KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 6
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Hm, I understand where you're coming from, and nostalgia glasses aside I won't say you're wrong (in having an opinion, that is), but I have to heavily disagree with the specifics you're pointing out here.

If anything, the REmake had -more- tension, -more- creepiness to it, and more -sublime horror-. Between the Crimson heads, the darker ambiance, Lisa Trevor, the twists and turns deliberately meant to mess with the heads of those who had beaten the first game senseless... It's one of the best survival horror games ever made on those grounds alone.

And tbh, I don't agree. The remake, as technically brilliant as it was, really didn't feel as threatening as the original, that "if I'm not careful, the guy around the corner could kill my ass" feeling that permeated much of the game.

The remake was a fair bit easier, and that in itself removed a lot of the tension that had been evident in the original.

In general though, I feel the original had better atmosphere than the remake, and of course the things I mentioned already.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 05:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Collector's edition announced for europe

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2...ced-for-europe/

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 12:47 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wonder what Canada will get...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 08:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Don't we usually get the same stuff as America?

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 04:07 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Don't we usually get the same stuff as America?

Usually yes; I just want to be sure.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 05:18 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

We usually get the Europe stuff but its a pass for me, Most of the things doesn't interest me and the hoodie will most likey be couple sizes too small for me.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 06:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by -Pr-
And tbh, I don't agree. The remake, as technically brilliant as it was, really didn't feel as threatening as the original, that "if I'm not careful, the guy around the corner could kill my ass" feeling that permeated much of the game.

The remake was a fair bit easier, and that in itself removed a lot of the tension that had been evident in the original.

In general though, I feel the original had better atmosphere than the remake, and of course the things I mentioned already.

(please log in to view the image)

I can't agree with you less.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 03:44 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I actually played Director's Cut yesterday, as I'm working my way through the games in anticipation of 6.

Yes, the remake looks beautiful. I remember how impressed I was when I saw the initial screens, and how good it looked when I played it.

Still doesn't creep me out as much as the original did/does.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 04:46 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by -Pr-
I actually played Director's Cut yesterday, as I'm working my way through the games in anticipation of 6.

Yes, the remake looks beautiful. I remember how impressed I was when I saw the initial screens, and how good it looked when I played it.

Still doesn't creep me out as much as the original did/does.

To be fair, the original scared me a lot worse than did the REmake, but then again, I was like 14-15. Huge difference in time.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 07:58 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

To be fair, the original scared me a lot worse than did the REmake, but then again, I was like 14-15. Huge difference in time.

I thought the same, tbh. But after playing the dcut the last couple of days, it genuinely feels more tense/eerie than the remake ever made me feel.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 09:21 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

This is where I ask you how recently have you played the REmake?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 11:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This is where I ask you how recently have you played the REmake?

Last... July, I think it was.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 02:20 AM
colossulrage

How many players can play at once in the normal story mode?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 05:06 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by colossulrage
How many players can play at once in the normal story mode?

Not actually sure...

--

People be pissed, btw:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 10:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So he's pretty much bitching because he didn't read the fine print.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 01:54 PM
Impediment
Endless

Darksyde Phil is an idiot douche bag.

I don't like his videos, either. His commentary is horrible. The first time I played Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, I was hopelessly stuck at one point and decided to look for YouTube help. Well, DSP's video was the one that I watched and even HE didn't know what the hell to do and had to actually end the segment to go do the exact same thing that I did.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 05:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Impediment
Darksyde Phil is an idiot douche bag.

I don't like his videos, either. His commentary is horrible. The first time I played Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, I was hopelessly stuck at one point and decided to look for YouTube help. Well, DSP's video was the one that I watched and even HE didn't know what the hell to do and had to actually end the segment to go do the exact same thing that I did.

Phil does playthroughs, not walkthroughs, the difference being playthroughs are usually first time experiences, so yeah, should have looked up a walkthrough instead.

I personally like most of his stuff, even when he's being an idiot, but I guess each to his own.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 09:55 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
So he's pretty much bitching because he didn't read the fine print.

That, and Capcom's dickish move in the first place.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 10:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Boo hoo.

Your an idiot for buying a game for a demo.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 11:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Boo hoo.

Your an idiot for buying a game for a demo.

Pretty much.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 11:18 PM