aang in a Dementor cloak, sucking someone's face off. laughing
I lol'ed so hard.
no expression...Epic > Cool.
fair enough, I just really like dragons

edit: i fail at seeing what you wrote, i thought you put epic=cool...oh well

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:15 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Hey, that's cool, I like dragons, too. Can't you tell from my avatar? stick out tongue

You might be right that Airbending is so well balanced it doesn't need a high tier ability. I just think it strange if that were the case.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:21 AM
menokokoro

yeah it is kinda weird, I am just trying to justify it, but i think it really is just because they couldn't come up with something, i mean everything he could do is just stuff you would expect, like tornado, or sand storm, just normal wind related things. oh yeah, they gave him the...what was it called, the wind ball thing lol, does that count?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:30 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

yeah it is kinda weird, I am just trying to justify it, but i think it really is just because they couldn't come up with something, i mean everything he could do is just stuff you would expect, like tornado, or sand storm, just normal wind related things. oh yeah, they gave him the...what was it called, the wind ball thing lol, does that count?

The air scooter. smile

Air is probably my favorite after fire, followed closely by water. The only thing that I don't care for with waterbending is the blood bending. It's too hax for my taste. And I never liked Earth honestly. Toph and Bumi are the only cool Earthbenders.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:53 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Earthbending was a very solid (lolpun) bending form. It was all about being steady as a rock, literally, and most people just can't do that. It's also not as flashy.

I appreciated the fact that they included blood bending, as I thought of it as a possibility from the start. I also really like that they limited its use to when the moon was full. Hell, if it wasn't for that and the fact Hama was the only one who had learned it before Katara, the Fire Nation probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as they did.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 02:08 AM
menokokoro

yeah blood bending is way to overpowered, even for only being able to do it once a month. I mean that is WAY more over powered than what the fire nation got for the comet, well in a way, the fire was much more "powerful" but its just the same old stuff, just bigger.

Oh, one thing I wonder about, ever since they had the phoenix king, they already have dragons as an actual creature, wonder if there are phoenix (is that already the plural of it? or should i add an 's?) and if so, what would it be, a cousin to the dragon or something?

sorry, I just like pretty much all fantasy type mythology, so I am hoping for more stuff like the dragons...the dragon dance episode is still one of my favorites

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 02:22 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Nephthys
Didn't Azulon bend lava when he was helping Ryoshi fight the volcano. I distinctly remember someone bending lava at that point.

Roku bent the lava iirc. Sozin just redirected heat. He was the only one to do so. Quite similar to Lightning Redirection I think.

I don't know how reliable it is, but in the series recap that had commentary, they specifically stated that lava bending fire- and earthbending.

Really?
You wouldn't happen to have a YT link would you?

I appreciated the fact that they included blood bending, as I thought of it as a possibility from the start. I also really like that they limited its use to when the moon was full. Hell, if it wasn't for that and the fact Hama was the only one who had learned it before Katara, the Fire Nation probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as they did.

I think the technique will just die with Katara though, so we might not see Blood-bending in this new series. Though seeing an Avatar like Korra blood-bend could be really awesome.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Okay everybody, what's your favorite bending? I like Fire for 2 reasons: You can eventually make lightning, which is awesome and it's based on a similar martial art that I took years ago. And yeah, hate the movie for beating my favorite bending and making it lame as shit. miffed

Fire & Earth.
Yeah, that was really stupid.
Fire-bending was somewhat balanced in the actual series. They just gimped it in the movie.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 02:24 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Really?
You wouldn't happen to have a YT link would you?

Afraid not, it's some special thing they're doing on Nicktoons network. I know it was mentioned in the episode where that Earth General tried to force Aang into the Avatar State, though.

I think the technique will just die with Katara though, so we might not see Blood-bending in this new series. Though seeing an Avatar like Korra blood-bend could be really awesome.

It would make sense, considering Katara swore she'd never use it after confronting the soldier who took her mother.

Fire & Earth.
Yeah, that movie was really stupid.
Fire-bending was somewhat balanced in the actual series. They just gimped it in the movie.

Fixed for you. Gods that movie sucked.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 04:59 AM