KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » when are the nolan bros gonna stop bein overrated

when are the nolan bros gonna stop bein overrated
Started by: freakybinx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

My definition of overrated is a little different than what most consider the term today, so I'll go on to explain that:

To me, overrated doesn't mean that the overrated person/group/thing isn't good, it just means they're given more credit than they deserve.

For example, Kobe Bryant is overrated. He's the best player in the NBA, but he's still overrated (being compared to the GOAT, Michael Jordan) Another would be Batman himself. He's the best comic book character, imo, but that doesn't mean that he isn't still overrated (Batman with prep =/= beat everyone)

What I take Nolan being overrated as is different, as well. He's made the best live-action Batman movie of all-time so far (TDK), but it isn't the definitive Batman on-film, from a comics-to-film perspective, as many would believe. There's so much missing from his series that others have, like the atmosphere of Gotham and the aesthetics of Batman's world that Bruce Timm and Tim Burton nailed, imo, and etc.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 11:12 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freakybinx
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
yes.
all i basically said was the nolans didn't stay true to the comics, burton is underrated, and i don't care about haters

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 04:45 AM
freakybinx is currently offline Click here to Send freakybinx a Private Message Find more posts by freakybinx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freakybinx
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bloinky
So I see you put some really well thought reasons into this............But why are they overrated?
as i explained earlier i'm just tired of people referring to them like their gods gift to the world

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 04:49 AM
freakybinx is currently offline Click here to Send freakybinx a Private Message Find more posts by freakybinx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freakybinx
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Aede Madavan
If when you say that the Nolan brothers are overrated what you actually mean is that the Coen brothers are overrated then you would be correct.
you should actually read the thread before posting

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 04:51 AM
Badabing
Karen

Closed. Sock thread.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 05:48 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote