KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Unfairly overrated and underrated artists

Unfairly overrated and underrated artists
Started by: KMCmember

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

California Gurls is catchy (although almost identical to Tik Tok), but Katy Perry doesn't sing it live well, and she isn't to be credited for the song itself since she didn't have a role in making it other than co writing it (and the lyrics aren't that good).

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 04:26 AM
KMCmember is currently offline Click here to Send KMCmember a Private Message Find more posts by KMCmember Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KMCmember
btw, edited that post

I know what underrated means, hence why in the OP I also stated that some are those that get bashed too much.

Justin Bieber has a HUGE amount of haters when he actually isn't as bad as the haters think. Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus also do, to a lesser degree even though they're actually talented.

Demi Lovato has few haters but doesn't get as much attention as Miley and Selena. Maybe she'll get more popular as time goes on though, since she's relatively new.

Lady Gaga is infact musically talented. I will agree with that. She can play the piano. She's no John Legend or Alicia Keys on it, but she can play it. She's not underrated in any way shape or form though. So you are infact wrong there. Miley Cyrus? She can play the guitar. Thanks to her father. However she also isnt underrated. Having haters like I said doesn't make you underrated. It just means you have haters. Big deal. Everyone has haters. Even The Beatles has haters.

Do those haters know what they're talking about? people who just say they suck blah blah blah. Without giving reason? they're most likely just hating them bc they want to. People who actually can back it up to why they don't like them well then you really don't any right to criticize them especially when you're trying to call them underrated. That's like you trying to compare someone like Miley Cyrus to someone like Mariah Carey. Which would be beyond stupid, when we both know Mariah is leagues above her.

If all you're worried about is haters to back your claims up you should make a new topic, that is asking why people hate them instead of callling them underrated.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 04:29 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kaibs
Lady Gaga is infact musically talented. I will agree with that. She can play the piano. She's no John Legend or Alicia Keys on it, but she can play it. She's not underrated in any way shape or form though. So you are infact wrong there. Miley Cyrus? She can play the guitar. Thanks to her father. However she also isnt underrated. Having haters like I said doesn't make you underrated. It just means you have haters. Big deal. Everyone has haters. Even The Beatles has haters.

Do those haters know what they're talking about? people who just say they suck blah blah blah. Without giving reason? they're most likely just hating them bc they want to. People who actually can back it up to why they don't like them well then you really don't any right to criticize them especially when you're trying to call them underrated. That's like you trying to compare someone like Miley Cyrus to someone like Mariah Carey. Which would be beyond stupid, when we both know Mariah is leagues above her.

If all you're worried about is haters to back your claims up you should make a new topic, that is asking why people hate them instead of callling them underrated.

In my OP my underrated list was specified to also include singers that get bashed too much.

Sure the Beatles have haters, but a very small number of them. Justin Bieber has a huge number of haters (his Baby music video has more dislikes than likes on YouTube) that hate him
for stupid and childish reasons.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 04:40 AM
KMCmember is currently offline Click here to Send KMCmember a Private Message Find more posts by KMCmember Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

In my OP my underrated list was specified to also include singers that get bashed too much.

Sure the Beatles have haters, but a very small number of them. Justin Bieber has a huge number of haters (his Baby music video has more dislikes than likes on YouTube) that hate him
for stupid and childish reasons.

And there are also Bieber homers who love him and say he's the best shit since sliced bread for stupid childish reasons. It's a double edged sword. The Beatles are amazing because they literally were. Justin Bieber is nothing to brag about. He's also not the worst thing ever, but he definitely won't be making a case to go into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame any time soon.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 04:43 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Re: Unfairly overrated and underrated artists

Overrated:

Nas - maybe I'm wrong on this one; he had great lyrics, often times good message and sometimes good beats, but often times his beats were wack and boring
Big L - very talented and good punchlines, but a little repetitive - I suppose that he would have improved with time.

I don't think so. If anything, Big L is underrated. Both are two of the best to ever do it.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 02:45 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Anglia

KMCmember, you clearly don't know much.

Overrated: Muse

Underrated: Wire.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 03:03 AM
King of Anglia is currently offline Click here to Send King of Anglia a Private Message Find more posts by King of Anglia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

I got this......

Underrated - THRICE!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 10:33 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

And there are also Bieber homers who love him and say he's the best shit since sliced bread for stupid childish reasons. It's a double edged sword. The Beatles are amazing because they literally were. Justin Bieber is nothing to brag about. He's also not the worst thing ever, but he definitely won't be making a case to go into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame any time soon.

Well yeah, there are some people who overrated Justin Bieber, but that isn't my point. There are many people that think that hate Justin Bieber for stupid reasons such as "omg he has a high pitched voice!".

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I don't think so. If anything, Big L is underrated. Both are two of the best to ever do it.

Big L is underrated by the general population and overrated by some hip hop heads IMO. He was very talented, but a lot of his songs were repetitive. Maybe he would have gotten much better if he had lived for a little longer.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 03:55 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Well yeah, there are some people who overrated Justin Bieber, but that isn't my point. There are many people that think that hate Justin Bieber for stupid reasons such as "omg he has a high pitched voice!".

Big L is underrated by the general population and overrated by some hip hop heads IMO. He was very talented, but a lot of his songs were repetitive. Maybe he would have gotten much better if he had lived for a little longer.

It may not be your point, but you're failing to use logic at all. Your point is a double edged sword and can be used both ways. You should just stop before you dig yourself in a bigger hole than you already have. As I stated before. You can have your opinions on whatever you like.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 04:59 PM
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

It may not be your point, but you're failing to use logic at all. Your point is a double edged sword and can be used both ways. You should just stop before you dig yourself in a bigger hole than you already have. As I stated before. You can have your opinions on whatever you like.

In the OP I had the overrated section and the underrated/bashed too much section. Obviously Justin Bieber isn't underrated, so therefore he would fit in the bashed too much part. I'm not denying that Justin Bieber I'd overrated by a few of his fans, he he has more haters than fans that overrated him (not that he has more haters than fans).

Also, Proof might have been underrated.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 09:21 PM
§P0oONY

You're just trolling KMCmember... we all know it.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 10:34 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY
You're just trolling KMCmember... we all know it.

Do you care to actually provide a rational argument supporting your position?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 12:06 AM
Darth Martin

I think I understand what your trying to say. Like Nas, his voice is monotone. He doesn't have the charismatic mic precense of an Eminem or ability to switch flows like Jay-Z.

He's still definately better than Hov, not sure about a prime Eminem. His freestyle literally put Hov to shame(whose was kind of nice itself).

He may be monotone in voice delivery and not have a very large catalogue but......Biggie doesn't have a large catalogue and he's often referred to as the GOAT(I don't subscribe to that theory as I feel prime Eminem, Big L, and Nas are better).

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 12:30 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Overrated:

Lady GaGa
Justin Beaver
Kanye West
Jay-Z
Ke$ha
Soulja Boy
Waka Wocka Flame

Underrated:

Porcupine Tree
Aesop Rock
Immortal Technique
Skindred
Street Sweeper Social Club
August Burns Red
HORSE The Band

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 06:02 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Overrated:

Lady GaGa
Justin Beaver
Kanye West
Jay-Z
Ke$ha
Soulja Boy
Waka Wocka Flame

Underrated:

Porcupine Tree
Aesop Rock
Immortal Technique
Skindred
Street Sweeper Social Club
August Burns Red
HORSE The Band

Lady Gaga deserves to be famous because she actually has talent. LOTS of talent. Justin Bieber is perhaps not as good as some of his fangirls think he is, but he's still talented. I agree that Kesha is overrated though, since she isn't that good of a singer - or rapper.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 07:33 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lady Gaga deserves to be famous because she actually has talent. LOTS of talent.

Don't know about the talent but she certainly has balls...Literally.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:16 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
Don't know about the talent but she certainly has balls...Literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:17 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:19 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCmember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbrvi2UEmE

Basically, you think that Lady Gaga's gender is more important than her actual talent and hard work.

BTW, that was her underwear.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:35 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Basically, you think that Lady Gaga's gender is more important than her actual talent and hard work.

BTW, that was her underwear.

I don't think either are important because I don't think she/he or his/her work has any importance in music at all. 40 years from now people will still be listening to the Rolling Stones....No-one will even remember Lady Gaga.

Why...Because they create music for the music...To people like her music is just the vessel with which to perpetrate their image...Music, to them, is a side show...A distraction.

I'm all for theatrics in stage shows but the music is 1st and the stage show should be the extras...Not the other way around.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 11:34 PM