KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Captain Steven Hiller (Independence Day)

Captain Steven Hiller (Independence Day)
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Captain Steven Hiller (Independence Day)

(please log in to view the image)
Will Smith as Steven Hiller.

I think it's safe to say that it was disaster master Roland Emmerich's Independence Day that pretty much made Will Smith the superstar that he is today.

Steven Hiller is a fighter pilot with the USMC's Black Knight squadron, stationed out of (what used to be) El Toro, who has aspirations of becoming an astronaut. His girlfriend is a single mother who works as a exotic dancer.

Too bad the aliens decide to wreck his 4th of July holiday. All he wanted to do was to propose to his woman and shoot off some fireworks with his new son. As it turns out, he does both on the 4th.

Independence Day is still the shit, even after nearly 15 years.

Trivia: Roland Emmerich sure loves to destroy shit in his movies. Several landmarks he destroyed several times over. Here's the tally (so far, anyway):

1. U.S. Bank Tower, Los Angeles: First building the aliens blew up in ID4. Made a second appearance in 2012, nearly flattening Jackson Curtis' escape plane as it topples over in the big quake.

2. Empire State Building, NYC: First building to be blown up in ID4. First building to be frozen over in The Day After Tomorrow.

3. The White House, Washington D.C.: Blew up in ID4, broadsided by the USS John F Kennedy on a Tsunami in 2012.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2010 07:15 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i liked id4 as it was called.. hiller was very good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 06:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Independence Day owned. All those fools who dislike it because it promotes Amurican ossum and because of it's scientific inaccuracies can kiss my ass.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 07:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Movie was a fun, but a stupid flick. Good for chewing on popcorn and candy.

Smith wasn't anything special in it, basically played the standard Will Smith character, the charming goof who can kick ass when the need arise and dished out the one-liners.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 08:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing special? Nah, he just took out the ****in mothership.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2010 07:33 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

'oh no, you did not shoot that green sh!t at me!'

lol

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 02:31 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 02:36 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

The character's line "Welcome to Earth!" usually makes Top 100 movie quote lists, but other than that its bascially War of the Worlds.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 11:08 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, ID4 is an entertaining movie. WOTW is utter shit. The movies have aliens invading Earth, that's all.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 11:36 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Nah, ID4 is an entertaining movie. WOTW is utter shit. The movies have aliens invading Earth, that's all.

Its the same thing as WOTW even the aliens get defeated by a virus.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 01:36 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Computer virus....Human virus....I don't see the connection.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 02:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Nothing special? Nah, he just took out the ****in mothership.

Jeff Goldblum did, Smith was just the taxi that drove him around, son.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 03:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Goldbloom was also throwing up in a bag out of fear and lack of manliness and it took his stereotype enforcing jew father to make nut the hell up.

Will Smith gets all the kudos.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 03:35 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah he does. Goldblum was just side seat driving.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 05:05 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Goldbloom was also throwing up in a bag out of fear and lack of manliness and it took his stereotype enforcing jew father to make nut the hell up.

Will Smith gets all the kudos.

Who created the computer virus that made victory possible? Goldblum did.

Will Smith was little more than Hoke Colburn, driving around his own Jew.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 03:41 PM
darthmaul1

I enjoyed the movie but for me the rah rah American thing was crap, everyone waiting for the Americans to come up with an idea. And the whole computer virus was stupid. Just watch mars attacks that is way better.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 04:27 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Computer virus....Human virus....I don't see the connection.

Oh well keep thinking i'm sure you will get it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 12:25 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, ones a sickness, ones tech.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 07:40 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Nah, ones a sickness, ones tech.

ID4 borrowed the "virus" idea from WoTW, though with obvious changing.

The "aliens here to annihilate all of humanity", was a copy/paste job.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 4th, 2011 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 09:31 PM