KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Best era of music?

What is, in your opinion, the best era of music?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
1600 - 1900 2 4.35%
1900 - 1940 0 0%
1940-1950 0 0%
1950-1960 2 4.35%
1960-1970 10 21.74%
1970-1980 6 13.04%
1980-1990 13 28.26%
1990-2000 6 13.04%
2000-2010 3 6.52%
Other 4 8.70%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best era of music?
Started by: Operation kmc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
im primarily a rap fan so... 90's ny is where the **** its @
in retrospect i think 1600-1900 has to be the winner. kind of an unbalanced competition though tbh.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 07:28 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreeNetflix
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to go for the 90s songs they were the best

Old Post May 19th, 2013 03:05 AM
FreeNetflix is currently offline Click here to Send FreeNetflix a Private Message Find more posts by FreeNetflix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I say 1950 - 2000.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 26th, 2013 12:46 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Late 80's through the 90's up until about 96-97 mainly because im into hip-hop/rap deeply

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 10:23 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

This really is an idiotic question.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 07:56 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Lady

I enjoy the 60's style of music.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 11:51 PM
Cat Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cinemaholic

I am a youngster and haven't really been exposed to many of these genres of decades of music so I have to go with what I know and that is nowadays music.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 05:18 AM
Cinemaholic is currently offline Click here to Send Cinemaholic a Private Message Find more posts by Cinemaholic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wilco

It's too hard to clarify that!

I love early 70's - Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and late 60's.

Also..............cold chisel.............late 70's to early 80's.

Pearl Jam is still jamming after 25 years.

The Rolling Stones, is 50 years still jamming.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 04:32 AM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jim Colyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

The best era of music is always in the future.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 09:55 PM
Jim Colyer is currently offline Click here to Send Jim Colyer a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Colyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I suppose i would say Now, because it has everything to choose from. It's just unfortunate that you have to wade through so much and rap just to get to something that resembles a song. However, if you have the patience, there is an endless supply of "real" music out there, if you bother to do the research.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 05:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The 70's, and the 90's for me. These were the best commercial eras of music ever. At least for Rock and alternative Rock music I have no idea where everything went wrong these days?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 01:24 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Depends on the genre.

My favorite genre is metal, and though I know I'll take a lot of flack for this from old guard metalheads, I think we're in the greatest era for metal now.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 07:42 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'd agree, actually. Metal just keeps on pushing the boundaries of musical virtuosity (What a pretentious douchefag word to use).

Songs like this didn't exist in the 60's.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 09:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I picked 70-80 but in reality the 80s and before WAS THE BEST TIME FOR MANY THINGS!!

Old Post May 30th, 2014 10:50 PM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

As much as I appreciate what was generated and created from the 50's 70's. I truly believe that the ninties and early two thousands will later be remembered for accomplishments in the indy market. I'm not that fond of alternative metal or alternative rock but some of the music that came from that style has become standard for whats being played now. Either way my favorite era was late 60's early 70's

That's not to say that I think that was the "best" era of music because I don't think there is a "best" era of music. BEcause as we age our tastes change. Sometimes bands or artists that would or should appeal to us as adolescence aren't realized until we're more mature, just like the opposite.

MAny people complain about this generation of music but I believe it's the best. The worst thing ithink that has come from this era of music is the studio recordings. The fact that a band an record an album without actually having to perform together. As a musician it's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between a band that records live and one that records sets. I suppose that's a good thing, but everything sounds studio these days.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 07:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Matthew
Level ??? Con-Man

The old anarchist Punk era! big grin

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 03:30 PM
Dr. Matthew is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Matthew a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Matthew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I actually think this current era will become maybe not the best, but one of the best eras in music.

All the varied indie music hitting the mainstream nowadays is proof of that.
We've got Chrvches, Lorde, Echosmith, Arctic Monkeys, MGMT,
Deafheaven, et al. charting the Billboards.
It means more and more people are straying away from mainstream music to attain some individuality, or are sick and tired of hearing the same shit on the radio being played repeatedly.

And yes, I agree that the metal genre is getting more and more technical and complex.
It's a great time to be a metalhead.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 04:46 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Eighties for me, everything I love from Killing Joke to Black Flag from Bathory to The Sisters of Mercy produced their classics from that era.

The pop music was better then too.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 30th, 2014 06:20 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by NemeBro
I'd agree, actually. Metal just keeps on pushing the boundaries of musical virtuosity (What a pretentious douchefag word to use).

Songs like this didn't exist in the 60's.

Although, the mid to late 90s was a great time for Melodic Death metal.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 01:15 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I suppose i would say Now, because it has everything to choose from. It's just unfortunate that you have to wade through so much and rap just to get to something that resembles a song. However, if you have the patience, there is an endless supply of "real" music out there, if you bother to do the research.

Srsly? I find myself agreeing with Billy Corgan when he says that this era is filled with too many of the robot people, and how many of today's artists have absolutely zero talent. I mean we're in an era that Disk Jockeys have become rock stars. It's truly baffling.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote