How come no one made this thread yet? There is a Batman 3 official thread, X-Men: First Class official thread, Superman Reboot official thread, and there used to be a Spider-Man 4 official thread until it got canceled. Someone had to make this thread eventually.
Discuss here all of your ideas and thoughs on the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Enjoy .
cool,bout time the lizard made his appearance and PLEASE tell me you are joking that Emma Stone will play Gwen Stacy? Stone would be good as mary jane.much easier to die your hair red for a brunette than bond,plus its critical to get an actress that had blue eyes,thats why they cast ron howards daughter as gwen in the last one because of that,they said so themselves.better make sure she wears contacts or this casting choice will suck.
Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 30th, 2010 at 06:21 PM
Ok, so I thought about it, and I honestly do think that they're doing the whole "Spider-Man" reboot wrong. Here's how I would do it.
1) Make a love triangle between Peter, Gwen, and MJ. Honestly, we need to have it, and a real one this time like in the comics. Pete's a mac daddy straight up, and he needs to choose between the flirtatious college girl and the spicy redhead.
2) Put J. Jonah Jameson in the film. I'm almost insulted that he isn't going to be in it. He is one of the most important characters of the Spidey mythos, and needs to be there for anything to work.
3) No freak creature like the Lizard for your first villain. You need an accidental supervillain to balance out the accidental superhero, so get someone who gets his powers in a freak accident like Peter, but uses them for personal gain. The first villain that comes to mind for me is Electro. Electro in the comics is the definition of a loser thats power goes to his head, but he never learns responsibility. Then in the sequel, you introduce the evolution of supervillains by bringing in criminal masterminds (possible reintroduction for the Green Goblin or Dr. Octopus), and then later take on more "out there" foes such as Venom, Rhino, and Sandman.
4) Cut Andrew Garfield's hair, and get him out of that horrible hipster clothing. I'm sorry, but have you seen him in this movie? He looks like an actor trying to get the part as Edward Cullen. It's distracting beyond belief.
5) No origin story. Period. We know the story, and if you really do it again, we won't care. The best way to go is have Spider-Man almost finished his first year of crime-fighting, just going into college where he meets Harry and Gwen for the first time (and delve into the Peter/Flash rivalry), and introduce the first supervillain to the world.
Oh, and John Cena should sign on as the Juggernaut (but for "X-Men" of course, although a Juggy story would be amazing), as well as Bill Goldberg for the Rhino.