KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Deleted Scene

Deleted Scene
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Maybe they're going to paste Ewan McGregor in there at the end too next to Hayden's ghost. lol

I like George.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 06:50 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And Mace... and Shaak-Ti.... and Plo Koon.... Heck, let's even add good ole Sidious. After all, he had a bad childhood, we can't really blame him.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 10:06 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Very cool.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 02:32 PM
Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

hehehe

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 04:30 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Wow, I forgot this place existed, it's been so long since I posted...
Glad there's finally some new OT Star Wars goodness to talk about!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
But a beautiful shot nonetheless... Didn't know it existed. It wasn't in the book or the comic. And usually deleted scenes can be found in those.

The scene where Luke builds his saber was in the rough draft and the revised rough draft of the script.
It also made it into the novelisation and the Radio Drama, although there the focus was more on Luke building his saber and talking with Artoo and Threepio about the mission rather than Vader trying to communicate with Luke.
I'll post the extracts when I get the chance.

The scene wasn't included in the shooting script, but, according to John Phillip Peecher's Making of ROTJ book, Hamill was called back in November 1982 to shoot "the scene where he builds his new lasersword" at the same time he did the pick up shots of new dialogue in the X-Wing (to cover the dialogue now missing as the Sandstorm scene had been cut by this point).

Anthony Daniels has also suggested in interviews that he shot part of this scene with Lucas and a small crew.
On top of this, some storyboards and a matte painting have been around on the net for a while (see below), and John Williams even scored the scene - the music heard on this clip was included on the Special Edition soundtrack album, and the liner notes explain: "After a bold resolution of Vader's theme, the music continues with TATOOINE RENDEZVOUS, most of which accompanies a sequence eliminated from the film. In it, Vader uses the Force to contact his son, Luke Skywalker."

My personal feeling, however, is that the first half of the scene was not shot - hence the recycled Vader dialogue, and what is (possibly) a newly constructed shot of Vader in his meditation chamber.
The shots of Vader striding down the corridor seem more likely to have been tacked on from a scene later in the movie which was also cut - scene 70, where Vader strides down the corridor to the elevator to seek an audiecne with Palpatine and is refused acces by the royal guards...

(please log in to view the image)

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 09:25 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by queeq
Yup, although they did kinda put that content in the scene when they both fly off.

But hey, it was shot, maybe it's on the blu ray.

Yeah, sure...I'd just like to see them play it out like they did in the novelization. I know why it was cut - Lucas thought it slowed momentum after the explosive escape from Jabba's Sail Barge. Still...

And Luke building the lightsaber did get into the EU, as a scene in Shadows Of The Empire.
I think part of the reason it was cut - which includes Vader trying to contact Luke from his chamber - was because they wanted to leave the parentage question open until they got to Dagobah, and have Yoda give the definitive 'Yes.'

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Aug 30th, 2010 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 08:58 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by mossman
Wow, I forgot this place existed, it's been so long since I posted...
Glad there's finally some new OT Star Wars goodness to talk about!

The scene where Luke builds his saber was in the rough draft and the revised rough draft of the script.
It also made it into the novelisation and the Radio Drama, although there the focus was more on Luke building his saber and talking with Artoo and Threepio about the mission rather than Vader trying to communicate with Luke.
I'll post the extracts when I get the chance.

The scene wasn't included in the shooting script, but, according to John Phillip Peecher's Making of ROTJ book, Hamill was called back in November 1982 to shoot "the scene where he builds his new lasersword" at the same time he did the pick up shots of new dialogue in the X-Wing (to cover the dialogue now missing as the Sandstorm scene had been cut by this point).

Anthony Daniels has also suggested in interviews that he shot part of this scene with Lucas and a small crew.
On top of this, some storyboards and a matte painting have been around on the net for a while (see below), and John Williams even scored the scene - the music heard on this clip was included on the Special Edition soundtrack album, and the liner notes explain: "After a bold resolution of Vader's theme, the music continues with TATOOINE RENDEZVOUS, most of which accompanies a sequence eliminated from the film. In it, Vader uses the Force to contact his son, Luke Skywalker."

My personal feeling, however, is that the first half of the scene was not shot - hence the recycled Vader dialogue, and what is (possibly) a newly constructed shot of Vader in his meditation chamber.
The shots of Vader striding down the corridor seem more likely to have been tacked on from a scene later in the movie which was also cut - scene 70, where Vader strides down the corridor to the elevator to seek an audiecne with Palpatine and is refused acces by the royal guards...

HGreat post, dude. And good analysis. I do think the Vader shots were leftovers from the ESB shoot.

I wonder then how this scene was meant: just a shot? Or did they really shoot the whole building scene. Now it looks like he is adjusting it or summin...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 07:00 PM
coolmovies

great picture looks cool

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 08:59 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A big version would do nicely as a wallpaper.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 01:34 PM