KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » are mutants immortal?

are mutants immortal?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Uh, people think Wolvie ages because he is depicted with an older apperance sometimes, simple as that. Also he appears in his 40s, so he did not stop ageing when he reached full adulthood. Of course there could be any number of reasons for this, but insisting he must be immortal is at best selective reading. Anyway I don`t care one way or the other, I imagine a story will come along that explains it fully before or later.

Grey hair is not "changing color", it lacks pigment.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 08:16 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mshinu
Uh, people think Wolvie ages because he is depicted with an older apperance sometimes, simple as that. Also he appears in his 40s, so he did not stop ageing when he reached full adulthood. Of course there could be any number of reasons for this, but insisting he must be immortal is at best selective reading. Anyway I don`t care one way or the other, I imagine a story will come along that explains it fully before or later.

Grey hair is not "changing color", it lacks pigment.

I the one with selective read? Lets look at your evidences shall we? I mean your entire agruement have been that Logan not immortal based off what again? oh yea non 616 cannon comics. Oh wait and which runs were this

Old man Logan? which was caused from stress proven by the fact Fantastic force which is the same Wolverine, not only lives another 500 years, but he look as young as ever. So there goes that evidence.

Days of the future past? Which was prior to wolverine powers being established and is debatable if he even had a healing factor during the time adn certainly was not regeneration like it later evolved into. Oh wait there also another added on run to this same universe which takes place years after which is called Wolverine days of the future past, inwhich Logan again looks young as ever.

so the only evidence any one has even presented for why Logan is not immortal has been non 616 cannon and even then both of which shown in later runs that he infact did not age.

So I sorry, but you have nothing at all, even your non cannon refferences contradict your arguement.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 11:22 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

I hope you one day will stop running in circles around yourself...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 01:00 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Mshinu
I hope you one day will stop running in circles around yourself...

awesome tactic. You have nothing so you revert to throwing out irrelevant red herrings in some lame attempt to save face.........arnt you the man roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 07:28 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'm pretty sure he was being serious.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 08:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

(please log in to view the image)

fourth and fifth pannel down.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
(please log in to view the image)

fourth and fifth pannel down.

you consider that proof?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by -Pr-
you consider that proof?

no personally, I am not sure what to consider it as, that why I posted it. But at least it 616 and not an alternate reality.

though wolverine is suppose to be an enhanced version of Romulus and he been alive for thousands of years.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Oct 20th, 2010 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:13 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I have a comic where wolverine says he's not sure if he'll ever die (to himself). not really proof but shows that he isn't sure *shrugs*. i'll see if i can get the scan

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:02 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

In X-men Forever, due to the extra powers of being a mutant, mutants burn out faster and have shorter life-spans.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 01:45 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Q99
In X-men Forever, due to the extra powers of being a mutant, mutants burn out faster and have shorter life-spans.

What if their mutation/power(s) happens to be extreme longevity?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Good thing Forever isn't canon.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 08:34 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Yes it is.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:23 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Mindset
Yes it is.

It not to the 616 universe.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:52 PM
Mindset

Yes it is.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 12:58 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Forever is not canon, nor is it 616.

When you show us proof that it is, then we'll believe you.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 01:33 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Logan ages really slowly. Old Man Logan.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 11:28 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Forever is a canon world, specifically 161. It is definitely different in that aspect from 616.

Originally posted by Robtard
What if their mutation/power(s) happens to be extreme longevity?

Then they still end up long-lived for mutants and perhaps still pretty long-lived in general, I think they mentioned that Wolverine probably would've lived a pretty long time.

Sabertooth is old (in 161 I think he is Logan's father), but due to the burnout effect, his healing factor is winding down. He can no longer regrow stuff like a lost hand or eyes.

A few, very few, mutants are immune to burnout. Mystique and Nightcrawler only so far (and Rogue may have stolen Kurt's).

Last edited by Q99 on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 12:34 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Mindset
Yes it is.

no it not, and you saying it is over and over does not make it so.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 05:32 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by the ninjak
Logan ages really slowly. Old Man Logan.

again please read posts above, it was stress, I already stated this, fantastic force which is the same wolverine from old man Logan except it takes place 500 years after old man logan's ending and he young as ever.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 05:34 PM