KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney: Draft 1

King Kandy's Tourney: Draft 1
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

vs Starjammers

Polaris catches him pretty easily, and Havok just annihilates him. Yes, Havok does absorb what is called the power of a “sun”, but I tend to think this is the same type of comic hyperbole that has people dodge bullets all the time. Either way, Vulcan is, for some reason, unable to manipulate Havok's energy, and goes down fast, his body forever scarred

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

For as much as its worth, the Vulcan that fights the Starjammers here, or even Black Bolt, I wouldn`t be against, but the Warlock (lol Magus) feat puts him over imho... if I understand the hirearchies right

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:31 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
vs Starjammers

Polaris catches him pretty easily, and Havok just annihilates him. Yes, Havok does absorb what is called the power of a “sun”, but I tend to think this is the same type of comic hyperbole that has people dodge bullets all the time. Either way, Vulcan is, for some reason, unable to manipulate Havok's energy, and goes down fast, his body forever scarred

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

For as much as its worth, the Vulcan that fights the Starjammers here, or even Black Bolt, I wouldn`t be against, but the Warlock (lol Magus) feat puts him over imho... if I understand the hirearchies right

Seriously? Have you never seen BB's fights with guys like Hulk and Gladiator? Put it this way, he looked way better against them than he did against Vulcan...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:42 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by darthgoober
Seriously? Have you never seen BB's fights with guys like Hulk and Gladiator? Put it this way, he looked way better against them than he did against Vulcan...

no, I haven't actually embarrasment

Gladiator is higher than low herald, yes?

EDIT: I'm also pretty lenient on limits and stuff, I hate to be the one saying "no". this is all just for fun to me, not that I'm saying its any different for you guys, I'm just, you know, not expecting the world anyways lol. But in all seriousness, if BB is as serious as you claim, then ya, probably another mark against vulcan

Last edited by tsilamini on Oct 17th, 2010 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:44 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

no, I haven't actually embarrasment

Gladiator is higher than low herald, yes?

EDIT: I'm also pretty lenient on limits and stuff, I hate to be the one saying "no". this is all just for fun to me, not that I'm saying its any different for you guys, I'm just, you know, not expecting the world anyways lol. But in all seriousness, if BB is as serious as you claim, then ya, probably another mark against vulcan

Oh don't be embarrased, BB fights aren't posted nearly as often as other characters on the forum because everyone gets hung up on his voice. You should definately check out his respect thread though...

Yeah. He's Mid/High herald easy.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:48 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The "magic" Warlock never really had a definitive level. Classic was Mid/High, obviously, but who knows.

And to be fair, if anyone "won" the Vulcan/BB fight, it was BB. Still, I can see the reasons for banning. Kandy's decision I guess.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 06:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

Vulcan clearly loses to Gladiator and Blackbolt, mid heralds. He also lost to Havok, which shows that his general energy manipulation isn't as high as Havok's specific energy manipulation. His fight with Warlock can be chopped up to luck; He blind sided him with his energy manipulation. Obviously, he won't be surprising any of his opponents in the tourney, and that seems to be his biggest advantage. In a rematch, knowing what Vulcan can do, how do you think a fight between Warlock and Vulcan will go?

Also, Blackbolt's strongest physical attack, The Master Blow, is compared to a standard Hulk hit. He may be able to last in a fight with The Hulk, but what makes him a mid herald is his voice; without it he would be a high meta at best.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 01:25 PM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Last edited by tsilamini on Oct 17th, 2010 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 02:59 PM
tsilamini

energy feat:

thought this was interesting, and relevant. The creature Havok and Vulcan are fighting is powered by the other members of its species. It is so powerful that it took the combined might of the imperial guard with Gladiator, Vulcan and Havok together to take it down, but then the energy is just transfered to the next "eldest". Vulcan takes all of that power with no difficulty

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 03:11 PM
tsilamini

ok, a couple posts with Havok, or; confusing

ok, so no problem manipulating Havoks energy

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

and here, again no problem manipulating Havok's energy (in fact, he even says on panel that his energy powers are useless), yet, nearly comes out with a loss against the combined onslaught of Polaris and Havok

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 03:21 PM
tsilamini

and finally

Havok beats Vulcan, but again, Havok has been powered by a Sun, only more literal this time

so like, I guess there are two ways to look at this. 1) Havok is literally capable of being lifted to a Mid/High Herald class powerlevel if he is exposed to enough energy, and therefore Vulcan is above the tourney limit, or 2) The Warlock fight is more of a Spider-Man-vs-Firelord moment, and while a high end feat, beating up on Black Bolt, who is holding back his most powerful attack, probably doesn't outright disqualify Vulcan.

The problem as I see it, if we go with 2, every fight with Vulcan will cease to be about strategy or debate, but just about how good of an energy manipulater Vulcan actually is. Its not really even that there aren't enough appearances at this point, but more that he only has experience with the X-Men, and not a lot of more cosmic characters to judge against. Its a good choice, but for what its worth, there are lots of other low-heralds that can give you essentially what Vulcan does. EDIT: also, whoever selected Vulcan probably wants more than a "havok-level" energy manipulator on their team, when every first round choice was an energy manipulator...

Last edited by tsilamini on Oct 17th, 2010 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 03:38 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

energy feat:

thought this was interesting, and relevant. The creature Havok and Vulcan are fighting is powered by the other members of its species. It is so powerful that it took the combined might of the imperial guard with Gladiator, Vulcan and Havok together to take it down, but then the energy is just transfered to the next "eldest". Vulcan takes all of that power with no difficulty

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
any money, those are the scans whoever wanted him, wanted him for.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 06:23 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

I might also mention, inimalist has an impressive way of arguing both sides fairly.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 06:43 PM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

and finally

Havok beats Vulcan, but again, Havok has been powered by a Sun, only more literal this time

so like, I guess there are two ways to look at this. 1) Havok is literally capable of being lifted to a Mid/High Herald class powerlevel if he is exposed to enough energy, and therefore Vulcan is above the tourney limit, or 2) The Warlock fight is more of a Spider-Man-vs-Firelord moment, and while a high end feat, beating up on Black Bolt, who is holding back his most powerful attack, probably doesn't outright disqualify Vulcan.

The problem as I see it, if we go with 2, every fight with Vulcan will cease to be about strategy or debate, but just about how good of an energy manipulater Vulcan actually is. Its not really even that there aren't enough appearances at this point, but more that he only has experience with the X-Men, and not a lot of more cosmic characters to judge against. Its a good choice, but for what its worth, there are lots of other low-heralds that can give you essentially what Vulcan does. EDIT: also, whoever selected Vulcan probably wants more than a "havok-level" energy manipulator on their team, when every first round choice was an energy manipulator...

I f-ing love Havok, and yes he can be a legit low herald, even outside of this feat. He has some crazy versatility showings people don't normally remember either.

But yes, an ambiguous showing for Vulcan.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 09:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by rader
Vulcan clearly loses to Gladiator and Blackbolt, mid heralds. He also lost to Havok, which shows that his general energy manipulation isn't as high as Havok's specific energy manipulation. His fight with Warlock can be chopped up to luck; He blind sided him with his energy manipulation. Obviously, he won't be surprising any of his opponents in the tourney, and that seems to be his biggest advantage. In a rematch, knowing what Vulcan can do, how do you think a fight between Warlock and Vulcan will go?

Also, Blackbolt's strongest physical attack, The Master Blow, is compared to a standard Hulk hit. He may be able to last in a fight with The Hulk, but what makes him a mid herald is his voice; without it he would be a high meta at best.

You should check out BB's respect thread, it's his CIS(rarely using his voice) that keeps him at Mid Herald. If he were to start using it regulary we'd most likely have to bump him up a tier.

And if the Warlock thing was just luck, Magus would have went back to finish the fight rather than run away as soon as he had enough energy...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 04:54 AM
tsilamini

according to the plot following the Warlock/Vulcan fight, Adam Warlock is able to seal the rift caused by Black Bolt's WMD [for anyone reading the Thanos imperative, this is the same rift the Cancerverse is coming through, so, an incredibly high end feat], and immediatly turns into Magus, who beats the entire Guardians team (phyla vell, mantis, drax, gamorra, +) while laughing at them, and is only taken down by a cosmic cube.

It seems, in the end, that Magus was fighting for control of Warlock, as Adam says something like "The cube is keeping him at bay" before being defeated, so it is probably debateable as to whether or not it was Magus proper who fought Vulcan, however, it does seem like Warlock was pretty strong.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 07:24 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

great scans.

do you guys consider Starhawk below or above Ikaris?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 08:42 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I do, but that's because I think Ikaris suckz. I don't recall him ever doing anything that impressive.

according to the plot following the Warlock/Vulcan fight, Adam Warlock is able to seal the rift caused by Black Bolt's WMD [for anyone reading the Thanos imperative, this is the same rift the Cancerverse is coming through, so, an incredibly high end feat], and immediatly turns into Magus, who beats the entire Guardians team (phyla vell, mantis, drax, gamorra, +) while laughing at them, and is only taken down by a cosmic cube.

It seems, in the end, that Magus was fighting for control of Warlock, as Adam says something like "The cube is keeping him at bay" before being defeated, so it is probably debateable as to whether or not it was Magus proper who fought Vulcan, however, it does seem like Warlock was pretty strong.

Warlock states on-panel that he absorbed most of his energy in a matter of seconds, he later showed the ability to manipulate magic himself, so it was an energy manipulator against another.

Warlock managed to create shields tanking a super-nova, transmutate and desintegrate asteroids, manipulate the energies of tousands of souls and seal the Fault. His magic has herald level feats, although he never quite fought someone in that level before turning to Magus.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 11:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

I'd place Warlock in the mid herald level myself

transmuting a planet definitely does it for me

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 11:55 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote