KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Halo Univ. (OOC and REG)

Halo Univ. (OOC and REG)
Started by: Phoenix3068

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

some were good, some were garbage, i did not like the one that made the elites feudal freakin japanese samurai

Admit it, you splooshed

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:46 AM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by (>^^)>
hold on before i answer this...

are you two seriously sisters? o.O

No, see her name, Jaden's Woman? Jaden is my brother, she's my brother's girlfriend. >.<

quote:
now where was i?? oh yes...

basically whatever offers the most challenge to my guy, so probably the dropship flying through hell thing, or just being a team pilot, flying whatever the hell the job called for

and as for my knowledge of the Halo verse, i've beaten halo a few times and (surprisingly) taught all my friends who were far bigger halo nuts than me a huuuuge glitch in the level where you go through the swamp that leads toyou fighting the covenant for the first time, haven't played all of halo 2 (but read the plot summary on a wiki somewhere) beat halo 3 a few times (mostly for achievements and the joy of going apeshit melee badass on brutes who use a bubble shield) played through ODST a couple times and have yet to touch Wars or Reach (dont like console RTS games, would have orgasmed over it had it been on the pc, and Reach i can only find the legendary edition, seriously, its ****ing everywhere where i live, and i dont have 149 dollars to drop on the game, hell i only bought the 100 dollar version of ODST cause it came with a controller, and thats like paying 1/4 price for one of the two things in the box) but i've read up on alot of halo stuff and also watched legends, read the graphic novel, watched the live action ODST anddddddd seriously ****ing want them to do something that picks up where halo 3 ended, whether a movie, game, graphic ****ing novel, hell even a radio drama

1. Cool it with the curse words O.o there are little kids on this site lol.
2. Okay, so it sounds like you have a decent amount of knowledge so go ahead and make a character sheet.

Originally posted by Matthias Fenris
heh.. sounds like you have a good grasp of the game.. halo wars happens before the events of reach, and only really matters when you think of it while reading ghosts of onyx. halo two happens after reach, and is therefore in the future of this rp.. SO! the only stories and games that matter to the plot are reach, and maybe first strike... everything else just backs you up on lore, weapons, ships, and protocol..

but halo wars, despite being a console rts, was petty interesting in seeing just what happened all over the outer colonies.. ive read all the books.. played all the games. (still need to finish the reach campaign, but im hving too much fun on matchmaking) the only thing im lacking is the halo legends dvd... which i saw a clip of via preorder and having the new halo reach xbox, and i gotta say... i hated it... but eh..

1. I'll school both of you in Reach.

2. Come on, I know this is a discussion thread for it as well but it's meant to be about the RP not about the game, let's at least get all the basic's in order before we start off on random stuff. I want to start the RP before December lol.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:06 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

sorry i got a little over excited i guess...

Admit it, you splooshed

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:28 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

uhh... O_o.. the sangeili totally live their lives very similar to samurai.. its in the books. and the comics... kind of what makes them badass..

and xan is lagging bad on the whole putting up his char sheets thingy.. and! we culd use a resident dropship pilot... some of those bad boys are laded with guns and missiles of their own.. could lay down some nice cover fire while dropping off and picking up... aaaaand now im thinking of starship troopers, when dizzy gets shanked and they all meet up on the dropship... aw..

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 09:17 PM
Matthias Fenris is currently offline Click here to Send Matthias Fenris a Private Message Find more posts by Matthias Fenris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Well excuse me for taking pride in my own creations. I'm suffering minor writer's block, but I should have both characters up by the weekend.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 10:15 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

... aaaaand now im thinking of starship troopers, when dizzy gets shanked and they all meet up on the dropship... aw..

And now for a bit of hilarious coincidence.

quote:

ODST Trivia

The ODSTs were heavily influenced by the novel Starship Troopers.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 10:47 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

uhh... O_o.. the sangeili totally live their lives very similar to samurai.. its in the books. and the comics... kind of what makes them badass..

and xan is lagging bad on the whole putting up his char sheets thingy.. and! we culd use a resident dropship pilot... some of those bad boys are laded with guns and missiles of their own.. could lay down some nice cover fire while dropping off and picking up... aaaaand now im thinking of starship troopers, when dizzy gets shanked and they all meet up on the dropship... aw..

it seriously bothers me that they do, there is extremely low chance of them having a couture that really resembles one of ours at all, let alone is exactly what it's ideally thought it was

and halo in general was heavily influenced by Starship Troopers, the powered exo-skeleton for instance is very similar to the spartan armour, even looking almost exactly the same in the tv show, which came out before the planning of halo

Admit it, you splooshed

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 01:16 AM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

it seriously bothers me that they do, there is extremely low chance of them having a couture that really resembles one of ours at all, let alone is exactly what it's ideally thought it was

and halo in general was heavily influenced by Starship Troopers, the powered exo-skeleton for instance is very similar to the spartan armour, even looking almost exactly the same in the tv show, which came out before the planning of halo

halo was influenced by EVERY space marine type thing before... they ll go back and back and back until 40k, or whatever...halo even takes from starcraft... just look at the elites hands and the protoss hands... and the flood? zerg. or starship troopers bugs, or the tyranids, or the xenomorphs...

and theirculture isnt exactly like samurai, is just closely similar... there are key differences.. blood and honor are the same thing.. if your blood is spilt, you lose honor. if you spill anothers blood, you gain honor. teir leadersare even called kai-dons... and they're so purely a military species, its insane. what other earth type culture can you attribute them to be similar to?

oh, and pheonix... if you're ever online on reach, bring it on.. ill make you look like raditz..

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 06:05 AM
Matthias Fenris is currently offline Click here to Send Matthias Fenris a Private Message Find more posts by Matthias Fenris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

actualy bushido was created on 1905, same dude hpribly screwed up when writing a book and yhe emporers went with it cause hey, they now have soldiers who fly planes into shit for them and just wont surrender

Admit it, you splooshed

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 12:20 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

actualy bushido was created on 1905, same dude hpribly screwed up when writing a book and yhe emporers went with it cause hey, they now have soldiers who fly planes into shit for them and just wont surrender

which is exactly like the elites. they dont surrender. they fight down to the last man.. i dont see whats so bad about it. its all about honor and glory in battle.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 07:51 PM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

whats bad about it is that instead of coming up with a more likely culture, thats unique or different from something earthly and primate, they cloned almost exactly a distinct earth style and culture

Admit it, you splooshed

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:10 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

i wouldnt call it a clone.. theres alot of key differances.. like their polotics, religion, breeding rituals, society views, their concept of what shame is, and quite few other things. read the rest of the books, dude. its only influenced by japanese samurai, not a total clone. and lets be honest here.. there are no original ideas in the world anymore.. im guessing you're basing this alot more on the halo legends dvd, right? ive only seen a few clips from it, but i can tell you that it is very non cannon.. its people taking the ideas and stries and recreating it for animation to suit their perticular style. so you shouldnt hold TOO much stock in that.

i dont think theres any game or story where aliens or creatures culture is different from a type of human culture that exists or alrady as existed. maybe.... MAYBE lovecraft... but thats all im coming up with...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:35 PM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

stick out tongue i was talking about the dvd, not them in general, but you raised another point, one that annoys me every damn time i hear it "there are no original ideas anymore" "you cant have an original idea anymore" you most absolutely can, just nobody tries anymore,
edit; imagine it like colours, there are colours humans cannot see, but because we cannot not see it we also cant imagine what that colour will look like

also, spartan-IIIs, would any of them be earth orphans? if not could i get a little list of planets they could be from?

Admit it, you splooshed

Last edited by (>^^)> on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 10:55 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Type: ODST

Name / Service Tag: Richard-R565

Company: Bravo

Race: American

Primary Weapon: M41 Surface-to-Surface Rocket Launcher

Secondary Weapon: M6D Magnum Sidearm

Job Type: Demolitions

Personal Abilities: Superior Accuracy

Bio, Extra Information: Richard was born in the United States of America. His early life was filled with deliquent activity and pyrotechnics. He enlisted with the UNSC at the first opportunity, where his love of large explosions was put to good use. He received top scores for marksmanship with UNSC standard sidearms, showing special proficiency with the M6 series, and of them the M6D. He was also shown to have a knack at using heavy ordnance effectively against infantry, and favored the Surface-to-Surface Anti-Vehicle/Assault rockets. He also seemed to have a talent for utilizing the TR/9 Antipersonnel Mine to maximum combat effectiveness.

In short time, he found himself among the top of the Marine dogpile, the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. He saw many of his fellow Helljumpers perish, either from the very likely chance of a failed jump, or brought low by the covenant hordes they faced. Over time his destructive urges waned, giving way to smoldering determination in the line of fire. He'd made a small name for himself during the invasion of Reach, when he'd managed to destroy an incoming Phantom from high altitude with two superbly placed, manually aimed rocket hits. It gave his unit an opportunity to pull out of the hot zone before they were overwhelmed by Covenant reinforcements.

Richard was one of the last troops to pull out of Reach before its annihilation by Covenant forces. Together with the pilot of the Pelican, they were able to keep out of notice until the Covenenant had begun pursuit of the UNSC Pillar of Autumn. It was some time after that the pilot noticed a beacon among the wreckage of one of the destroyed Covenant carriers. The pilot flew in, and Richard stepped out, pulling in what looked to be a Spartan. The pilot activated the Pelican's own beacon, and they were eventually picked up by the Forever Night.

Appearance: With his specialty in demolitions, Richard favors the Close Quarters Battle variant of the standard ODST Battle Dress Uniform, making good use of defensive permutations. The optics device allows him to both accurately relay data to friendly units, and has served a surprisingly effective baiting tool to lure enemies. He also carries a low weight rucksack, finding the magnetic attachment useful in carrying his beloved rockets, while the sack itself is a perfect storage unit for ammunition.

When going civvy, Richard tends to let his shoulder length black hair hang loose, framing his strong jawline and sharp cheekbones. He has green eyes that he likes to use to scan for good mine placements. He has an large frame, though is on the tall side measuring at 6'2", making his appearance not very outlandish. His muscles show the fatigue of near constant use, and his skin sports a number of scars, but he is not horrendously disfigured. When not in dress, he tends to wear short sleeved tops with denim jeans.

Type: Crew (Special)

Name / Service Tag: Xain-X41N

Company: Alpha

Race: N/A

Primary Weapon: Spartan 080

Secondary Weapon: UNSC Forever Night

Job Type: Support

Personal Abilities: Tactical [email protected]^&error1001101101

Bio, Extra Information: Xain is a "smart" A.I. formed from the mind of a child genius born to a Corporal Grade 1 Martin Reed. During an surprise assault on human colonies by the Covenant, Corporal Reed gave his life to get the colonists onto one of the few shuttles launching off-world before the glassing, his family among them. He was posthumously promoted to Sergeant and awarded the Medal of Honor. The shuttle took fire during its escape, and was found dead in the water sometime after Covenant forces had moved on.

Life support had failed at some point before the shuttle was recovered, because only the pilot and Reed's son were found alive. They were recovered and placed in critical care. It seemed the pilot would survive, but young Reed's body couldn't handle the shock he had received. To the medical team's surprise, he instructed them on the spot through the Cognitive Impression Modeling process. After AI was "born" it explained to the horrified medical team that the child suffered from a rare, incurable disease that attacked the brain near death, and would have ravaged his intelligence, leaving it unusable postmortem.

Designating himself "Xain," the AI remained with the crew until they returned to UNSC space, where UNCS Command quickly processed and transferred him to the Spartan II project. He found himself paired with Spartan 080, and the two made a remarkably good team, with Xain's tactical foresight allowing the Spartan to find himself at the right place at the right time to be the most combat efficient. Their latest mission had problems, attempting to bring down a Covenant carrier over Reach, but even with the difficulties, Xain was able to get Spartan 080 where he needed to be. Ironically, Xain found himself once again suffering during an escape attempted, then the released explosion sent a concentrated electromagnetic wave through Spartan 080's MJOLNIR armor, causing it to lock-up and damaging the AI's vocal programming, though if more extensive damage has occurred remains to be seen.

Appearance: Xain favors a fantastical avatar, taking examples from various lore. His standard appearance is of a young man in his early twenties, donned in casual short sleeved shirt and slacks, with a cloak attached at his neck. He hair just past shoulder length, and his eyes lack any appearance of iris or pupil. He has a pair of feathered wings to complete the avatar, giving a very unusual mix of modern and fantasy, likely a result of the mind he was born from.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:29 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

FINALLY! and yeah, he can be an orphan from earth. the III's were mostly made up of orphaned recruits anyways. dont think it matters what planet their from. the biggest ones would be reach and harvest, though. and at the same time...

if we could never see those colors, whats to give our minds the image in out head of what possible new color combination to create? it would be like the people who claim magenta or maroon as a color... its red... its all red... light red? dark red? still red.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 08:30 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

so... im guessig phoeix is waiting for everyones profile before we start this? (oh and by the way.. totally almost beat the reach campaign on heroic.. gunna have a big party pretty soon to go at it on legendary with crazy skulls on soon.. yay for dying alot!)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 06:43 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I guess. I'm just hoping she'll accept both my characters.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 06:46 AM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

i dont see why she wouldnt.. frankly, im surprised she aproved a spartan II... me thinks she had a soft spot for jorge.. <.<..

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 06:47 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

...What?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 07:23 AM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

hes a spartan II thats part of the team of spartan III's in the halo reach campaign... awesome guy.. totally died...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 09:52 AM