KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Terrax & Firelord

Superman vs Terrax & Firelord
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mshinu

Superman is no Sentry.

Thank god for that.

He's much better than Sentry.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 11:33 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Stoic
Happened right after Spiderman danced a jig on Firelords face. Firelord rose from his KO'ed state, to be greeted by the Avengers, and vowed to get even with Spidey for kicking his a$$ in, Herc tried to reason with him, and when that didn't work Herc floored him, with one punch and broke his jaw.
I seriously question the probative value of a feat that immediately follows the most iconic and quintessential moment of PIS.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 11:36 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I seriously question the probative value of a feat that immediately follows the most iconic and quintessential moment of PIS.

And yet it happened, Was it also PIS to see Firelord taken under by a platoon of space pirates? So they were tough space pirates, but so are Para Demons en masse.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 11:38 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Space Pirates > Para Demons.

"Space" + "Pirates" = two components of pure win that can barely be matched.

You'd have to add "Lesbian" to that to surpass that amount of win.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 11:44 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

And yet it happened, Was it also PIS to see Firelord taken under by a platoon of space pirates? So they were tough space pirates, but so are Para Demons en masse.

You forget said Space Pirates were draining him of energy, iirc.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 11:52 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Happened right after Spiderman danced a jig on Firelords face. Firelord rose from his KO'ed state, to be greeted by the Avengers, and vowed to get even with Spidey for kicking his a$$ in, Herc tried to reason with him, and when that didn't work Herc floored him, with one punch and broke his jaw.

I don't think that ever happened. Hercules punched FireLord across the room. FireLord got up but was rubbing his jaw. I'd say he was ultimately unhurt by the attack.

Still, Hercules did humiliate FireLord by making him do chores like a maid in that arc.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:05 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
You forget said Space Pirates were draining him of energy, iirc.

Yea and Superman's punches would be stealing his energy too. I can hear the sound effects... can't you?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:09 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think that ever happened. Hercules punched FireLord across the room. FireLord got up but was rubbing his jaw. I'd say he was ultimately unhurt by the attack.

Still, Hercules did humiliate FireLord by making him do chores like a maid in that arc.

it did happen, which is why Firelord was unable to talk for several issues. Yea Herc bitched him.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:10 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

it did happen, which is why Firelord was unable to talk for several issues. Yea Herc bitched him.

confused

FireLord talked literally right after Hercules struck him.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:11 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

confused

FireLord talked literally right after Hercules struck him.

What comic are you talking about? I recall Firelord unable to talk because his jaw was broken.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:13 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

What comic are you talking about? I recall Firelord unable to talk because his jaw was broken.

Here's the scene I'm talking about :
(please log in to view the image)
Thanks to AJ.

Lol. Hercules is awesome.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:14 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Here's the scene I'm talking about :
Thanks to AJ.

Lol. Hercules is awesome.

What of the comics beyond that issue? Didn't they say to Firelord not to attempt to speak because of his jaw being broken?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:18 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

What of the comics beyond that issue? Didn't they say to Firelord not to attempt to speak because of his jaw being broken?

I don't remember that happening. Later on, he and Hercules do some community service.

Clearly it wasn't broken from Hercules' punch though.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:32 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I don't remember that happening. Later on, he and Hercules do some community service.

Clearly it wasn't broken from Hercules' punch though.

Ok, I'm pretty sure it was, but it was a while ago, I do recall someone telling him not to attempt to speak because of the injury, but like I said it was a while ago since I read it. All the same,if Herc could do that to him what would Superman do to him, if he hit him multiple times? This image shows that he could, and that it wouldn't take him more than a second to do so either.

Attachment: the blitz.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:39 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Ok, I'm pretty sure it was, but it was a while ago, I do recall someone telling him not to attempt to speak because of the injury, but like I said it was a while ago since I read it. All the same,if Herc could do that to him what would Superman do to him, if he hit him multiple times? This image shows that he could, and that it wouldn't take him more than a second to do so either.

I don't remember such a scene.

Hercules can floor FireLord with a punch. It doesn't mean will Superman will take him down quickly. At all.

And the fact that FireLord can project energy in all directions means what Superman did to Mongul won't work on him.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:43 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I don't remember such a scene.

Hercules can floor FireLord with a punch. It doesn't mean will Superman will take him down quickly. At all.

And the fact that FireLord can project energy in all directions means what Superman did to Mongul won't work on him.

How is Firelord going to be firing energy in all directions while he's getting the beats? I've always thought that in a fight it's a give and take, and while your taking, you can't be giving. Also how is Firelords flames going to hurt Superman? What about good old Terrax, is he also going to be firing omni blasts at Superman while he's taking a speed beating?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:50 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

How is Firelord going to be firing energy in all directions while he's getting the beats? I've always thought that in a fight it's a give and take, and while your taking, you can't be giving. Also how is Firelords flames going to hurt Superman? What about good old Terrax, is he also going to be firing omni blasts at Superman while he's taking a speed beating?

FireLord isn't a punching bag and knows how to defend himself. You thought wrong. Have you never seen a character being blitzed etc. and then scream "enough" while they unleash some type of attack?

If Mongul is able to speak during Superman's blitz, FireLord will be able to counter attack.

They aren't just typical flames. Thor might have been able to tank them but at the same time, they've rocked Surfer. At the very least, it would stop the blitz -if Superman even attempts it- and no, Superman is not going to successfully blitz two heralds at once if that's what your claiming.

I'm not sure whether or not Terrax can project energy in all directions. But with FireLord as his partner, he won't need to.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:55 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Warlord
at the time Rulk was punching Watchers and killing Elders of the universe... Terrax was hopeless
Terrax is always hopeless.

Team loses.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 02:01 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

FireLord isn't a punching bag and knows how to defend himself. You thought wrong. Have you never seen a character being blitzed etc. and then scream "enough" while they unleash some type of attack?

If Mongul is able to speak during Superman's blitz, FireLord will be able to counter attack.

They aren't just typical flames. Thor might have been able to tank them but at the same time, they've rocked Surfer. At the very least, it would stop the blitz -if Superman even attempts it- and no, Superman is not going to successfully blitz two heralds at once if that's what your claiming.

I'm not sure whether or not Terrax can project energy in all directions. But with FireLord as his partner, he won't need to.

Yea I've seen that type of power stunt from characters superior to the one giving the beating, but clearly Firelord would be the inferior, and would have to take the beating. Superman would dictate the blitz and KO him. Then it would be Terrax's turn. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:03 PM
tkitna

Heralds win

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 02:06 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote