KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Sherlock

Sherlock
Started by: Samurai100

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will be watching the special in 1 hr and 6 minutes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 03:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I thought that episode was kind of like, really, really, really deep up its own ass. I've just read that Mark Gatiss was criticizing Tarantino the other day for being too indulgent. Rarely has such an ironic and hypocritical statement been said.

It'd have been better [SPOILER - highlight to read]: played as a straight Victorian episode. The present day framing added nothing, and just let there final third fall into total incoherence.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:29 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah I agree. I did enjoy it though.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:52 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

So necro bump and all, but I thought I caught something in the finale that I haven't seen anyone else mention. I wanted to say it to...someone. I don't really have friends who watch Sherlock.

So in the finale (obvious spoiler ahead, and I'm not tagging all of it)...

There's the moment where he has to kill either Mycroft or John. Eurus comes on the comm and says that Jim foresaw this, before cutting to a clip of Moriarty saying "Holmes killing Holmes." But that wasn't it. Eurus got it wrong.

Flash back to S2E3:
Sherlock: Unless I kill myself and complete your story.
Moriarty: You gotta admit, that’s sexier.
Sherlock: And I die in disgrace.
Moriarty: Of course. That’s the point of this.

Moriarty: Off you pop. I told you how this ends. Go on. Your death is the only thing that’s going to call off the killers. I’m certainly not going to do it.

Moriarty: What?! What is it? What did I miss?
Sherlock: You’re not going to do it. So the killers can be called off then. There’s a recall code or a word or a number. I don’t have to die if I’ve got you.
Moriarty: Oh, you think you can make me stop the order? You think you can make me do that?
Sherlock: Yes. So do you.
Moriarty: Sherlock, your big brother and all the King’s horses couldn’t make me do a thing I didn’t want to.
Sherlock: Yes, but I’m not my brother, remember? I am you. Prepared to do anything. Prepared to burn. Prepared to do what ordinary people won’t do. You want me to shake hands with you in hell, I shall not disappoint you.
Moriarty: Nah. You talk big. Nah. You’re ordinary. You’re ordinary. You’re on the side of the angels.
Sherlock: Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.
Moriarty: No. You’re not. I see. You’re not ordinary. No. You’re me. You’re me. Thank you. Sherlock Holmes. Thank you. Bless you. As long as I’m alive, you can save your friends. You’ve got a way out. Well good luck with that. {he kills himself}

So what did Moriarty see there? He saw that Sherlock was like him, willing to kill himself, to go to any lengths to achieve his goals. "Holmes killing Holmes" was indeed prescient, but because he foresaw Sherlock turning the gun on himself. Eurus didn't have the humanity to consider that, and she freaked.

Anyway, I think this is a legit connection between all of it. Any thoughts?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2017 11:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote