KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?

Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I disagree somewhat. Satan is not only a concept of a specific religion it can also be seen as a symbol, or a word describing something previously undescribed in English. In that way I understand LaVeyian Satanists, Lucifer is an immensely intriguing character.

Religious Satanists of course have a total different reason, they believe actually that there is a God and a Satan but reject certain Christian teaching, as that they may be rather far out as far as splinter groups of Christianity go, but they are still somewhat Christian ultimately.

I see what you're saying and I somewhat agree.

Hades could be considered Satan if looked from Judeo-Christian perspective, as can Seth. However, I'd say they aren't at all.
In fact, their existence is very important in the grand scheme of things.

I am of belief that there is nothing wrong or weird in worshipping different type of God, or Gods, but in order to be anti-Judeo-Christain Satanist, you must, as core belief, believe in Judeo-Christian ideas of...well, everything.
Both, Satan and Lucifer are not English words, and are largely associated with Abrahamic religions, or should I say, I associate them as such, it may well be different for others. (Satan, his existence and attributes I more associate with Islamic perspective, since it is Shaitan in Arabic, which is almost the same in pronunciation (and Hebrew as well), and Lucifer with Christianity, since it's a Latin word, so that kind of makes sense to me, personally)

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 09:45 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

The cult was called People of Hope and it is a Religion cult in NJ and for what I hear is still going on althrough it is more underground now.Anyway because the devil being a fallen angel I doubt it if it is the other way around.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 02:49 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The cult was called People of Hope and it is a Religion cult in NJ and for what I hear is still going on althrough it is more underground now.Anyway because the devil being a fallen angel I doubt it if it is the other way around.

But that's just what you heard. Maybe God is the fallen angel. And he's lying to you. He wrote the Bible to make himself seem like the good one, even though he's evil.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 02:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

He did not write the bible it was written by his followers.I would say that they know what they are talking about.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 02:53 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Bardock42
But that's just what you heard. Maybe God is the fallen angel. And he's lying to you. He wrote the Bible to make himself seem like the good one, even though he's evil.
Yeah, he's the one...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 03:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

He did not write the bible it was written by his followers.I would say that they know what they are talking about.
If he's the master of lies he could have forged it all perfectly.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 04:32 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

In Judaism Ha-Satan is not some sort of foil to God. He's an Angel that works for God.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 04:33 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's the "word of god".

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 07:16 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Re: Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?

Originally posted by Stoic
I am not a satanist, but I was wondering what people thought of the subject, and those who subscribe to this theology?

What people call devil worshiper or satanists are usually:

a) Practicers of non-christian religions denounced for worshipping 'false gods' that ae conflated with devils by christians, this includes pagans and neopagans.

b) People who are fascinated by the luciferian archetype and reclaim it it as a symbol of self-determination, non-conformism, originality, individualism and rebellion, such as the Laveyan types who are mostly atheists (ironically, most of them are actually extremelly unoriginal and merely imitate Lavey's intelctual production that wasn't all that original to begin with. they also made something of a worship of lavey's character out of their cult/philosophy)

c) It's possible there is half a dozen black metal mongoloids actually believing in and worshipping the christian/muslim demon in their mom's basements

Anyway, devil worshippers who sacrifice children are just an invention of retarded christians.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 08:23 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Originally posted by amnesia
It's the "word of god".

Yes but God did not write it his followers did.That is what I am trying to say, also true but I doubt it,What would be the point?

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 05:06 PM
Bardock42

Yes but God did not write it his followers did.That is what I am trying to say, also true but I doubt it,What would be the point?

To mislead as many people as he can to hell...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 05:08 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

He already does that when ever we are tempted with stuff that are sinful so why do that too?

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 05:14 PM
Bardock42

He already does that when ever we are tempted with stuff that are sinful so why do that too?
Well, it would be a really easy way to get billions of people on the wrong track, with little chance of them ever repenting, cause they believe they know the truth...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 05:21 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

They will find out when they die and go to hell or somewhere else.Like I said he already tempts us so I doubt it if he would want everyone to think that he is God when he hates God.

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 02:50 PM
Bardock42

They will find out when they die and go to hell or somewhere else.Like I said he already tempts us so I doubt it if he would want everyone to think that he is God when he hates God.

Maybe, it's just something to consider. It might be a pretty good strategy.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 03:21 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Theistic Satanism is no different to Christianity.

It is the worship of a comic book character from the Bible, or it's 'Black' version (lulz?).

I might as well worship Pre-Retcon Beyonder since he is probably the strongest fictional character in all literature.

As to being a Satanist, it wholly depends on the person's judgment of what is right and what is wrong.
What is ethically/morally correct to one person, may not be to another, especially to one who follows his/her instincts instead of conscience.

Me... I'd rather follow the Constitution.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 03:24 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yea it does make sence but like I said it doubt it.

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 02:49 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

I'd rather follow the teachings in all the major religions islam christianity buddaism etc

Regardless if you agree or disagree about the concept and presence of God or "Gods" there is no denying a lot of knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation over the centuries through religious teachings.

If you say you're a satanist you're rebelling against history imo. Which is stupid.

Islam Christianity Buddaism and Countless Pagan Religions have respect for life at the core of their teachings. But they also advocate assertiveness

Example 1: Jesus kicking ass at the Temple

Example 2: Gideon using force to repel force when dialogue falied.

Example 3: Muhammed formulating the ethics of warfare (Islamic military jurisprudence) and creating a Nato Type millitary allience circa 630 AD in an effort to bring stability to a heavily millitarized region of the olde world

Example 4 Shaolin Monks creating strategic alliences with the Tang Dynasty

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 03:22 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterscj

What satanists believe

As a satanist, I can surely say that satanism is not in any way the worship of satan. It is the denouncing of all supernatural deities. It focuses on empowerment of man and celebration of life. It would best be described as a subsect of Atheism. Any Satanist that kills is excommunicated from the church. any sort of law breaking is strictly forbidden. A bad satanist would no longer be considered a satanist

Old Post Sep 15th, 2015 02:18 AM
peterscj is currently offline Click here to Send peterscj a Private Message Find more posts by peterscj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, but it means you're hungry for attention

Old Post Sep 15th, 2015 03:26 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote