KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why did the Republic use the Clone Army if they knew it was created by the Sith?

Why did the Republic use the Clone Army if they knew it was created by the Sith?
Started by: Anakin_the_Hutt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Why did the Republic use the Clone Army if they knew it was created by the Sith?

The creation of a Republic army was being opposed by a Senator. Because of her opposition, she was trying to be silenced by an assassin. That assassin was revealed to be working for the Seperatists - led by a fallen Jedi, who was building an army of droids to fight the Republic. A Clone Army is discovered and the assassin working for the Seperatists was revealed to be the host for the Clone Army. This army was ordered by a dead Jedi - without the authorization of the Jedi Council - and a Jedi was discovered to have erased the location of the Clone Army from the Jedi Archives.

Was it not obvious the Clone Army had direct ties to the Seperatists? If you're going to fight a war - why would you fight with an army that was sent to you by the enemy?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

It's a GAPING hole in logic. Does ANYBODY have an answer that can be pulled from the films?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
It's a GAPING hole in logic. Does ANYBODY have an answer that can be pulled from the films?

I can hardly imagine that Amidala was the only senator that didn't like the idea of an Army of the Republic. And she sure as hell wasn't targeted by an assassin because of the way she stood on the matter. It was just because Gunray wanted her dead. It's really just that simple.

There were no clear ties between the army and Dooku/Sidious. The army was ordered by Sifo-Dyas, not the Sith. Palps just used it when it came along.

Oh and here's the logical reason you crave for:

Why waste a good army when you are in need of one?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

There were CLEAR ties between the army and Dooku/Sidious. The Jedi knew Jango Fett was the host for the Clone Army - and they also knew Jango was working for Dooku and the Seperatists.

Padme's death would have been "two birds with one stone". She WAS being targeted for her anti-army sentiment...so that the vote for one would pass - BUT ALSO, it was a condition that Gunray required if he was to join the Seperatists.

But if you knew that good army was supplied to you by the enemy - you'd still use it? It's kinda like walking into a trap...willingly. Who knows where their loyalities lie? It could all be a set up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 02:25 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Padme's death would have been "two birds with one stone". She WAS being targeted for her anti-army sentiment...so that the vote for one would pass - BUT ALSO, it was a condition that Gunray required if he was to join the Seperatists.

No she wasn't. It was merely an excuse to get the attention off Gunray, which worked, as you can see in the scene in Palps' office.

quote:
But if you knew that good army was supplied to you by the enemy - you'd still use it? It's kinda like walking into a trap...willingly. Who knows where their loyalities lie? It could all be a set up.

Lama Su: "We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host."

Basically that translates into: "They will do whatever you tell them to do."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Palpatine needed Padme out of the way if was to have his army. That's a fact. Gunray was the cover he needed: "It was Gunray who wanted to kill her, out of revenge." Gunray wasn't running anything. I know deleted scenes aren't canon - but Padme says, "I have led the opposition to building this army, and someone will stop at nothing to assure it's passage."

She follows this train of thought in Palps' office when she says, "I think Count Dooku was behind it (her assassination attempt)." The Jedi thought it was disgruntled spice miners and impossible that Dooku was capable of such an act. But, Padme was right, Dooku was behind it.

Remember, Dooku is working under Palpatine. With Padme dead or gone - he could have his army. In fact, with her gone, he manipulated Jar Jar into pushing the vote by doing "as Padme would"; to give him Emergency Powers to create an army.

That was the idea behind the assassination attempt. Gunray wasn't running anything, in fact - Dooku said Gunray had came to him for help.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 06:42 PM
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Still, you have a group of soldiers that are given to you that, yeah, take any order without question - but you KNOW the enemy handed it to you - at the MOST convenient of times. That would throw up a bunch of red flags to me. It's hard to believe no one inquired more as to the shady-ass origins of the conveniently available Clone Army.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:04 PM
darthmaul1

Amidella didn't want it and neither did organa, but they didn't have a choice in the matter they would of been walked over by the sepratists if they hadn't used the army. plus Padme had left and Jar Jar was the one who suggested to give supreme power to the chancelor, and he was the one who decided to use the army. (all part of his grand plan)
the jedi were curious about this secret clone army but their back was against the wall and they didn't have a choice.

You could have a similar argument with the end of episode VI.... did the whole empire just give up after the death of vader and Palps?? doubt it but that's what we see.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:36 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
original spawn

All the complete answers are on the expanded universe, the films leave some unknown facts but the EU answers to it.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:43 PM
Click here to Send original spawn a Private Message Find more posts by original spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

True - you could say that they had no choice. Either accept the dirty clones or be trampelled. Palpatine did have the Republic's back against the wall...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:45 PM
General G
Canadian.

There were CLEAR ties between the army and Dooku/Sidious. The Jedi knew Jango Fett was the host for the Clone Army - and they also knew Jango was working for Dooku and the Seperatists.

Jango Fett was a bounty hunter. He works for whoever offers the most credits, it doesn't mean he was loyal to the Separatists and Dooku.

And Jango asked for a single clone, not enough to make an army out of. The rest is explained by others in here. The clones were made to be less independent and would follow orders.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:47 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Jango is inconsequential to the question. He a mere tool: the supplier of DNA.

THe real issue is that the Clone Army was ordered by Syfo Dyas, a cover or the name of a Jedi renegade most likely influenced or ordered by Sidous. So it's clear the Clone Army was not ordered by the Republic or the Jedi... leaves us with the antagonists: Sidious and/or seperatists. Which makes the question very valid... and unanswered. But as always in the PT: things don't happen for a reason in the story, they happen because the plot requires them to.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 10:56 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Another thing is Kamino was wiped from the Jedi database. Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 11:28 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Prolly the work of the same mysterious Syfo Dyas... who MIGHT be Dooku, but we have no idea. Plus it'd be strange that such a well known renegade Jedi would be able to sneak in the Jedi Temple without being seen...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 09:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Say whatever you want, anyone with a QI superior to 50 would not use that clone army, at least not after genosis battle. That's why the prequels will never be as good as the originals, because here everything is plot driven, and everybody does what the plot wants them to do, no matter how illogical it is...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 12:43 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Darth Angel
Say whatever you want, anyone with a QI superior to 50 would not use that clone army, at least not after genosis battle. That's why the prequels will never be as good as the originals, because here everything is plot driven, and everybody does what the plot wants them to do, no matter how illogical it is...

laughing The fact that you wrote QI instead of IQ, made me LOL. However, I agree with your point 100%.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

UNANIMITY!!!!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 06:17 PM
Darth Angel

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing The fact that you wrote QI instead of IQ, made me LOL. However, I agree with your point 100%.

Lol, sorry, bad habits, in my home country we write QI instead of IQ

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So you were being smart?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 01:26 PM