KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Sherlock

Sherlock
Started by: Samurai100

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Watched the final episode of Season 2, kinda expected the ending in a way but I still loved it. I'm gonna love to see how he did it in season but thats not gonna be for a while, filming for it will begin 2013 I heard so I'm guessing a 2014 airing? I have an idea of how he did it but I'll see if I'm right soon enough I'm sure. I prefer the show over the movies to be honest, least an English guy is actually playing the lead role.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 12:14 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Watched the final episode of Season 2, kinda expected the ending in a way but I still loved it. I'm gonna love to see how he did it in season but thats not gonna be for a while, filming for it will begin 2013 I heard so I'm guessing a 2014 airing? I have an idea of how he did it but I'll see if I'm right soon enough I'm sure. I prefer the show over the movies to be honest, least an English guy is actually playing the lead role.
What's your theory?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 07:14 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

My theory: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The way Sherlock survived is obvious. There was a garbage truck right under where he jumped that he could have landed in. They probably pushed the Fake Holmes corpse out after he jumped. This is why Sherlock was so insistent about Watson staying right behind that building which obstructed his view of the switch. Watson was obviously purposefully disorientated by that bike guy who knocked him over, so that he wouldn't be able to correctly identify the corpse Molly pretended was Holmes. How did they make it such a good likeness? The same way Moriarty fooled that little girl into thinking that Sherlock kidnapped her. Maybe he had a dublicate, or maybe its advanced cosmetics or something. Simples.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 08:05 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

^ Thats my theory [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the body they found was fake, they already did it with Irene Adler

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 01:02 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That's what I thought, too, the only thing that confuses me is how Sherlock acted surprised before making up his mind and jumping, which seems weird if it's all planned

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 01:14 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Looks like we may be getting ANOTHER Sherlock Holmes series.

Looks like trouble imo. You yanks should step off.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 08:47 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Nephthys

If it has the similarity of being awesome, I'm all for it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 12:11 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I would be too, except for the probably-irrational fear of my favorite things becoming mainstream and stripped down to cater to the masses. Still, good news I suppose.

Inspired by the show, I did some people reading last night in the bar. Figured out our waitress had a child just from her appearance and demeanor. It was crazy fun.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 02:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I think it's amusing that in attempt to differentiate from the BBC version of Sherlock, a show that the vast majority of tv viewers in North America will never watch, CBS casts Lucy Liu as Watson... leaving them with yet another Bones / Castle / Mentalist / Lie to Me / House dynamic where an eccentric genius with a gift for problem solving teams up with an off sex partner for a will they wont they relationship. Groan.

There are already a dozen shows on network TV in north America that are essentially twists Sherlock Holmes right now with different character names... not sure why we need another.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 06:14 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think it's amusing that in attempt to differentiate from the BBC version of Sherlock, a show that the vast majority of tv viewers in North America will never watch, CBS casts Lucy Liu as Watson... leaving them with yet another Bones / Castle / Mentalist / Lie to Me / House dynamic where an eccentric genius with a gift for problem solving teams up with an off sex partner for a will they wont they relationship. Groan.

There are already a dozen shows on network TV in north America that are essentially twists Sherlock Holmes right now with different character names... not sure why we need another.

Preach it!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 11:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nephthys

America has a habit of taking meh British shows and turning them awesome, so be happy if the US improves on your Sherlock.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 12:47 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Robtard
America has a habit of taking meh British shows and turning them awesome, so be happy if the US improves on your Sherlock.

I saw the US version of the IT crowd...it was awful, the UK version is miles better

However I will say I prefer US office over the UK version, mainly cuz of Dwight, Jim and Michael

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 01:07 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Gafargle..... :drool:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 05:59 PM
annaflax

Re: Sherlock

all the three was amazing

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 09:18 AM
annaflax is currently offline Click here to Send annaflax a Private Message Find more posts by annaflax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Originally posted by Robtard

Like Red Dwarf, Being Human & Shameless? Cos the US versions of those shows are terrible. It works both ways I suppose, I remember there was a Scrubs rip-off in the UK and that was woeful.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 10:22 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Anyway, I thought The Mentalist was Sherlock USA?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 10:23 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Like Red Dwarf, Being Human & Shameless? Cos the US versions of those shows are terrible. It works both ways I suppose, I remember there was a Scrubs rip-off in the UK and that was woeful.

confused

So is this you confessing that you haven't watched the US versions of Being Human and Shameless? Because they are both better than the UK versions... Being Human by a vast and immeasurable margin.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 10:14 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lol @ the fake out.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2014 02:33 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Lol @ everything. Back with a vengeance.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2014 05:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

I liked how they reduced the "how" behind his escapade from that roof to a parody of insane fans and their equally insane theories.

It'll probably remain the only unexplained mystery on this show imo.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 04:21 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote