KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Respect Ron Burgundy

Respect Ron Burgundy
Started by: Kaibs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Respect Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy

Name: Ron Burgundy

(please log in to view the image)

"There was a time. A time before cable. When the local anchorman reigned supreme. When people believed everything they heard on TV. This was an age where only men were allowed to read the news. And in San Diego, one anchorman was more man then the rest. His name was Ron Burgundy. He was like a God walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr. And suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo. In other words Ron Burgundy was the balls."

-Bill Kurtis

Ron Burgundy Biography

Full Name: Ron Burgundy
Aliases: Papa Burgundy
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Associates: Brick Tamland, Brian Fantana, Champ Kind, Veronica Corningstone, Baxter (Burgundy's dog)
Enemies: Wes Mantooth (Anchorman of Channel 9 news team), Frank Vitchard (Anchorman of Channel 2 news team), Arturo Mendez (Anchorman of Spanish language channel news team), Public news team
Signature Weapon: A wooden bludgeon
Catch Phrase: You stay classy San Diego
Awards: Five time Emmy winner
First Appearance: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Portrayed By: Will Ferrell

A five-time Emmy Award-winning journalist, Ron Burgundy is the main anchor for the KVWN Channel 4 News Team from 1964 to 1977. He is the protagonist of the film. Always confident and well-dressed, he is nevertheless ignorant, egotistical, misogynistic, and narcissistic, stating that he believes "diversity" to be some type of "old, old wooden ship used in the Civil War era." It eventually is revealed that he knows almost nothing of the news or what makes it work, and is a success because he "reads the news quite very well." Despite this he remains the rock for the entire group. He has a great fondness for a good glass of scotch, poetry, and his good friend/pet dog Baxter, and plays a mean jazz flute.

Ron is backed by his KBWN News team associates.

Weatherman - Brick Tamland:

On Field Reporter - Brian Fantana:

Sports Reporter - Champ Kind:

Asides from his news team Ron also has a woman in his life.

Co-Anchor - Veronica Coringstone:

The news team has defended themselves when needed.

Ron Burgundy Quotes

Some of the legendary things Ron has said.

"Oh Baxter you’re so wise. You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair."

"I don't normally do this, but I felt compelled to tell you something. You have an absolutely breath-taking... hiney. I mean, that thing's good. I wanna be friends with it."

"Oops... I almost forgot. I won't be able to make it fellas. Veronica and I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild."

"It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice."

"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

"I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker."

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

"I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago."

"I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you. Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I... I wanna be on you."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay."

"I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science."

"You are a smelly pirate hooker."

"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal."

"BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS"

"BY THE HAMMER OF THOR"

"GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN"

Musical Talent

On top of his talents at being an Anchorman, Ron Burgundy is also a Jazz Flute musician, and he also can sing.

The Jazz Flute:

Ron and the news team singing like legends:

So just remember...

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 11:10 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Fin

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 11:16 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Best respect thread ever!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 02:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Haha thanks mate (:

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 02:53 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Im trapped in a glass case of emotion.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 05:04 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

THE BAD MAN PUNTED BAXTERRRRRRRRR!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 03:36 PM