KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » are mutants immortal?

are mutants immortal?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Salthasha

Psylocke is a mutant and has been reborn "better" by her brother Jamie. Her full potential was unlocked by Jean Grey from Earth-295.[9]. She is now an Omega-level telepath.
Before that in Issue 221 it was Betsy who scanned without the aid of cerebro extreme distances and vast populations. There's an example of omega level ability.

And in interview from the writer of x-forrce : Psylocke has had her telekinesis for a long time, and considering that she was involved with Angel for even longer than that, when will she learn to fly already?

Rick Remender: I can't speak to how Psylocke has been used by all other writers, but to me, having her fly makes her too powerful. Stealthy super-ninja/burgeoning Omega-level telepath is plenty for one character, in my mind. That's not to say that she hasn't been shown to have other abilities. To be frank, her history is a bit scattered and in order to make a cohesive backstory for her, I had to make some executive decisions as to what I would and would not be using. To use it all would just be too many ingredients in the soup, and I believe would make the character less interesting and believable. nuff said snikt the panel.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 01:27 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Salthasha

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2969899.html source material for that interview.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2013 01:27 AM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol @ immortal meaning you can survive the death of the universe

I have returned

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:16 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Salthasha
Psylocke is a mutant and has been reborn "better" by her brother Jamie. Her full potential was unlocked by Jean Grey from Earth-295.[9]. She is now an Omega-level telepath.
Before that in Issue 221 it was Betsy who scanned without the aid of cerebro extreme distances and vast populations. There's an example of omega level ability.

And in interview from the writer of x-forrce : Psylocke has had her telekinesis for a long time, and considering that she was involved with Angel for even longer than that, when will she learn to fly already?

Rick Remender: I can't speak to how Psylocke has been used by all other writers, but to me, having her fly makes her too powerful. Stealthy super-ninja/burgeoning Omega-level telepath is plenty for one character, in my mind. That's not to say that she hasn't been shown to have other abilities. To be frank, her history is a bit scattered and in order to make a cohesive backstory for her, I had to make some executive decisions as to what I would and would not be using. To use it all would just be too many ingredients in the soup, and I believe would make the character less interesting and believable. nuff said snikt the panel.

Omega class telepath and omega level mutant are not one and the same. Emma Frost and Charles Xavier are omega class telepaths, yet neither of them have been officially recognized as omega level mutants, and neither are immortal because of their powersets.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 12:16 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 07:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Re: are mutants immortal?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
For example:
Wolverine
Colossus (in metallic form)
Rogue
Rockslide
Strong Guy
Why is Rouge on this list? And I'm not familiar enough with Strong Guy to wonder about him. Same goes for Rockslide, although, I seriously doubt psionic energy will ever disappear in the Marvel Universe for him to die. If his own psionic energy DID in fact start to disperse, what's to stop him from leeching off of some other form of psionic energy? Sort of adaptable living.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jan 26th, 2014 07:02 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote