KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Hero High 3: A New World (Reg and OOC)

Hero High 3: A New World (Reg and OOC)
Started by: The Big O

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (118): « First ... « 114 115 [116] 117 118 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starryknight

I personally can't wait, Sam is going to go on a murdering spree! seriously some of our characters are gods compared to regular humans.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:51 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Isn't that partly the idea?
Who wants to play average joe in an rp like this? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:07 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
I like it, sounds less rigid in terms of what you can do.

Is there a faction besides the Crusaders or would you be on your own? I mean, say a character has a problem with the Crusaders killing people, whether out of naivety or a code, and refused to join. Are they then left to fend for themselves, or are they considered "standing in the way"?

And just to be 100% clear, if we had a student character before, they are Heroes now? Or, would have been had the attacks not taken place.
There are probably dozens of other factions besides the Crusaders. I probably should have made that more clear. However, the Crusaders are going to be the most prominent group against the new mandate for supers that going to be in the RP. At least, at first.

I also should have expressed that the Heroes are still a team, for the most part. Therefore, they are the yen to the Crusader's yang. They are just laying extremely low. And how they are going to handle the situations are gonna play a big part in the story. This will largely be based on how everyone uses their character(s) if they were already a Hero.

How I would like the Crusaders to be played out as is having a survivalist's code of ethics. While they will and have killed, it was only because they were saving their own skin. They don't do it just for fun. They also live by the code, "Live and let live."

They are protectors of their own kind but they are not trying to enforce their own beliefs on others. If a super doesn't want to go underground with them, they are not going to make them. Simple as that. They help those who want help.

Considering the statuses of graduating student; the choice would have been all their's if the school hadn't been blown to bits. While the Heroes were not training the students for any type of recruitment purposes, they would be open to the fact that some student may have had the potential to be heroes. So, the best I could tell you is that it really depends on where you intend on taking your character.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Eh...it reeks of Civil War, which kinda turns me off..but it should be interesting to see how certain characters try to interact with the discrimination. Scenario's questions hilight the main concerns I have at this point, so an answer there will satisfy me.
Civil War......? Like when blacks were fighting for their rights after slavery? How does this remind you of that??????

Originally posted by MadMel
Scen pretty much hit the nail square on. It seems unlikely that the crusaders would be the only resistance group out there. If the super hero crackdown was worldwide, then there would realistically be hundreds of groups popping up everywhere. The crusaders would simply be known as being the most ruthless.
While this is true, we're just going to focus on what's going in the vicinity of the Heroes. They have a lot of personal things to handle and it could get convoluted in trying to deal with more groups than we need to.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:09 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

I think Xan is referring to 'civil war', the marvel series, where Cap. America and Iron Man pretty much divide all the heroes between those who hide their true identities, and those who openly acknowledge that they are heroes and wage war on each other. At least that's the gist of it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:12 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

OOOOHHHHH!!!! I don't really keep up with comics. So ignore that then.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:18 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

The whole story revolved around a super hero registration act, so like Xan said, it's very similar to the story you're proposing.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:31 AM
The Big O
The Original O

Hmm....well that sucks erm Especially for the people who're familiar with what Xan's referring to. I thought I was being original for the most part. I knew that something like this was probably done before in some comic seeing as there's thousands but I didn't think it'd be a total rip off.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:46 AM
starryknight

I too don't keep up with comics and thought the same as you O. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:47 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

It's not a total ripoff. Even if they start similar there's a lot that can change. Don't stop just because of that similarity. smile

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:53 AM
The Big O
The Original O

Starry, love

I'm not gonna stop, Mel. Its just a tad bit disappointing that thus already sounds like something else. But whateves. We'll still have fun.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 03:00 AM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

It's fine O. Fact is that the world is so vast now a days that hardly any idea is original anymore. The idea for a school that trains people with powers was never really original but that never stopped it from being successful. Just ignore the thought and don't be disappointed. So long as you weren't consciously ripping something off, you have nothing to be upset about. You were being original; someone just beat you to the punch with that original idea. Make sense?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 04:48 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

BTW What happens to strike force now are they still them or there the ones who start the crusaders

~Decretum~

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:32 AM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Didn't mean to lower your spirits there, I just have a few issues with Marvel over that particular story arc. It wasn't the only similarity I drew up, though, it was just the one I voiced. I could also mention how it reminds me of The Incredible, along with how the entire foundation concept is similar to X-Men, but really, everyone is right. Regardless how it might sound from the outset, it's the players that will shape the story, and it may have some similarities, but largely it will become its own beast, and that is something I'm certainly looking forward to.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:07 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Hopefully you didn't make it worse with that last comment Xanatos..

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 12:18 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm sure he's at least heard of X-Men, whether he's a comic geek or not, so that shouldn't bother him. Nor should The Incredibles. Both are amazing properties, and it's more of a compliment that I compare the premise to them. Again, I have personal issued with the civil War marvel story, and that's only a tangential gripe. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:53 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Eh...it reeks of Civil War, which kinda turns me off..but it should be interesting to see how certain characters try to interact with the discrimination. Scenario's questions hilight the main concerns I have at this point, so an answer there will satisfy me.

Eh...it reeks of Civil War, which kinda turns me off..

it reeks of Civil War, which kinda turns me off..

QUOTE=14003091]Originally posted by XanatosForever
it reeks which kinda turns me off..[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=14003091]Originally posted by XanatosForever
turns me off..[/QUOTE]

hmm...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 08:04 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

You should be more focused on the kinda, hun. If it was really such a massive turn off I would have already pulled out of this altogether.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 08:45 PM
starryknight

I'm just teasing Xan...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 09:35 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Sorry. Sometimes I get defensive. I'm also notoriously bad at discerning humor.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 10:15 PM
starryknight

np it was that funny anyways stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 10:30 PM