KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star War Episodes 1-3 Alternative

Star War Episodes 1-3 Alternative
Started by: Wolverine2006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kickballjedi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Star War Episodes 1-3 Alternative

[QUOTE=14383861]Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Your speculations about the movie aside, at what point is it ever stated by Sidious or Maul that Qui-Gon was expendable and Obi-Wan required? Maul doesn't realize Obi-Wan's plan, he gets confused at why Obi-Wan is suddenly concentrating--hence the in-universe explanation as to why he didn't see that leap coming. And even if he did realize what was happening, do you really think Maul would be willing to sacrifice himself... so that Obi-Wan could survive to train Anakin... who would replace Maul as Sidious' apprentice... years down the road? That's pretty farsighted and generous of a Sith Lord.

Since most of my ideas are based on this theory, I will back it up with canon facts:

1. In RoTS Palpatine explains to Anakin how Darth Plagueis learned to create life using the Force/ Medichlorians. "...so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... "

2. When QGJ meets with the council requesting to train Anakin, he says:
Yoda: A vergence, you say?
Mace Windu: Located around a person?
Qui-Gon Jinn: A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form. It was possible he was concieved by the midi-chlorians.

3. We know that Palpatine was already manipulating events to create the Clone Wars as early as Episode 1 (the Trade Federation Blockade, the order of Clones to produce an army years later). This was his masterplan to eventually become Supreme Emperor of an Empire, set about at least 10 years before events would put him in power.

Why not plan from the boy's birth to eventually make him his apprentice in this new Empire? He knew his master had created the boy, that he would be stronger with the Force than any being ever born (even Yoda). Once he knew who the boy encountered on Tatooine, he saw a chance to have Anakin trained by a rebellious, young inexperienced Jedi in OB1. A Jedi who does not understand the "Living Force" very well per QGJ. But he had to eliminate QGJ so he wouldn't teach the boy. Anakin would be too aware to be fooled by Palpatine's manipulations if QGJ trained him.

Are these sufficient facts to back up my theory ?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

They are not facts, it's all speculation.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
They are not facts, it's all speculation.

*facedesk*

In that case, can somebody please give another reason why Palpatine would send Maul to Naboo, specifically to start a fight with 2 Jedi, ignore 1 through the entire duel, then just stand around until OB1 came up with a strategy to kill him? At least with my explanation there's a reason why the fight would turn out that way.

If my speculation about Anakin being the person Plagueis created from Midichlorians is not fact, can somebody explain to me why GL would have included the midichlorian dialogue in TPM and RoTS? It seemed perfectly placed to spell out Anakin was this creation.

And if none of this is fact, why would Palpatine have any interest in Anakin at all? He had apprentices, he was gaining the power he needed through political manipulation, who cares about some bratty kid from Tatooine. Yet, for some reason he pulls Anakin aside and tells him the tale of Plagueis the Wise just by coincidence, not because he knows Anakin was created by his old master.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
*facedesk*

In that case, can somebody please give another reason why Palpatine would send Maul to Naboo, specifically to start a fight with 2 Jedi, ignore 1 through the entire duel, then just stand around until OB1 came up with a strategy to kill him? At least with my explanation there's a reason why the fight would turn out that way.

If my speculation about Anakin being the person Plagueis created from Midichlorians is not fact, can somebody explain to me why GL would have included the midichlorian dialogue in TPM and RoTS? It seemed perfectly placed to spell out Anakin was this creation.

And if none of this is fact, why would Palpatine have any interest in Anakin at all? He had apprentices, he was gaining the power he needed through political manipulation, who cares about some bratty kid from Tatooine. Yet, for some reason he pulls Anakin aside and tells him the tale of Plagueis the Wise just by coincidence, not because he knows Anakin was created by his old master.
*facedesk* is right.

You are aware that these movies suck balls, right? And everything you just said is endemic to that suckage. They're awful movies that make no sense. Or were you under the impression that by making up explanations for things the movies never explain, that they somehow became good? All of what you said is speculation, and if it had actually been said by the movies, that'd be great. They'd probably be a little better for it. But none of what you said is actually expressed in the films themselves.

Because they suck.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I've kinda stopped asking such questions, Kickball, simply because they reveal holes in the plot big enough to drive a truck through.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 04:33 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote