KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hitman 5

Hitman 5
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...ions-as-add-ons

Interest went from a definite buy to flatlining quick. Getting real tired of this episodic bs.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 11:10 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I just wait until it all gets released before thinking of buying. That's what I do with Telltale developed games.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 11:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was a big fan of the gameplay trailer, so I'll personally wait and see how it turns out. I'm not against episodic content as a concept, so the execution will be what matters to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 11:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Me neither. It is kind of annoying how companies are now doing it when it really doesn't make sense to do so. It works with Telltale games or other heavy story light gameplay series but something like Hitman? Nah.

I ****ing hope EA releases Mass Effect 2 Remaster in an episode format. Who wouldn't want to play a story mission plus character side mission per episode!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 01:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 02:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Me neither. It is kind of annoying how companies are now doing it when it really doesn't make sense to do so. It works with Telltale games or other heavy story light gameplay series but something like Hitman? Nah.

Agreed, thumb up

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 05:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But for the life of me, I'm not understanding the benefit on releasing in episodes. Is it about limiting risk? I'm not sure.

I understand a game like Walking Dead gets released in a episode format. It's based on a show and it's an extremely linear experience.

But a game like Hitman? What, after the mission, do you just walk around and turn in normal life mode where nobody knows you kill people. Do you do laundry? Or maybe some groceries? Do you grab a drink with friends? It's kind of dumb.

A game like Alan Wake was designed to be an episode format but was released with the whole game and it worked brilliantly because it gave me a good time to turn the game off when I needed to do something.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 01:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's the "in" thing now, I guess. Plus, it's Square-Enix. They're already doing it with FF7, so it could be a company mandate.

But no, it doesn't make sense from a narrative point of view.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 05:34 PM
Arachnid1

Damn it. I wanted to hate this game because of the episodic sh*t, but that looks sooo good. I have to get it. Comes out Thursday night btw

PWNT

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 12:13 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've got it bought and preloaded. I'm also playing the entirety of absolution today to prepare myself. I'm pretty hyped.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 11:03 PM
Arachnid1

Guys, this is the best stealth game I've played in years. The whole "lack of content" argument is legit if you cant stand going back through missions to accomplish challenges and contracts in different ways. If you can, it has tons of replayability. I squeezed out hours from each of the prologue missions alone. They could have made a bunch of missions like the prologue ones, released them as a full game, and it would have still been great. The main map, however, is on another level.

I also like the fact that they don't take it as seriously. The NPCs are awesome. The random shit you find them doing or saying to themselves has made me lol on multiple occasions. It reminds me of old school metal gear. All the characters you're supposed to assassinate are all well voice acted and unique too (as if this was ever a problem,; absolution had some GOAT villains and dialogue). THIS is how a stealth sandbox should be done. If you guys were on the fence, and are ok with whats outlined in the first paragraph, get this game. Waaaay better than MGSV

PWNT

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 06:43 PM
Estacado
Legendary

How big are the maps on avarage?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 07:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Estacado
How big are the maps on avarage?
Map (singular for now). Have you played absolution? If so, this should help.

(please log in to view the image)

If you haven't, its pretty huge. I'd say a good 3/4s of the MGS: Ground Zeroes map and packed to the brim with activity and content. The two prologue/tutorial maps are much smaller than the main, but both are still pretty spacey and take hours to max out.

The problem is, they're rolling out each map separately and in waves (one a month), so they're all pretty big but you have a wait between each one. There going to be 6 maps with the finished product, and they are going to continue to give out maps in the future for free. They plan on supporting this game for a good 4 years with free content, and are more looking at this game as a launch platform for future stories and maps as opposed to a one and done game. It has no micro-transactions and never will either so 60 is the max you'll pay for it all too.

Taking that into account, it might be worth waiting a month or two for the next two maps to come out before jumping in if you're worried about lack of content. They also have an intro pack where you can buy each pack as it comes out. The current intro pack is $15. In the end, you'll end up playing 5 dollars more so its not a bad deal if you want to try it out.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 10:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Jaysus.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 10:22 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Absolution was sweet!

Think Im gonna get Dark Souls 3 1st then this .
The whole free content stuff does sound good though.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 07:43 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I want to get this, but this "always online" stuff is making me hold off.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 14th, 2016 04:14 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, this is something I discovered after buying. It's pissing me off. On top of that, the servers are meh, so you disconnect in the middle of a map and it sends you back to the menu. As awesome as the stealth is, I'd say hold off until they patch away the online only stuff and release at least two more maps.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 14th, 2016 01:48 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by -Pr-
Plus if you are an XBOX Owner, you won't be getting all the content. PS4 got the Sarajevo six content(What else is new)

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 05:50 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They announced season 2. It's going to be added to the same launcher.

I like the way they're doing this. There will be tons of content when it's all said and done

PWNT

Old Post Nov 5th, 2016 02:00 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, this is something I discovered after buying. It's pissing me off. On top of that, the servers are meh, so you disconnect in the middle of a map and it sends you back to the menu. As awesome as the stealth is, I'd say hold off until they patch away the online only stuff and release at least two more maps.

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Plus if you are an XBOX Owner, you won't be getting all the content. PS4 got the Sarajevo six content(What else is new)

I'm a PC gamer, and I tend to inevitably get Steam gift cards for Christmas presents, so I planned to pick it up then. Hopefully it'll be in a good state by then.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
They announced season 2. It's going to be added to the same launcher.

I like the way they're doing this. There will be tons of content when it's all said and done

Hopefully.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2016 02:03 AM