KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Council of Taneshla

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Council of Taneshla
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Rianna turns to face her remaining opponent, idly twirling her lightsaber around her before quickly spinning it at his chest.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:14 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Initiative is theirs this turn.

Kalvit does not even react to B's attempt at a shot, but F certainly gets his attention. However, F's rifle has a malfunction and does not fire. C gets a decent hit on Zazez with a Gunslinger tap but does not go all out. The Contact gets sprayed down again, prompting him to duck-and-roll right into the martial artist, who hits him again. Graf is snipped lightly.

Rianna can be the most unhappy as G misses... but taps Assault to avoid the horrible results of failing that attack, hitting her for 7 damage. She responds by slashing at him for 12 damage, and he ripostes with Street Fighter's tap for another 7 damage. You think he may have punched something vital that time...

The Contact does not have your back this time. Instead, he blasts away the repeater-user with a Both Guns tap, toasting him with several heavy pistol shots. Graf snipes her man while Kalvit miserably misses; B taps Eye to get out of the way of the monstrous gatling gun. Zazez continues being largely useless.

----

OPERATION OVERTHROW, Start of Turn 11

Cavern Center

Rianna (LS12): 3/46 [OGu RI PS] [FGu CL] (5F)

Contact (G8): 1/34 [GS] [BB ES] (?)

Kalvit (G12): 3CC(2A 1PR)/16 [10B ES CG] [CC EE] (0F)

Crimson Queen (G11): 1(1PR)/0 (shielded)

Captain B (G8): 3CC(1PR 2A)/0 [CG] [ES] (Kalvit)

Captain C (G12): 1(1A)/17 [MK] [GS] (Zazez)

Captain F (G8): 1(1A)/0 [EE] (Kalvit)

Captain G (C8): 1(1A)/12 [AS] [SF] (Rianna)

Captain I (C10): 1(1A)/0 [MA] (Contact)

Cavern Entrance

Graf (G12): 1/29 [MK EE CF] (0F) (in cover)

Zazez (G8): 2(1PR)/15 [WS ES] (2F) (in cover)

-----

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 02:54 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna hisses in pain before slicing at her attacker again, realizing that once again she underestimated the situation badly.

If they get initiative - use Evade to avoid damage.

Last edited by Peach on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 02:59 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

5-6... means initiative is theirs again. Rianna suddenly blurs to one side as she activates Evade, and he misses entirely. The penalty for missing Rianna is steep- he takes 12 damage automatically as you remove his arm and run him through. This leaves your action free...

Graf opts to cover her allies again, though this time she elect Kalvit and Zazez. Kalvit takes a glancing hit off his pauldron from B, but F switches to a sniper battle with Graf. He does poorly. Graf's covering fire saves Zaz from C's Marksman tap completely.

Zazez finally picks off C while Graf continues the exchange in the sniper fight. Kalvit is tired of being shot at and taps Eagle Eye to eliminate Captain B. The Contact shoots at nippy Captain I.

----

OPERATION OVERTHROW, Start of Turn 12

Cavern Center

Rianna (LS12): 3/46 [OGu RI PS] [FGu CL] (4F) (one turn behind)

Contact (G8): 1/34 [GS] [BB ES] (?)

Kalvit (G12): 3CC(2A 1PR)/20 [10B EE CG] [CC ES] (0F)

Crimson Queen (G11): 1(1PR)/0 (shielded)

Captain F (G8): 1(1A)/8 [EE] (Graf)

Captain I (C10): 1(1A)/6 [MA] (Contact)

Cavern Entrance

Graf (G12): 1/33 [MK EE CF] (0F) (in cover)

Zazez (G8): 2(1PR)/15 [WS ES] (2F) (in cover)

-----

Rianna has an action in hand.

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:23 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Then Rianna will use that turn to advance on the Queen, using Flurry and tapping Riposte and Perfect Strike, swapping Orthodox Guard for Forward Guard. Then her next turn, tap Forward Guard and use Ward.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Your path cleared, you advance on the Queen. She has seated herself on the throne again and has no snide coments to make as your lightsaber descends on her...

Bzzt!

The shield proves to be entirely impenetrable. In fact, you cannot even sense the Queen through it... oh, wait, she is dead already. She is slumped with the nozzle of her pistol in her mouth, whisps of smoking escaping from her lips.

Behind you, the Contact goes thumping to the ground as Captain I taps Martial Artist against him for 9 damage. The man with the piercing rifle taps Eagle Eye against Kalvit, who is much closer and scarier, for 11 damage.

Then both are summarily executed. The situation is over. You won!

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:41 AM
Peach
mordrem

Can Rianna use the Force to shut off the shield? If it could have that sort of effect, she doesn't want to risk it harming her or the rest of her group.

ANYWAY since your edit ruined that...I don't know what to post stick out tongue

Last edited by Peach on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:45 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You can't see a way to shut it off...

The humming of the shield ceases when it turns off suddenly. The fallen "queen" falls from the throne ungracefully and is replaced by a hologram of a figure in black hooded robes. He is laughing softly.

"What the hell is this?" Kalvit asks. Graf keeps her rifle trained on the throne from a distance while Zazez moves up to join you guys around it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:52 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna narrows her eyes at the hologram. Anything that she can recognize?

"I don't know..." she says, pointing her lightsaber at it, just in case.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:53 AM
REXXXX
Networking

No.

"Greetings!" the hologram cackles in a high voice. "Tanic, you didn't tell me how gorgeous our red-headed friend here was! For shame!"

The Contact winces at the use of his name in front of you.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that I should not use your name publically. Some of your work might be traced back to you. My apologies, friend."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

"Wait...what?" Rianna asks, turning to look at Tanic and back at the hologram. "One of you had better explain what this is all about, and quickly. If this was a setup..."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:59 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"No, no!" Tanic says, waving his hands at you frantically. "No set-up! This is my employer, our employer..."

"Mercenaries," the figure says. "My name is Gallador Enkidu. I would offer you much fame and power if you were to stand beside me, but I know what interests you more. Credits. Kill these Jedi and I will pay you triple the amount that they did."

Kalvit and Zazez exchange a glance, then raise their blasters...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:03 AM
Peach
mordrem

"You expect me to believe this wasn't a setup?!" Rianna snaps back in response, raising her lightsaber in a defensive position. "And 'these' Jedi?"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Tanic does not stop to explain. Instead, moving his right hand like a blur, he drops one pistol into its holster, reaches across to his left side, pulls what can only be a lightsaber out of a pouch on his gunbelt, activates it, and brings it across in a sweeping motion. It is not an attack but a gesture; his Combat Push yanks the triple-minigun from Kalvit Retoso and sends it sailing in the direction of the lightsaber's point. He then brings his left side forward and opens fire on Kalvit. Seven successes is 8 damage to Kalvit as the bolts strike him dead-on in the chest.

Tanic is one turn ahead, his display has bought you initiative, it is a Refresh turn, and Kalvit is unarmed.

----

OPERATION OVERTHROW, Start of Turn 14

Cavern Center

Rianna (LS12): 3/46 [OGu RI PS] [FGu CL] (4F)

Tanic (G8): 1/43 [GS] [BB ES] (6F) (one turn ahead)

Kalvit (C5): 1(2A)/39 [10B CG] [CC EE ES] (0F)

Zazez (G8): 2(1PR)/15 [WS ES] (2F)

Cavern Entrance

Graf (G12): 1/33 [MK EE] [CF] (0F) (in cover)

-----

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:20 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna growls with irritation at the situation, knowing that she's not in very good shape to be doing this at the moment. And as Kalvit is unarmed, she'll instead attack Zazez, swapping Orthodox Guard for Forward Guard and tapping Perfect Strike.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You dive after Zazez. He is a skittish creature and his legs give him mobility but you are the better fighter. Nine successes is 15 damage as you slash at him, removing of his robo-legs. He drops his blaster and lunges back at you with his forward claw. He promptly misses and you swipe the rest of his robo-limbs off completely.

Kalvit gets in close trying to overwhelm Tanic and wrestle away his weapons. He socks Tanic for 2 damage; there was a reason he hid behind those gigantic guns.

Graf hesitates.

----

OPERATION OVERTHROW, Start of Turn 15

Cavern Center

Rianna (LS15): 3/46 [FGu RI PS] [OGu CL] (4F)

Tanic (G8): 1/45 [GS] [BB ES] (6F)

Kalvit (C5): 1(2A)/39 (0F)

Zazez (C7): 1/36 [WS ES] (2F)

Cavern Entrance

Graf (G12): 1/33 [MK EE] [CF] (0F) (in cover)

-----

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 04:39 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:34 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna's not too surprised that Graf isn't attacking; she is far more disciplined than the others did.

"Just walk away, and I'll let you go alive," Rianna says, pointing her lightsaber at Zazez but not attacking. She doesn't want to kill them if she doesn't have to.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Zazez yelps and starts to flee when a laser bolt slices through his stomach. Graf looks rather pleased with her shot.

Kalvit does not accept any invitations to walk and pays the price for it. As he tries to punch Tanic again, the Jedi tosses his lightsaber into the air and smoothly re-draws his second pistol. Kalvit is knocked back by the force of Tanic's shots when he taps Gunslinger and Both Guns Blazing, managing 12 damage.

Tanic then drops both guns, then reaches up and catches his now-falling lightsaber in both hands. He twists it around and drives it downward into Kalvit's chest, killing him instantly. He stands there for a moment to make sure his attacker is dead then powers down his blade.

The hologram of Gallador is laughing merrily and clapping.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:48 AM
Peach
mordrem

"What is going on here?!" Rianna asks impatiently after the fight has ended. "I want to know. Everything. Now."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"What would be the fun in that?" Gallador's hologram snickers. "I will try to make things easy for you. You must do the rest. Master Rand once again extends his invitation to you to join his New Order. Do you accept? Either of you?"

"Master who?" Tanic asks. "You just tried to kill us!"

Gallador ignores him and stares intently at you.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:18 AM