KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I like it. I want it now.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 02:36 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I know what bio means but Bioshock gave me an underwater vibe. It's one of those things that you know what you feel but you can't explain why. Sounds silly I know but just go with it just like how I went with you calling me a waffle.

But the difference is, no one cares what you feel or think.

It's called BioShock because the guize are modified with supa powah (Like Plasmids) and that the shock is from messing around with the body or something. Evidently, it still retains that in the game.

Fun Quote I found

quote:
I guess it's about a 'shock to the system'. In this case the system is the human body, much as it was with System Shock 2 (one of BioShock's design premises was alteration of the human body. It also posed the question 'when does a human cease to be human?' (although it seems that these concepts, which might have served as inspiration, have probably become a little diluted through the creative process)).

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 03:37 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

America is so awesome.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 04:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Smasandian
After reading the Levine interview, supposedly this game has no common ground in regards to Rapture and that universe.

It's own separate game. The only reference to Bioshock is the feel of the game aka how the city of Columbia is its own separate character.

In my opinion, it should be called something else because everybody will be confused with the title and assuming its based on Rapture and the first two Bioshocks.

It will be like how Bioshock was a spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2 but there's no connection between them.

It seems they're going to make Bioshock similar to the Final Fantasy series, in that perhaps each game will carry the moniker but not have anything in common with the last game, aside from a few elements.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 04:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
America is so awesome.

If you disregard every other country on Earth.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 04:45 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Nah. If other countries were moar ossum thered be more video games about them

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 05:48 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Unless there is a story branching then it seems cheap to have Bioshock in the title.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 08:10 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
It seems they're going to make Bioshock similar to the Final Fantasy series, in that perhaps each game will carry the moniker but not have anything in common with the last game, aside from a few elements.

Yeah, that's basically what Ken Levine said. He even referenced Final Fantasy.

While I agree that it works with Final Fantasy as of right now, it's because people are used to it.

But with Bioshock, I think it's a bad idea. People will expect that it will be referenced to the the series "Bioshock". It seems that either a. he did this purposefully or b. publisher wanted the name Bioshock for marketing purposes.

It probably won't help that it will play very similar to all the Shock game so people will be extra confused and to me, the name gives out a "we want your money so we named the game very similar to Bioshock 1 and 2 to catch peeps unawares."

I personally don't like the name. It oozes corporateiness.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 11:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Nah.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 02:23 PM
steverules_2

Yes I agree this game is looking great

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 11:23 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's looking really good so far IMO.

Also, Elizabeth is hot.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 03:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That does'nt make sense...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 03:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Is it wrong that I can't force myself to click on any of the links... and all I want is a youtube trailer posted here (*hint, hint*)... Have I really become that lazy?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 03:46 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Something just occurred to me.

Will the horror element be preserved? I mean... It's in broad daylight and stuff. no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 11:24 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Resident Evil 5 was in daylight, and was still a horror game.

wait.....

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2010 12:30 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Screenshot of the Handyman in action:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/07/s...inite-handyman/

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:15 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:16 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

LOL.

Does that answer your question, Nemebro?

edit-

more scans

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...te-screens.aspx

Last edited by Tzeentch on Sep 8th, 2010 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:17 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Screenshot of the Handyman in action:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/07/s...inite-handyman/

LOL "big gentleman"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:25 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

What... What IS this!?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 02:16 AM