KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)

Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't agree, but you knew that.

Indeed I did, but did you not know that before?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:03 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by janus77
Indeed I did, but did you not know that before?

I did, but I was doing you the courtesy of replying to your post.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I did, but I was doing you the courtesy of replying to your post.

Well then, I think we've both managed to be polite and courteous in acknowledging each other's posts.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:11 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well then, I think we've both managed to be polite and courteous in acknowledging each other's posts.

Indeed, good sir.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Indeed, good sir.

"You're Welcome".

I might have to "borrow" that someday ...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:15 AM
Badabing
Karen

Indeed, good sir.
"You're Welcome".

I might have to "borrow" that someday ...
Stop being so damn friendly, both of you.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:41 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman wins.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 02:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman sings Surfer out of existense just like he like he did Darkseid full powered body. smile

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 05:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by carver9
Superman sings Surfer out of existense just like he like he did Darkseid full powered body. smile
Maybe I'll Carver out of existence...

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 15th, 2013 05:17 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 11:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Given the way Surfer's powers are defined (or more precisely, not defined), it is very difficult to know whether he can't do some things, or whether he just doesn't due to comic conventions that tend to limit the overly realistic applications of powers.
One main example is super speed and reaction time. Clearly, in the comics Surfer doesn't have true super speed for all intents and purposes. But whether that is just because he simply cannot have it, or writers choose to limit the PC for story reasons, it is hard to say. Still, it seems likely that if you give the Power Cosmic to someone who is allowed full realism with its use, some kind of super speed or reactions can be produced.
I like Superman. I think that in a comic fight, he is favored. And I think the likelihood of weakness exploitation in a comics fight is greatly overstated. But if you turn PIS, CIS, and comic conventions off, I'm not sure how you beat the Power Cosmic here.
But maybe I'm not properly understanding the rules of this fight. Apologies if I am not, they were a bit hard to follow.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:18 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't read any comments other than those on first page but I agree with the people who think SS can take advantage of Clark's weaknesses for the win. Also, I think SS may have Superman level speed so I don't think Clark could just speed blitz him so easily and end the fight before SS took advantage of his weaknesses. SS wins the majority of time, imo.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 09:16 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Nah, he just punches his silver dome till surfer is ko

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 06:48 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Nah, he just punches his silver dome till surfer is ko

I seriously doubt it, unfortunately.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 04:45 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So any takers for this? Open challenge to any surfer fan.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 02:20 PM
Knife
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend

You know Abhi, I really like your posts and I am far more of a Superman fan than I am a fan of the Surfer, however the Surfer has one feat which puts him above all other heralds. When he actually gave true life to Quasimodo. That was weird as hell.... and really puts him up there above all the others. I still think Superman would probably beat him in a forum battle though.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 12:16 AM
Knife is currently offline Click here to Send Knife a Private Message Find more posts by Knife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by abhilegend

Alright Abhi I accept your challenge, I will represent Superman against your Silver Surfer.

I will not only enlighten you through logic and rational reason as to why Superman is superior to Silver Surfer in a combat oriented context, I will also convince you that Superman is the superior fighter between the two.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 01:52 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote