KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Total Recall Remake

Total Recall Remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Total Recall Remake

Len Wisemen is set to direct it

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68374

this is total bullshit its not that old compared to something like The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 09:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

some things should just be left alone,
they are remaking spiderman and it's only been 10 years. christ they remade the hulk and that was only like 4 years.
and the punisher has been remade 3 times.
they are remaking conan too.
i will probably rent total recall and conan just to watch them fall flat on their face. both the originals of those are classics and DO NOT need to be remade!!!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 04:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Going to SUCK!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 05:24 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Going to SUCK!

Prolly.

*disaapointed sigh*

Someone always wants to make money.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 05:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

like len wiseman..

hopefully the cast is good because that will be the only reason why i will see it

Originally posted by dadudemon
Prolly.

*disaapointed sigh*

Someone always wants to make money.

exactly, as long as their money to made and put in someone's pocket, movies will always be remade even though there is no need for it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 06:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Hmmm, former music video director and prodigy of the 'lets keep it flashy yet shallow to broaden the audience' remaking a Paul 'pile on the gore' Verhoeven movie.
Yeah, he might manage to make it more similar to the original story, but will it be as awesome as the original movie? Think not.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 08:07 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

no I am a rare person that actually doesn't mind movies being remade,but this is one movie,that really should be left alone

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 10:20 PM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

This shouldn't happen! Any idea's who's taking Arnie's role?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2010 12:24 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i smell a straight to dvd movie with quality of, Romeros, Day of the dead remake.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 08:30 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Originally posted by darthmaul1
some things should just be left alone,
they are remaking spiderman and it's only been 10 years. christ they remade the hulk and that was only like 4 years.
and the punisher has been remade 3 times.

I wouldn't really consider these remakes, in the case of The Incredible Hulk that was a sequel to the first but with a different cast, and unless they are going to do Spidermans origin in the new film I would say the same applies to this, the same way that Batman Forever is not a remake of Batman.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 11:24 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Dr Mystery
I wouldn't really consider these remakes, in the case of The Incredible Hulk that was a sequel to the first but with a different cast, and unless they are going to do Spidermans origin in the new film I would say the same applies to this, the same way that Batman Forever is not a remake of Batman.

The incredible hulk was a reboot since the first one sucked. And not just because of the new cast but also because the chick had never seen the hulk before. And she did see him in the first.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 05:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo010
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good.... seems , will become better than the first movie. Hope like that.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 05:28 AM
neo010 is currently offline Click here to Send neo010 a Private Message Find more posts by neo010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I would be cool with this if they took the general idea and made a drastically different story with it, but not if it is just the same thing with new actors and new technology. Also, I'm not happy that is at the helm of somebody best known for Underworld movies.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 03:29 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Dr Mystery

The newer Hulk movie was not a sequel in the slightest.

It was a reboot, completely independent of the 2003 Hulk.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 11:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by dadudemon
The newer Hulk movie was not a sequel in the slightest.

It was a reboot, completely independent of the 2003 Hulk.

Correct, i did hear a rumour that Colling Farrell maybe be up for the role of Douglas Quaid.
God help us.
Why are they screwing with these movies that are classic?
Some yes, need a reboot like HULK and Superman returns (with this one just reboot it with an origin story and fight doomsday) even though i loved superman 1 and 2 (donner cut) they are quite dated now and need to be rebooted.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 07:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Farrell is a decent actor and he can do an action flick, imo.

Anyhow, I vote they cast Jackie Earle Haley as Quato:

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 12:48 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

I really don't care whether they remake this movie or not. I love the original one because it was fun and had some cool ideas amid a lot of silly moments. Having this movie being remade and existing alongside the original movie will not destroy the movie imo. It is really silly to think so. On a side note, where the hell is Paul Verhoeven? He has not made a genre movie in ages.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:35 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 08:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by mardook
On a side note, where the hell is Paul Verhoeven? He has not made a genre movie in ages.

Let's hope he was shuttled off to MARS.. permanently! Hahaha.. laughing However, terrible though it is, I actually find Starship Troopers fairly entertaining. *shrug*

It's only a shame that this is being remade in that it's probably impossible for it to be as silly and off-the-wall funny as the original! My favorite line from the original: "Be back in time for Corn Flakes." laughing

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've never read the story that this movie is based on, But i'm guessing the remake is gonna be more closely to it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:43 AM