KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » are mutants immortal?

are mutants immortal?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's fair, because we are talking abot immortality. Maybe if she is gettng life source from others, she could keeping it forever until the destruction of the universe. Then all ends and starts a new (that is why I said no body is really immortal, not to mention some mutant).
But 15000 years old is just not enough to say that is really immortal age wise to the end of the universe. But maybe shoud could keeping it to that time, maybe not, maybe she is also limited in that department.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:57 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Xplosive
I just can't believe. Are you actually in love with Logan and you want to convince yourself with that, that he is actually something special?

Not at all, you just have no evidence for your logic. You say every single hero in comcis recarnates prove it. There zero evidence for this, that simply your religious belief which holds zero weight in comics.

Apocalypse changes body one from another all the time. Body got old, burned, but he didn't, and needs to change the body.

How is that remotely that same as recarnating? he using tech to transfer his mind into a new host. He does not naturally recarnate.

So it's evident he is aslo spirit. The same goes for everyone else.
They are all immortal spirits. You need to get it drawn?

Thats not what I am talking about. Wolverine recarnates, in not simply he spirit. He will become alive again in a new body. This is unigue ability, and ther eis zero evidences that every hero does this like you tried in suggest.

What you seem to get confused is that what it tries to say is that Logan seems to reincarnate always in the same role.

If something here is bullshit, it's bullshit for stupidity.

Your arguement is stupid. Your trying to pretend ever hero recarnates when there zero evdiences for this. Please feel free to post evidences that states every beign on earth recarnates in marvel after they die, becuase that what your saying and it false and has no evidence backing it.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 08:07 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

So you need evidence. So in your head goes; if no evidence, it's not the case.
So TOAA made some unimportant Logan, unimportant the the core in unimportant role compare to cosmics, immortal spirit, while his greatest servants someone like Living Tribunal, Phoenix Force, you need evidence they are not like that, but just Logan?

I mean, WTF.

Yes I need evidence. Yes if there no evidences, then there zero reaosn to assume every beign on marvel earth recarnates. Thats your religious view which you trying to pretend translate to comics, when it does not.

No there are other being that recarnate or are simply fully immortal. However not everyone recarnates like your trying to pretend they do. Your logic for why is flawed and completely baseless.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 08:12 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
How is that remotely that same as recarnating? he using tech to transfer his mind into a new host. He does not naturally recarnate.

Logan dies, changes the body. Apocalypse vessels are in verge to die, with help of the technogly he changes the body. The point is that the spirit didn't age. Just can't use it to full power if in old body.
It works the same way.
The point is that its the spirit who changes the body, just like someone dies.

Thats not what I am talking about. Wolverine recarnates, in not simply he spirit. He will become alive again in a new body. This is unigue ability, and ther eis zero evidences that every hero does this like you tried in suggest.

Is not simply the spirit? Seriously? He only is the spirit. Wolverine is the spirit, not the body, that goes for everyone.

Spirit is the one that is alive, also in MU, not the body. Body can only move, because of the spirit. When someone changes the body, he was always alive. He doesn't need a new body to become alive. Spirit lives, not the body. Apocalypse body was burning out, becoming useless, yet he fully lived, only needed a new body.

I literally think that you don't know or think what you are saying.

No there are other being that recarnate or are simply fully immortal. However not everyone recarnates like your trying to pretend they do. Your logic for why is flawed and completely baseless.

Do you even realize what you are saying?

And by far the most disgusting is, you are talking about Logan and think he is something special. Some ant?

So you think if Cyclops dies, he is gone for good, but with Logan, he only changes the body (Eternal warrior)?
The point is that Marvel is concentrated on those heroes now, what they do now, not when they are in other roles. But they are all considered immortal spirits. If Logan is, so are others.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 08:52 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Im not sure what are you guys talking about. All sirits are immortal, but that doesnt mean every spirit reincarnates. There's heaven and hell in MU, if say Kingpin dies his immortal spirit goes to hell, it doesnt pop up in another body.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 01:48 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Im not sure what are you guys talking about. All sirits are immortal, but that doesnt mean every spirit reincarnates. There's heaven and hell in MU, if say Kingpin dies his immortal spirit goes to hell, it doesnt pop up in another body.

But that's also reincarnation. Spirit itself is untouched, but reincarnates into another form (solid body or subtle body), now, maybe heavenly form or hellish form (demon, beastly body) or again in human form (maybe even animal form).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 02:36 PM
SamZED

But that's also reincarnation. Spirit itself is untouched, but reincarnates into another form (solid body or subtle body), now, maybe heavenly form or hellish form (demon, beastly body) or again in human form (maybe even animal form).
I think you're going way too deep into religion here. Its comix, and I believe you guys were talking about characters immortality. If Deadpool keeps poping up after getting incinirated that counts as immortality by comix stanarts, but when Kingpin dies and his spirit spends the rest of iternity in hell the character shouldnt be concidered immortal. Heck even if he reincarnates into a fat mean bulldog that shouldnt count as immortality. Or am I missing something?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 04:21 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you're going way too deep into religion here. Its comic, and I believe you guys were talking about characters immortality. If Deadpool keeps poping up after getting incinirated that counts as immortality by comic stanarts, but when Kingpin dies and his spirit spends the rest of iternity in hell the character shouldnt be concidered immortal. Heck even if he reincarnates into a fat mean bulldog that shouldnt count as immortality. Or am I missing something?

It's not about religion. MU is treated as a material world. But it's clear they are spirits, persons (it was also shown that way). If someone like Logan is changing bodies, reincarnating, Apocaypse is changing bodies... that means that living beings in MU are considered spirits.
But focus is on the present and who cares what role they had, if they had. Who cares what was soul known as Logan now doing before (thousands years ago), The focus on him is now.
And yes, were were talking about immortality.
And forget about immortality when we have oldest mutant that is 15000 years old. That is so far from knowing it's immortal, it's ridiculous to mention even immortality. No mutant is immortal as far as we know, only long lived mutants. Look it that way. Some mutant lives 100000 years, was considered ot thought to be immortal, then dies... can you still say that mutant is immortal? No, you can't, only long lived.
Deadpool is not considered immortal in comics, never was, nor is Logan. And even if we would take that only Logan reincarnates (which is not the case, but let's say it that way), he changes bodies, so he never was in immortal body, that is why he was reincarnating and also now he is in the body that's not immortal.
Like I said before, no body is immortal.

Where and when was hell considered eternal in MU? How can be it eternal, when even 616 universe or other universes in MU were clearly shown that they aren't eternal?

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:00 PM
SamZED

That is IF other characters changed bodies, but not all characters in marvel reincarnate, at least ive never heard of that to be the case. Spiritual immortality was not the subject I believe. Spider-man's spirit is immortal, he himself isn't. Marvel living beings aren't JUST spirits but flesh and blood as well. Having immortal spirit and not being able to permanently die isnt the same thing. And Deadpool is immortal, was said to be that on many occasions. Not just his spirit like say with Spider-man but the character. As in, no matter what you do he'll always be the Deadpool. And not just spirit floating somewhere.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 30th, 2010 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:15 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is IF other characters changed bodies, but not all characters in marvel reincarnate, at least ive never heard of that to be the case. Spiritual immortality was not the subject I believe. ir spirits are immortal the characters arent. Having immortal spirit and not being able to permanently die isnt the same thing. And Deadpool is immortal, was said to be that on many occasions. Not just his spirit like say with Spider-man but the character.

Then shown me the fact that Deadpool is immortal? When he dies, will you still be able to say ''Deadpool was immortal?'', while he is dead.

And we can actually say that even universe reincarnates. It dies and it's reborn, fact in MU.

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:17 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

As in, no matter what you do he'll always be the Deadpool.

I will use what KMC members are doing.

Show me that fact, or this isn't the case. Show me that he is special?

What happens to Deadpool when universe dies?
You said he will always be known as Deadpool? Show me that he will be (that means that you have to show me he is in eternal body)? That is what KMC members mostly do. If you don't show, then that isn't the case.

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:22 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

And let someone show me Logan reincarnating. That means you have to show me not only memories from previous life, but that has to go to the very beginning, because I mean, someone called him eternal warrior. So that means to show when he was first seen and then reincarnating all the way to the present, to the current body.

Otherwise, it's all speculation.

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:36 PM
SamZED

I will use what KMC members are doing.

Show me that fact, or this isn't the case. Show me that he is special?

What happens to Deadpool when universe dies?
You said he will always be known as Deadpool? Show me that he will be (that means that you have to show me he is in eternal body)? That is what KMC members mostly do. If you don't show, then that isn't the case.
Um.. o..key You want me to show you MU exploding and Deadpool floating in space?erm
You know.. for most KMC members.. (that arent butthurt that is) when characters can't be permanently killed and was stated to be immortal on-panel several times its a good enought proof of immortality. If you want me to show you that I can do it. If proofs and on-panel statements arent good enough for you.. well, then your definition of "immortality" is just different from everybody else's. Which doesnt make you right.
And out of curiosity.. Mr. Immortal also isnt immortal in your book?

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 30th, 2010 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:38 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heck even if he reincarnates into a fat mean bulldog that shouldnt count as immortality.

That is why I said immediately no body is immortal. That is the whole point I am trying to make all this time. No one is in immortal body.
That is why I said 15000 years old Selene, it hardly makes her immortal. When she dies, she can reincarnate into someone else. But that means her body was no different than that of Kingpin. Why, because both would reincarnate anyway. Only difference would be that she lived longer in previous body. But would still mean, she had mortal body.

That is why I also said:

And even if we would take that only Logan reincarnates (which is not the case, but let's say it that way), he changes bodies, so he never was in immortal body, that is why he was reincarnating all the time and also now he is in the body that's not immortal.
Like I said before, no body is immortal.

Um.. o..key erm You want me to show you MU exploding and Deadpool floating in space?

Well, you did say always to be him, didn't you.

You know.. for most KMC members.. (that arent butthurt that is) characters that can't be permanently killed and stated to be immortal on-panel several times is a good enought proof of immortality. If you want me to show you that I can do it. If proofs and on-panel statements arent good enough for you.. well, then your definition of "immortality" is just different from everybody else's. Which doesnt make you right.

But there have been so many characters in MU that weren't permenently killed (or brought back), and what?... are they immortal?
Who was permanently killed?
I know what you are trying to say. How can you say Deadpool will ALWAYS be known as Deadpool, while he is so ridiculosly young, so little time in a role as Deadpool,... how can you say he will always be known as Deadpool?
I see no difference between him or Cyclops with different mutant abilities. But what has Deadpool shown more than Cyclops to be always know as Deadpool and Cyclops not as Cyclops? Except different powers, which enables Deadpool to live longer. But show me that even after that he will always be known as Deadpool?
I don't even remember in BIO for someone to be considered truly immortal.

And out of curiosity.. Mr. Immortal also isnt immortal in your book?

I don't know much about him?

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:55 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel living beings aren't JUST spirits but flesh and blood as well.

That would mean when body dies, spirit dies, which was shown not to be the case in MU many times. So that would mean that flesh and blood is just a vessel. Spirit is the one who talks through mouth. Spirit is the one that watches through eyes. Spirit is the one who moves the body.
That means that also in MU living beings are considered spirits and not flesh and bodies, not at all. Body is just a vessel.

And Spider-Man is spirit. He is only now in such body that plays role of a Spider-Man. Very simple.
The same goes for Deadpool. Except if you can show me that Deadpool will awlays be in a role of a Deadpool. smile

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:13 PM
SamZED

Well, you did say always to be him, didn't you.
I said he is immortal. And ive got proof. While you're asking me to show you MU exploding which never even happened in the comics.

But there have been so many characters in MU that weren't permenently killed (or brought back), and what?... are they immortal?
Who was permanently killed?
I know what you are trying to say. How can you say Deadpool will ALWAYS be known as Deadpool, while he is so ridiculosly young, so little time in a role as Deadpool,... how can you say he will always be known as Deadpool?
What difference does it make what will he be KNOWN as? When I said he'll always be Deadpool, I meant the character, not his nickname or driving license. And being "brought back" after apperant "death" with a plot device (Spider-man, Cap America) for the sake of character selling books and having "immortaly" isnt the same thing.

I see no difference between him or Cyclops with different mutant abilities. But what has Deadpool shown more than Cyclops to be always know as Deadpool and Cyclops not as Cyclops? Except different powers, which enables Deadpool to live longer. But show me that even after that he will always be known as Deadpool?
I don't even remember in BIO for someone to be considered truly immortal.
Ok first of all Deadpool isn't a mutant. Second, his immortality isn't a genetic super power but a curse. As for the difference between him and Cyclops is that Cyclops when he gets shot/stabbed/eloctrocuted/torn to pieces/melted/incenerated/nuked etc etc will die and stay dead unless some stupid PIS. While Deadpool wont no matter what. All the difference that matters. Whether he'll be known as Deadpool or not 20/100/500 years from now on wont matter. He'll be alive.

I don't know much about him?
Well, his name is Mr. Immortal and he cant permanently die no matter what you do to him. That's why he's called that.
I dont even think Logan is imortal (pretty sure hes been killed permanently but brought back) All im trying to say - not everybody is immortal in comix just because their spirit is.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:19 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I said he is immortal. And ive got proof.

Show me.

What difference does it make what will he be KNOWN as? When I said he'll always be Deadpool, I meant the character, not his nickname or driving license. And being "brought back" after apperant "death" with a plot device (Spider-man, Cap America) for the sake of character selling books and having "immortaly" isnt the same thing.

It seems their popularity is making them immortal. smile

Ok first of all Deadpool isn't a mutant. Second, his immortality isn't a genetic super power but a curse. As for the difference between him and Cyclops is that Cyclops when he gets shot/stabbed/eloctrocuted/torn to pieces/melted/incenerated/nuked etc etc will die and stay dead unless some stupid PIS. While Deadpool wont no matter what. All the difference that matters. Whether he'll be known as Deadpool or not 20/100/500 years from now on wont matter. He'll be alive.

Mutant or no mutant, here it's irrelevant.
When you say Deadpool won't die no matter what, it sounds like you mean no one could actually kill him.
I think you know that isn't true, just didn't think on vast scale.

All im trying to say - not everybody is immortal in comix just because their spirit is.

That's what I am saying all the time. Body is not immortal.
Being 500 years old and being alive (like you said for Deadpool. All we know he reached 800 years, but that so little and all we know he only ages slowly, that is not immortal and it was never confirmed to be really immortal anyway) is nothing. He can be 100000 years, but once he dies, he just can't be considered immortal anymore.
You just can't say ''Well he lived 100000 years, so he is immortal.'' And then some other come and say ''How can he be immortal, when he is dead''. It just doesn't work that way. It's easier when he is alive and so old and say that, but once he dies, you can look back but just can't say he is/was immortal. smile

In AOA it was also mentioned Apocalypse being immortal (except if I don't remember it correctly), but that just didn't help him, did it. Because that just wasn't the case.

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:34 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread is more about being immortal age wise, but I have to see the proof for that either. It wasn't confirmed anywhere for anyone to be really immortal. 15000 years just isn't enough to determine someone doesn't really age, because 15000 years is nothing compared to really not aging.

We know that even universe ages or comes to an end in MU,... so how can someone not age within an universe limited with time?

Last edited by Xplosive on Oct 30th, 2010 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:39 PM
SamZED

Mutant or no mutant, here it's irrelevant.
When you say Deadpool won't die no matter what, it sounds like you mean no one could actually kill him.
I think you know that isn't true, just didn't think on vast scale.
Ohh.. ok I see what you mean now. Yea, Deadpool can be torn apart, slaughtered etc, yes. Didnt mean to argue that. What I meant - he'll never stay that way. Not that his body is indestructible or something.

Show me.

K. Ill get the scans later. For now I can say it's Deadpool/Death story. He is unable to die because he actually had an affair with Death. Now she rejects him. So in that sense he's immortal. No mater what you do he doesnt stay dead. While someone like Cyclops, well like you said, they never stay dead because of popularity. That's different.

Mr. Immortal I dont remember how he got that way. But it was stated that he'll always BE. Even when the universe ends and everything stops existing he'll still live. Yet his body can "die" as well, still he is immortal.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:59 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

K. Ill get the scans later. For now I can say it's Deadpool/Death story. He is unable to die because he actually had an affair with Death. Now she rejects him. So in that sense he's immortal. No mater what you do he doesnt stay dead. While someone like Cyclops, well like you said, they never stay dead because of popularity. That's different.

Ok. But that is different, if he had an affair with Death. I didn't know that.

Mr. Immortal I dont remember how he got that way. But it was stated that he'll always BE. Even when the universe ends and everything stops existing he'll still live. Yet his body can "die" as well, still he is immortal.

I won't argue, because I simply don't have knowledge on him.

But if we go logically, that could also be only speculation (because it didn't happen) and it's also important who said it?. I mean if someone high cosmic said it, than good, if some mutant, man, Earthling,... said it, then it's harder to accept or to take it seriously.

And if we go by that all power in reality derives from PF, then that means that also his abilities comes from PF (TOAA creation power) in the end.
In the end of the universe PF goes down and it awokes to reality again.
So that automatically means that Mister Immortal should go down at least the end of the universe, because he depends on someone else.

That could be the case, but I can't say, because I don't know Mr Immortal (only heard about him), what is his role, what he does etc...

So, better to leave it alone from my side.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:22 PM