KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)

Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Could someone post a real FIGHTING speed feat for surfer? Cause I've only seen him being very fast while travelling on his board.
BRB godhunter

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:55 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

weakness exploitation really isn't necessary here, SS has so many defensive options such as intangibility, teleportation, force-fields, dimensional travel, shrinking, etc. He can handle supes and blast until the damage builts or use his more exotic powers to atempt a oneshot

Last edited by 753 on Oct 21st, 2010 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:56 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Deadline
I think he means h2h or close combat.

IDK, that would be a pretty silly request for it's specificness. Surfer's arms and torso moved everybit as much in my multi-image attack scan as they would have if he'd throw an equal number of punches...

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 21st, 2010 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:58 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by darthgoober
IDK, that would be a pretty silly request in it's specificness. Surfer's arms and torso moved everybit as much in my multi-image attack scan as they would have if he'd throw an equal number of punches...

I really don't think so, for starters hes moving some distance before he moves his body and limbs not the same as fighting with an opponent in close combat who has FTL reflexes.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

IDK, that would be a pretty silly request for it's specificness. Surfer's arms and torso moved everybit as much in my multi-image attack scan as they would have if he'd throw an equal number of punches...
the things is taht h2h is irrelevant for the SS, SM is the brawler, not him. He can just go nova or become intangible when SM goes at him

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:03 PM
darthgoober

I really don't think so, for starters hes moving some distance before he moves his body and limbs not the same as fighting with an opponent in close combat who has FTL reflexes.

He's still lauching and dodging multiple attacks. I'm not using the scan to establish his level of combat speed, just to prove that he definately has it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:04 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

He's still lauching and dodging multiple attacks. I'm not using the scan to establish his level of combat speed, just to prove that he definately has it.

Ah ok.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:05 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Has he done the board ramming thing on anyone with Superman level speed and reflexes?

Why do some people ask stupid questions like this... That is like me asking has Superman ever dodge a board that can go 1000 times the speed of light made up of red sun radiation? Of course he hasn't... but what does that prove...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 07:28 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I wonder what would happen if Surfer transmuted all of the oxygen or iron in Supes lungs and blood into diamonds or adamantium? Would Supes have a fatal stroke, or would his durability allow him to still be alive, but unable to move?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 07:29 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

if you ask PR, superman has resisted transmutation. shifty

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 07:36 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Surfer is still dodging and launching an offensive the entire time and is completely under control you act as if he flies blind and has no idea what is going to happen next. I mean just think about it alfheim.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 08:12 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why do some people ask stupid questions like this... That is like me asking has Superman ever dodge a board that can go 1000 times the speed of light made up of red sun radiation? Of course he hasn't... but what does that prove...

It's hardly a stupid question. Acting like hitting BRB with the board and hitting Superman are the same thing is what's stupid.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Oct 21st, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 10:38 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why does it matter if he can turn at those speeds if Supes can't get out of the way? Supes has to be able to dodge Surfer's top straitline speeds before Surfer manuverability even becomes an issue.

If you're asking if there's ever been a specific repeat of the feat with another form of energy, no. But he's still got more than enough to credit to support his doing what I've been suggesting...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...1988_016_12.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...1988_016_13.jpg

That's where Cosmic Awareness comes in. Yeah but we don't just assume things like that if they DC hasn't said that it's impossible for people from other universes to create working K-nite.

we are never going to agree. ever lol.

Originally posted by King Castle
if you ask PR, superman has resisted transmutation. shifty

if you'd read the comics you'd know he has. more than once.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 10:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
we are never going to agree. ever lol.

if you'd read the comics you'd know he has. more than once.
i know.no expression

except the other times when he hasnt. smokin'

like the time he was magically/scientifically de-aged by Klarion.

or when he was screwed with by mixy.

or when he called down the lightning.

or when superman turned into living lightning.

wasnt he also turned int a gorilla in the past?

but, go ahead and use the dominus feat. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:00 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

wasn't talking about dominus.

and i really hope you're not comparing the surfer to mxy. or even dominus for that matter.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

or when he was screwed with by mixy.

I really hope you're not trying to equate Surfer's transmutation with Mxy's reality warping.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:05 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

of course not.

i/m just saying.

or when he was phased into a table. whistle

pointing out it does happen.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:09 PM
Omega Vision

of course not.

i/m just saying.

But pretty much anyone below Cube Being would get transmuted by Mxy, so it has as little to no relevance in this debate.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

of course not.

i/m just saying.

phased in to a table is not transmutation.

it happens rarely, and at the very least about as much as he resists it if not less-so due to his willpower being the deciding factor a lot of the time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:13 PM

Originally posted by -Pr-
phased in to a table is not transmutation.

it happens rarely, and at the very least about as much as he resists it if not less-so due to his willpower being the deciding factor a lot of the time.
If his skull had been left phased into the ground, would that have killed him?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 11:16 PM