KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?

Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Re: What satanists believe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peterscj
As a satanist, I can surely say that satanism is not in any way the worship of satan. It is the denouncing of all supernatural deities. It focuses on empowerment of man and celebration of life. It would best be described as a subsect of Atheism. Any Satanist that kills is excommunicated from the church. any sort of law breaking is strictly forbidden. A bad satanist would no longer be considered a satanist
Then why associate yourself with a fictional figure if it basically has nothing to do with it?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 11:08 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Then why associate yourself with a fictional figure if it basically has nothing to do with it?

Basically to be edgy.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 12:48 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by SamZED

Cause it is a figure in the most powerful mythology in the world. It gives you free exposure, as well as making your point in a neat shorthand, also it trolls a shitload of people....it's really just all upside....

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 12:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Cause it is a figure in the most powerful mythology in the world. It gives you free exposure, as well as making your point in a neat shorthand, also it trolls a shitload of people....it's really just all upside....

The wiccan/satanist girl I dated pretty much just doing it to piss off Christians. Which tbh was fun, but its really not a serious religion. More of a social club for angry misfits.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 12:54 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

There are 2 types of Satanists: those who use it as a symbol for rebellion against religious organization, and those who worship Satan himself.

I see no point in worshipping anything evil. If you perform acts of crime to glorify Satan, I guess that makes you inherently evil.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 04:49 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it doesn't make you a bad person. It has nothing to do with the worship of some evil guy who tortures people in hell. But that is the image a lot of people get when they hear the word.

To them Satan was the poster child for rebellion. It's a bit more complex then that obviously, but that is the way in which they interpret Satan. Note that they don't actually believe Satan was real.

Here is the thing though, the biblical Satan didn't commit any atrocities on the level that God did. So if people did worship him why would it be bad? Can anyone answer this?

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 24th, 2015 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 01:30 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i've only ever met one "satanist" irl

he was a depressed metalhead i met at work

he looked and dressed like a metal head and you expected him to be evil and shit just looking at him

but when you got to know him you figured out that he was really peaceful and passive, i asked him to buy some cigs off him one time and he gave them to me and refused to take my money cause "it would bother him morally" or someshit like that

i was like wtf you're the worst satanist ever... lucifer would not be proud

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 04:47 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
No it doesn't make you a bad person. It has nothing to do with the worship of some evil guy who tortures people in hell. But that is the image a lot of people get when they hear the word.

To them Satan was the poster child for rebellion. It's a bit more complex then that obviously, but that is the way in which they interpret Satan. Note that they don't actually believe Satan was real.

Here is the thing though, the biblical Satan didn't commit any atrocities on the level that God did. So if people did worship him why would it be bad? Can anyone answer this?
do you get the sense from reading the bible stories that satan was rebelling out of some righteous cause?

because from what i remember about him, he basically just tries to subvert god's plans for the sake of doing so... it's a power play not a moral stance

and yea the biblical god by our modern standards didn't always act morally... but if you are a modern and secular person i would think you are capable of putting that into the context of the region and time that the biblical stories were made. just like you wouldn't judge the ancient greeks for revering gods that were at times cruel and indifferent to human suffering.

but the biblical god is clearly supposed to be a force of good, from the perspective of the ancient israelite. and satan is only there to subvert him. he's a force of destruction and decay.

so if you are a modern and secular person and you worship that... then yea it doesn't mean you are bad but it makes you look pretty silly imo.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 04:57 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Athiests who call themselves Satanists do so to troll.

Are trolls bad people? Some would say yes, some would say no.

Unless they're Shrek. If so, then we'd have to take into context if we're talking about pre-Fiona Shrek or post-Fiona Shrek. And we can't really call pre-Fiona Shrek bad, either. Just cranky.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:02 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Shrek's an ogre you clod.

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:07 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Shrek's an ogre you clod.

You're right.

Guess all trolls are just that then.

Unless they're them doll trolls. If so, then they're cute and fluffy toys with long hair.

Tho, I don't get the hostility. Bad coffee?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:10 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Coffee's a vile substance, and I will never understand why people drink it.

And I'm merely perturbed you would mistake the identity of the great, benevolent Shrek

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:13 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Coffee's a vile substance, and I will never understand why people drink it.

And I'm merely perturbed you would mistake the identity of the great, benevolent Shrek

I agree, never touch the stuff. I do notice ppl who drink it often tend to get cranky a lot. Was an unfair assumption on my part, I apologize.

Frankly, I'm surprised I got troll and ogre mixed up myself, I'm usually really in tune with animation/fantasy nomenclature.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:15 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

coffee is an amazing luxury of the modern world

**** your life, coffee haters

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:31 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Tea gives me the energy I need without destroying my body.

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:32 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually coffee does not destroy your body you weakling.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:38 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

studies have indicated that coffee helps prevent alzheimers... and its not the caffeine cause tea and other caffeinated products don't yeild the same results

so enjoy your alzheimers, tea drinkers laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:44 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 05:47 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by red g jacks
studies have indicated that coffee helps prevent alzheimers... and its not the caffeine cause tea and other caffeinated products don't yeild the same results

so enjoy your alzheimers, tea drinkers laughing out loud

only weak people get alzheimers in the first place.

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 06:03 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

only weak people get alzheimers in the first place.

Weak people drink tea laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 06:04 AM