KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » are mutants immortal?

are mutants immortal?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Thanks for proving my point ST.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 07:59 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Thanks for proving my point ST.
He is a mutant

I have returned

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 12:28 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
That's where you're wrong.

Selene
Apocalypse
Any mutant made of energy
Mr.M

etc...

No. Tell me when they survive the destruction and go untouched into the new born new universe. Then they are truly imortal.
Being 10000 years old is hardly immortal.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:38 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Xplosive
No. Tell me when they survive the destruction and go untouched into the new born new universe. Then they are truly imortal.
thats not what immortal is, and if your trying to say galactus is immortal, no he isnt

I have returned

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:54 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thats not what immortal is, and if your trying to say galactus is immortal, no he isnt

I didn't imply on Galan. Of course he isn't. So like I said, no mutant is really immortal.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:59 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't imply on Galan. Of course he isn't. So like I said, no mutant is really immortal.
Mr Immortal will survive the end of the universe

I have returned

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 06:04 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mr Immortal will survive the end of the universe

You really think that in previous universe there wasn't someone like Mr Immortal? It's just a cycle going in circle.

When he does, tell me about it.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 06:19 PM
SuperiorTech

He is a mutant

I disagree from looking at the scan you can see they made a distinction between them.

Homo Sapien - Human

Homo Superior - Mutant

Homo Supreme - Mr Immortal

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 06:23 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I disagree from looking at the scan you can see they made a distinction between them.

Homo Sapien - Human

Homo Superior - Mutant

Homo Supreme - Mr Immortal
but his powers came from the xgene armright?

I have returned

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 07:54 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

thats not true, there a different forms of immortality. In it most general sense, simply means one does not age. Such as the highlander.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 08:19 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

. Of course he isn't. So like I said, no mutant is really immortal.

By your definition, Wolverine might be.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 08:22 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

What makes you think that Wolverine can survive the destruction of the entire 616 universe?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 09:36 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
thats not true, there a different forms of immortality. In it most general sense, simply means one does not age. Such as the highlander.
In the most general sense it means one can not die. Not aging is actually a more specific type which some scientists don't even consider immortality.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 10:27 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Mindset
In the most general sense it means one can not die. Not aging is actually a more specific type which some scientists don't even consider immortality.

sorry, I was wrong, I was taking it from a comic/ fantasy senses. Normally simply means one does not age in comics and fantasy, but can die. Like vampires, high lander, apoc ect.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 12:21 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by jalek moye
What makes you think that Wolverine can survive the destruction of the entire 616 universe?

maybe, he could final rest in piece, but I doubt it. He most likely just reanimate again once world rebooted.

He eternal warrior. He been around since almost the dawn of time. His body would die but he recarnate.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 12:23 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'm pretty sure when the universe is destroyed all the spirits of the dead of that verse are too. Assuming this is a soul thing i mean, besides it isn't really Wolverine in that case now is it. Since I'm assuming that he isn't the same person in every cycle. (or if this is even the case still. they retcon things so often without noice)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 12:30 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I'm pretty sure when the universe is destroyed all the spirits of the dead of that verse are too. Assuming this is a soul thing i mean, besides it isn't really Wolverine in that case now is it. Since I'm assuming that he isn't the same person in every cycle. (or if this is even the case still. they retcon things so often without noice)

What your thinking about is different, here an explanation of what I am talking about. This has been part of his character way before that whole angle of death thing.

1. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/...orspirittk1.jpg
2. http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...rspirit2vy0.jpg
3. http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/84...rspirit3vf9.jpg
4. http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/...rspirit4jt2.jpg

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 12:37 AM
Q99

but his powers came from the xgene armright?

I think he has a different gene in place of the xgene.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 12:39 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

No I'm talking about what you're talking about. I mean h never refrences it or anything talks about his life in singular terms. And doesn't seem to have all these memroies, I'm also wondering if he is really the same person. In the sense of persinality and all that or is just reincarnated to be similar yet different.

Comic companies sometimes retcon things off record.

Seems something that is ignored imo

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 12:40 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

No I'm talking about what you're talking about. I mean h never refrences it or anything talks about his life in singular terms. And doesn't seem to have all these memroies, I'm also wondering if he is really the same person. In the sense of persinality and all that or is just reincarnated to be similar yet different.

Comic companies sometimes retcon things off record.

Seems something that is ignored imo

It been referenced before, this is not even the first time it was referenced. It original from his Ba'al mini. It was also mention and was the focus of another entire mini as well. Then there this book as well as other time it was brought forth. It was never ignored or retcon. I have no idea why you would think it was.

He the same soul/person. He simply recarnates every time he dies. This current body just happens to be a mutant. He also in other bodies has shown the ability to heal wounds as well.

also I can present scans if you wish in which is states while berserker he grant accesses to all those life times of memory. He is most certainly connected, just not on a conscious level.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 01:33 AM