KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Jack Dawson (Titanic)

Jack Dawson (Titanic)
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Jack Dawson (Titanic)

(please log in to view the image)
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson.

Let's see...my girlfriend thinks Leonardo DiCaprio is hot. I think that James Cameron is by far one of the best directors ever. So it's obvious that we can compromise on Titanic.

And since she knows I hang around the respect threads, I am simply honoring her request to do a respect thread on her facorite character.

Not much is known about Jack Dawson. He was born in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin sometime around 1892 (making him 20 by the time of Titanic). Orphaned at a young age, he becomes a drifter, travelling the world. He is also a talented artist, as seen in the movie.

After his European Tour, he heads back to America on Titanic with tickets which he won at a poker game. There, he meets socialite Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) and things take off from there.

Too bad that Jack does not live at the end. My girl cries everytime she sees him die from hypothermia. I just like watching the ship sink, as Cameron's version proved to be the most accurate of the movies based on Titanic.

Trivia:

- Leo DiCaprio can't draw in real life. It was Cameron himself who drew Winslet in her birthday suit. Also, Cameron is left-handed, so the scene was reversed to make it look like it was done with his right hand.

- James Cameron has two cameos in the movie:
1. Guy with the gray beard seen when Lovejoy comes down the stairs during the third-class party.
2. Standing behind Fabrizio on the deck waiting for a lifeboat when Murdoch starts shooting.
3. Recognize the guy who plays 1st Officer Lowe? That's Ioan Gruffund, pre-Mr. Fantastic.
4. The Irish mother seen in the beginning ushering her two kids and at the end of the movie is Jeanette Goldstein (Vasquez in Aliens, and John Connor's foster mother in T2).

- Titanic remained the top film of all time until Avatar (also a Cameron film) came out. Ironically, it lost Best Picture to Cameron's ex-wife (Kathryn Bigelow) who directed The Hurt Locker.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 06:24 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Should have told the fat ***** to scoot over.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 09:09 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatherineQiu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Forever Classic

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 06:01 AM
CatherineQiu is currently offline Click here to Send CatherineQiu a Private Message Find more posts by CatherineQiu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

gay.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 06:05 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
gay.

this

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 03:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, the movie was gay, but Jack had balls of solid rock.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 07:50 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Only because they froze in the icy waters of the Atlantic.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 06:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Only because they froze in the icy waters of the Atlantic.
I laffed.

Seriously, would have cut that cow open and hid inside her for warmth.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 10:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I could see it now...Jack cutting her open and then saying 'And I thought they smelt bad...on the outside.'

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 11:39 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fat girls need love, too, man.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 12:02 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote