KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)

Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Surfer dominates. This is one of Superman's biggest matchup nightmares ever created on his level.

I agree with this... surfer is the icing on the cake when it comes to annihilating supes. Even if surfer didn't exploit the weakness against supes I would give him a high majority. Sufer is clearly more powerful by a large gap imo.

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:28 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by -Pr-
no.

it's not the power cosmic, though. unless it is and i'm forgetting something?

and?

Then why did you say you doubted he could hit 1,000 times lightspeed with his board? You said that you honestly didn't believe Surfer could do that with his board and then said you we talking more about the speed than the energy... confused

It's just light, something Surfer's produced from his body before.

And if they've never said that someone from another universe can't create working k-nite there's no reason to think Surfer would be unable to.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:35 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by h1a8
No it hasn't been. Otherwise Superman would have been dead going through a red sun.

The board can't move very fast in the beginning of Superman's time.
Superman could simply pop Surfer and combo him to ko before the board even gets to Superman.

So there's not a scene where Batman explanes to Supes that red sunlight depowers Supes differently than they thought before?

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:38 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Unavoidable

Originally posted by carver9
I agree with this... surfer is the icing on the cake when it comes to annihilating supes. Even if surfer didn't exploit the weakness against supes I would give him a high majority. Sufer is clearly more powerful by a large gap imo.
I agree to with the more powerful thing. Surfer seems to be deadlier than before in his classic days.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Surfer no contest.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 08:37 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by darthgoober
Then why did you say you doubted he could hit 1,000 times lightspeed with his board? You said that you honestly didn't believe Surfer could do that with his board and then said you we talking more about the speed than the energy... confused

It's just light, something Surfer's produced from his body before.

And if they've never said that someone from another universe can't create working k-nite there's no reason to think Surfer would be unable to.

because how fast he can move and how fast he can direct the board are two different things to me.

but has he charged the board with anything that isn't power cosmic?

except that he would need to know it's composition, and there's still the matter of whether johns' retcon applies to new earth superman like the rest of them.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied Ė chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 09:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

surfer overall.
kal might take some

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 09:34 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

tha surfer. and btw, darthgoober's owned this debate lol

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 09:48 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime
Thinking About You

Going through the thread, I'm seeing like...the exact same responses I'd see in a regular Superman vs Silver Surfer thread.

I guess everyone debates Silver Surfer in a "tournament style" regardless of the thread stipulations.

I'm always watching.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:07 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

because how fast he can move and how fast he can direct the board are two different things to me.

but has he charged the board with anything that isn't power cosmic?

except that he would need to know it's composition, and there's still the matter of whether johns' retcon applies to new earth superman like the rest of them.

Why does it matter if he can turn at those speeds if Supes can't get out of the way? Supes has to be able to dodge Surfer's top straitline speeds before Surfer manuverability even becomes an issue.

If you're asking if there's ever been a specific repeat of the feat with another form of energy, no. But he's still got more than enough to credit to support his doing what I've been suggesting...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...1988_016_12.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...1988_016_13.jpg

That's where Cosmic Awareness comes in. Yeah but we don't just assume things like that if they DC hasn't said that it's impossible for people from other universes to create working K-nite.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:57 PM
Deadline

Shit, i'd forgotten about Infinite Crisis...

Originally posted by Leobama

yup.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 03:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by illadelph12
Surfer.

Too many options.

It's not a slight to Superman that Surfer is simply equipped to beat him, btw. Superman's still the 'better' hero.
The hell he is, SS is the better chaarcter and this is an objective truth.

I'll have him win by shrinking to an atom's size then going into SM's head and expanding.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 03:32 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by 753
The hell he is, SS is the better chaarcter and this is an objective truth.

I'll have him win by shrinking to an atom's size then going into SM's head and expanding.

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing
laughing
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 03:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Leobama

People are crazy to even try to debate against darth... especially regarding surfer. He is honestly one of the best debators on the forum (one dumb is right beside him).

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Unavoidable

Originally posted by carver9
People are crazy to even try to debate against darth... especially regarding surfer. He is honestly one of the best debators on the forum (one dumb is right beside him).
Ahem.....cough....cough.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:29 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

As far as creating kryptonite is that even necessary? Specifically speaking superman is weak to whatever radiation is emitted by the rocks... Right?

When faced against gladiaor his cosmic awareness told him what that specific radiation wave was and he created it...

When thanos and surfer landed on a planet and the inhabitants were dying surfer creating antibodies to negate whatever it was that was killing them...

I think as long as surfer knows what the item is, he can recreate it.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:30 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Superior

Could someone post a real FIGHTING speed feat for surfer? Cause I've only seen him being very fast while travelling on his board.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:40 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MF DELPH
KMC's Alpha Black Dude

Well, there is that feat of him taking on an armada and zipping around blasting each ship nearly simultaneously, but he was on his board flying. And there's the navagating an asteroid field going multiples of light. Surfer doesn't tend to combo to ko people so there's not a lot of scans of that, he's more of the Morgan Freeman "Shoot this muthaf*cka" type.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:47 PM
MF DELPH is currently offline Click here to Send MF DELPH a Private Message Find more posts by MF DELPH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Could someone post a real FIGHTING speed feat for surfer? Cause I've only seen him being very fast while travelling on his board.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...99003316ik9.jpg

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:49 PM
Deadline

I think he means h2h or close combat.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:51 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote