KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney: Draft 2

King Kandy's Tourney: Draft 2
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rader
Person

Sure, but you wouldn't have any problems finding feats of him tanking hit or 2 from Mjolnir.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 02:57 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, if the guys who drafted him are going to win by tanking mjolnir I guess it's alright confused

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:00 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

Good point, I guess no one is gonna be drafting Thor. I was just thinking that he's hurt Surfer before with some of his future tech.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:03 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

How the hell did Scoob and leo get Kang into a High Meta tourney (and then beat me with him). He's being debated in a low herald one.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:39 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Kang is good with prep, he has come a long way since I struggled for months to get him into the low herald category.

(Mostly because nobody cared, but still)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
Lightray in a low herald tourney?

laughing out loud
someone could draft the galactus herald nova (who is also a low herald) to make the sun lightray will make go supernova.

problem solved smile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:46 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Digi
How the hell did Scoob and leo get Kang into a High Meta tourney (and then beat me with him). He's being debated in a low herald one.

Nobody's saying he's too powerful for this tourney, just talking about rulings on him.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:05 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

I guess the problem I see with allowing Kang's prep to allow anything he's used in the past is that he'd be capable of 1 shotting nearly everyone. On the opposite side, if he's just using his armor, he'd technically be like a weaker Iron Man. His robots should obviously, imo, be disqualified, but what about his Ultra Diode Ray? I don't recall him ever using it as Kang, but he used it as Rama-Tut. Multiple suits of armor? It was allowed for Iron Man, so would the same ruling be allowed for Kang?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:29 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Kang's base armor is not -necessarily- less powerful than Iron Man's but the time fetching abilities on the armor is a very important part of what it does -the ability of never running out of weapons is quite dangerous-. Otherwise is much less flexible which kind of sucks.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:41 PM
King Kandy

Well I talked to the person drafting him, and he understands the limits placed on him by the rulings. He can't bring things through time, period.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:18 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Draft 6: Replicant

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Gambi_(New_Earth)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:20 PM
King Kandy

Draft 7: Omega Red

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Red

And with that, day 2 is closed unless anyone has lingering objections.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 11:45 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by King Kandy
Draft 6: Replicant

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Gambi_(New_Earth)

The bio tells us nothing. What is this guy's deal?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 11:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Draft 7: Omega Red

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Red

And with that, day 2 is closed unless anyone has lingering objections.

I don't have an outright objection to him, but since he was drafted as a low herald I'm assuming that we're talking about "low herald" Lightray correct? He's not going to be allowed to go into "insane Lightray" mode or show up full sized to the fight or anything like that, right?

Also the last thing you said in regards to Vulcan was how damning the case against him was, did whoever tried to draft him ever repick?

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 01:49 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The bio tells us nothing. What is this guy's deal?

I was told his power is that he can absorb the properties of weapons.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:00 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't have an outright objection to him, but since he was drafted as a low herald I'm assuming that we're talking about "low herald" Lightray correct? He's not going to be allowed to go into "insane Lightray" mode or show up full sized to the fight or anything like that, right?

Yeah, that's right.

Originally posted by darthgoober
Also the last thing you said in regards to Vulcan was how damning the case against him was, did whoever tried to draft him ever repick?

People brought more things up, i'm still thinking about it. I'm contacting the person who drafted though.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:01 AM
darthgoober

I was told his power is that he can absorb the properties of weapons.

Isn't that awful close to falling into the same category as someone like Absorbing Man?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:01 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

You know, that's actually an interesting point. I'm going to have to request scans be posted openly so we can collectively examine just how it works.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:03 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I had someone send another description via PM, and he can basically copy other peoples' weapons. Mostly he's just used it to copy the Flash Rogues' primary weapons. An interesting pick. Certainly not as versatile as Creel though, but I see the reason that it might be too similar for comfort.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 03:33 PM
darthgoober

I had someone send another description via PM, and he can basically copy other peoples' weapons. Mostly he's just used it to copy the Flash Rogues' primary weapons. An interesting pick. Certainly not as versatile as Creel though, but I see the reason that it might be too similar for comfort.

So if the guy stands next to Ironman his team would have two Ironmen and if he stood next to Hal Jorden they'd have two GL's(not that Hal would actually be allowed here)? Sounds way to similar to power copying IMO. If we allow him the third round's likely to feature a rush to draft other neutered copiers...

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 24th, 2010 at 05:11 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 05:07 AM